Game 18: Flyers vs Capitals 11/13/19 7:30 pm

OccamsRazor

10 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wow Myers why are you so high in the zone chasing the puck abandoned your position and that is where they scored from.

What the hell was that.   Puck watching.

Seems as though Jake and JVR are still on holiday.   And although unpopular, Farabee looks lost out there.  

1 minute ago, Digityman said:

What the hell was that.   Puck watching.

Seems as though Jake and JVR are still on holiday.   And although unpopular, Farabee looks lost out there.  

It just looked to me all 5 guys where just chasing the puck and forgot what they were supposed to be doing...it happens.

Myers being with Sanheim isn't the most ideal duo....Travis isn't good in his own end at times...very soft and still learning to himself.

It happens while learning on the job.

7 minutes ago, elmatus said:

He's impressing me more with every game.

He got caught waaaay out of position on the goal but otherwise he has looked pretty decent.

He just has to remember his main responsibility before free lancing.

I would love for him to keep his goal scoring streak going tonight they need a spark. 

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

He got caught waaaay out of position on the goal but otherwise he has looked pretty decent.

He just has to remember his main responsibility before free lancing.

I would love for him to keep his goal scoring streak going tonight they need a spark. 

Yeah, he did. I'm willing to give him some passes though as he figures out the game at this level. Overall, he has really fit into this roster without much issue. He already looks more rounded at the position than most of the existing d-corps. It's a small sample size of course, but I'll take it.

I think it's notable how lost the defense looked in the few games prior to his addition. Then he shows up and suddenly things get measurably better. He's not all to thank for that of course, but it seems very fair to give him his share of it.

For me, he's been the best Flyers dman on the ice not named Provorov or Niskanen. That's not nothing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, elmatus said:

He already looks more rounded at the position than most of the existing d-corps

This is true mainly his partner....him on the ice AND Voracek out there to (who was doing snow angels while everyone else was chasing the play.

9 minutes ago, elmatus said:

For me, he's been the best Flyers dman on the ice not named Provorov or Niskanen.

I agree too. I really would like for his partner to come around...it would help...but Travis is struggling and no his offense has disappeared as well. 

Sanheim has only 2 points in the last 10 games....and pointless in the last 5.

At this point this is a game i would be happy just getting a point in and forcing OT.

This is the best team they have faced this year hands down so far. A very aggressive and good skating team.

Hart is doing all he can to keep them in this. I would love to earn a point. Let's do it guys.

I am proud of them for earning that point.

The Carter Hart Point ™

They damn sure did.

Hart was brilliant.

One goal on 36 shots tells me so.

Plus that shiny 972%.

I would have went with the game winner from last shootout is my complaint.

Jake to start of all people?

I would have went Farabee Giroux Coots.

Anyways hard earned point with the top team in the East.

Rest up boys.

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 2

Wow i learned something this morning...i don't know how i didn't know this but i didn't.

I didn't know Chris Stewart had a brother who was also a former 1st round pick (bust) for the Florida Panthers.

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2013%2F0709%2Fotl_g_stwes_cr_800.jpg&w=800&h=450&scale=crop&cquality=80&location=origin&format=jpg

Drafted with the 25th pick in 2003.

Learn something new everyday.

17 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

i could be wrong but i believe this is the style of hockey that's going to win championships, i get that no one likes defensive hockey but that's always been identity of winning championships, you dont see teams in the playoffs outscore every team because of good goaltending and good defensive players, it's just matter of which goalie falls under pressure.

• Like 4

We came back strong in the second part of the game and could have won it, nice job. One thing that concerns me is ,if we face a team like Washington or Boston in the playoffs, I don’t think we are physical enough to win a 7 game series. There was a particular play last night where Ghost was manhandled  behind the net by Wilson . Washington has some big skilled guys Oshie ,Ovechkin and Wilson can no longer be called a goon , he can play. Twaryinski , Anrdreoff. and Raffl have some size and grit but they are 4th liners. 

2 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

i could be wrong but i believe this is the style of hockey that's going to win championships, i get that no one likes defensive hockey but that's always been identity of winning championships, you dont see teams in the playoffs outscore every team because of good goaltending and good defensive players, it's just matter of which goalie falls under pressure.

The best thing that can happen is for the young guys on the blueline to play and get better....only way to do that is play and get coached up.

So it's a on going process a lot to get better at for sure but to get points now in 7 straight games.

8-2-2 since October 21st. That is progress they can be proud of Hart and worked his save percentage to 904 now.

Goals against is down to 2.53 and that only comes from continuing to grind and work on their play.

I still think the 3rd line needs to be reworked it just hasn't been very effective.

The rest of the lines did pretty well and they reduced Andreoff's minutes a lot last night he only skated around 5 minutes.

Unless he got hurt which i didn't hear or see. Any word on him. Figures @CoachX talks him up and even dedicates a thread to him and jinxes him.....damn him!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

We came back strong in the second part of the game and could have won it, nice job. One thing that concerns me is ,if we face a team like Washington or Boston in the playoffs, I don’t think we are physical enough to win a 7 game series. There was a particular play last night where Ghost was manhandled  behind the net by Wilson . Washington has some big skilled guys Oshie ,Ovechkin and Wilson can no longer be called a goon , he can play. Twaryinski , Anrdreoff. and Raffl have some size and grit but they are 4th liners. 

Well this group isn't going to get physical overnight they are who they are right now they will need some kind of trade to make that happen.

Not sure who they can get to add that missing element.