A. V . Thoughts.

intheslot

1 hour ago, Poulin20 said:

I’m cautiously optimistic and definitely see a difference.  Don’t know if he’s THE answer but he’s a major upgrade from Hak.

TK: “... It’s a fresh start, and everybody is believing and trusting our systems right now and we’re sticking to it. We’ve seen his past success, and we believe in what he’s teaching us. We’re just a bunch of sponges and soaking it all up.”

Sometimes believing in what you're doing makes all the difference especially when it yields results.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

TK: “... It’s a fresh start, and everybody is believing and trusting our systems right now and we’re sticking to it. We’ve seen his past success, and we believe in what he’s teaching us. We’re just a bunch of sponges and soaking it all up.”

Sometimes believing in what you're doing makes all the difference especially when it yields results.

On top of that, Hart said in some recent post game interview that it was a great group of guys in the room and they’re having fun. Great to hear. 

• Like 2

AV is not the second coming of Scotty Bowman, but he's the best head coach we've had since Peter Laviolette. We finally have a qualified NHL head coach. What is going on with the struggling of the team at times, is twofold. For one, some of the veteran players have not produced well enough ...i.e. Voracek and Gostisbehere. The other thing is, we're leaning on a hell of a lot of young players to produce, which will probably continue to amount to more inconsistency. That includes Carter Hart.

• Like 2

RE: Claude Giroux and Jake Voracek, Alain Vigneault Says He Was “Stating the Facts”

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2019/11/re-claude-giroux-and-jake-voracek-alain-vigneault-says-he-was-stating-the-facts.html?amp

Farzetta: You had kind of asked to get a little bit more out of those players in the early goings of the season. Just a couple of weeks ago you had put that out there. Have those guys responded enough for you, you think?

Vigneault: Yeah, I think they have. In G’s case, without a doubt he’s a great role model for our younger players. He’s working extremely hard and I think his performances have improved. In Jake’s case right now I think he’s still looking to find his game. His game is not where I think we need it to be and where he wants it to be. He knows he can play better.

But I wasn’t really challenging those players; I was just stating the facts. The facts are that for the Flyers to have success this year, you need your top players to be top performers. We need those guys on a daily basis, whether it’s practices or games, to be great role models and we need them to perform just like any team that strives to win. You need your top players to be at their best.

Sorry but this seems on the surface so far they hit the ball out the park with this guy.

Now all that is left to do to seal his legendary status with Pederson and Foles is win us a damn Cup!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

RE: Claude Giroux and Jake Voracek, Alain Vigneault Says He Was “Stating the Facts”

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2019/11/re-claude-giroux-and-jake-voracek-alain-vigneault-says-he-was-stating-the-facts.html?amp

Farzetta: You had kind of asked to get a little bit more out of those players in the early goings of the season. Just a couple of weeks ago you had put that out there. Have those guys responded enough for you, you think?

Vigneault: Yeah, I think they have. In G’s case, without a doubt he’s a great role model for our younger players. He’s working extremely hard and I think his performances have improved. In Jake’s case right now I think he’s still looking to find his game. His game is not where I think we need it to be and where he wants it to be. He knows he can play better.

But I wasn’t really challenging those players; I was just stating the facts. The facts are that for the Flyers to have success this year, you need your top players to be top performers. We need those guys on a daily basis, whether it’s practices or games, to be great role models and we need them to perform just like any team that strives to win. You need your top players to be at their best.

Sorry but this seems on the surface so far they hit the ball out the park with this guy.

Now all that is left to do to seal his legendary status with Pederson and Foles is win us a damn Cup!

I mean, it was never going to work out with Hakstol.  It wasn't a bad idea to try it I guess.  Hextall knew he was going to be leaning on a coach to make men of a bunch of boys and Hakstol had a good record of doing that.

But that neglects the fact that he was also doubling down on some already men who he was going to be putting in a tough spot for the prime of their careers.  

I think the experiment proved what it needed to a year and a half before anyone took action.  

Before Homer lost his mind in 2012 he did a lot of really good things and jumping on Laviolette when he became available was one of them.  I still believe that firing Laviolette was more for Laviolette's sake than for the Flyers' sakes and I think it was a gentleman's understanding between coach and GM that lead to it.  Hextall was already in the process of being groomed to take over for Homer himself.

Anyway... I thin AV is a good choice.  He actually is an NHL minded coach, not just a hockey or hockey player minded coach.   He doesn't seem to carry or even acknowledge any of the baggage at play.  He sees the players he has doing what they're doing.  

He doesn't even seem to gage the level of frustration or anticipation of the fans.  He's in this to win a cup for himself.  

I think we'll see more of a connection with the players and the fans develop over the course of a season.  

It doesn't seem like Fletcher's going to give him Frost any time soon and now that Morin is out of the picture completely He's kinda stuck with the players he's got (at least he will be once Laughton returns).   Hopefully Laughton's return can either shake loose an actual 3C or be that 3C himself.  

Lindy  Coots  Teeks

Giroux  Hayes  Farabee

JVR  Laughts  Jake

Raffl   Misha   Pitlick 

that works for me for now hopefully they start seeing what they need to from Frost soon and maybe we can see him in 2020.  

To me that leaves the biggest weak spot being Braun and Hagg.  And I don't know what to do about that because I don't see anyone trading a good 4D anytime soon.  

Maybe come deadline time if the Devils are completely out of it, you might be able to bring in a Vatanen as his UFA year is coming... but I'm not terribly interested in giving the Devils anything helpful.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Lindy  Coots  Teeks

Giroux  Hayes  Farabee

JVR  Laughts  Jake

Raffl   Andreoff  Pitlick 

Sorry but I have to make an adjustment.

From what I have seen from Andreoff so far is perfect for the 4th line.

So to hell with Misha I'm done with that lazy Russian (Don Cherry would be proud).

So it's Andreoff's job to lose dude finishes his check and is very physical and what they need.

He makes Stewart obsolete in my eyes.

If they need be send Twarynski back so he can play and keep Stewart around I guess as the 13th forward.

Or you can swap Pitlick for Twarynski if need be no biggie.

That is my lineup when Laughton gets healthy.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I agree with this. Raffl was centering that line though, which I think was key. He may not ever be the best at the dot, but Raffl is easily one of the more tenacious possession beasts on this team. If he can work on his FO, he would really be the perfect 4C. Whether that's possible at this point in his career, I dunno, but he has plenty of top ranked FO guys on the team to learn from.

I quite liked Twarynski too -- maybe more than Pitlick. 

Plenty of good 4th line options though, which is nice to see!

Edited by elmatus
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Podein25 said:

I thought this thread was about AV's thoughts, but instead it's just ours. Oh well.

I like OUR thoughts.

Its like sitting in a kiddie pool, wearing an inflatable raft, playing catch with a plugged in hair dryer

The mind of a lunatic is a vast expanse

• Like 1

17 hours ago, brelic said:

On top of that, Hart said in some recent post game interview that it was a great group of guys in the room and they’re having fun. Great to hear. 

This is a prerequisite to be a flyer

They are issued Guitar hero and rum punch upon signing

17 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

So to hell with Misha I'm done with that lazy Russian (Don Cherry would be proud).

So it's Andreoff's job to lose dude finishes his check and is very physical and what they need.

He makes Stewart obsolete in my eyes.

If they need be send Twarynski back so he can play and keep Stewart around I guess as the 13th forward.

Or you can swap Pitlick for Twarynski if need be no biggie.

That is my lineup when Laughton gets healthy.

I can go with that.  Frankly I forgot about him.  

2 minutes ago, King Knut said:

I can go with that.  Frankly I forgot about him.  

I have to admit I only knew of his name from watching some King's games a few years back.

So wasn't familiar with him and he didn't stick out at all in the preason games.

But he has look very solid in the two games I watched him in.

AV even said this much to confirm that saying he didn't stand out during the preseason but after watching him in games was everything Chuckles said he would be.

So he has a spot for now we'll see if he can hold it.

A V ..on last game .

Coming off that last game, I’ve looked at the game, I’ve analyzed it. Even though it’s our third game in four nights, we’re in good shape. We made three bad changes that changed the whole dynamic, the whole complexion of that game. It’s something that is very fixable, very easy, it doesn’t worry me at all

• Like 1

You know at the end of the day with this team as always it leads me to believe that the core players who are left over at the end of the day just might be very smart.

To continue to struggle no matter the coach and no matter the system.

So when I wonder will this be addressed.

If AV can't get change made then it's clear the prisoners are running the asylum...

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 1

Hayes is safe. At least initially. JVR and Jake arent. Both will be moved, either by trade or expansion draft. Of course, if they start to perform, this can be changed.

When AV referenced the amount of games without positive results, that said it all to me. These players are on a short leash thats getting pulled tight