Jump to content
You are a guest user Click to join the site
News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

Howie58

Happy Anniversary to the Expats from Philly.Com

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Quatto was responsible

 

This is actually true. The original troll.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CoachX said:

Quatto was responsible

 

Special K wow I almost forgot about him/her/it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kuato yeah, but wasn’t there was one other one too? Not (just) Buffalo Rick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

Kuato yeah, but wasn’t there was one other one too? Not (just) Buffalo Rick. 

 

Vader and Tucker and FORSBY perhaps?

 

There was also General Zod who had 1000 different aliases.

 

SYSOPS2 was no picnic either as he let a lot of this stuff happen unabated.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great thread @Howie58!

 

Do you guys remember cupcrazy2000? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was there an Icespike or icepick or something? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Podein25 said:
11 hours ago, CoachX said:

Quatto was responsible

 

This is actually true. The original troll.

 

of course Vader sped things up .....

 

who remembers xxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx  LOL

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Poulin20 said:

Vader and Tucker and FORSBY perhaps?

 

yeah the 3 headed monster .....  it got rediculuous..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite was when all of posts (thousands, over 10 years) were suddenly ascribed to @hf101.

 

The thing was that back then we had some battles over the shootout and, I think, Footsberg. So there were threads of hf fighting with hf. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

The thing was that back then we had some battles over the shootout and, I think, Footsberg. So there were threads of hf fighting with hf

 

OMGG ...yes ... I remember that also ......

 

Anyway .... so glad this place opened up to us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ruxpin said:

My favorite was when all of posts (thousands, over 10 years) were suddenly ascribed to @hf101.

 

The thing was that back then we had some battles over the shootout and, I think, Footsberg. So there were threads of hf fighting with hf. 

 

Lol i dont remember that, might have been before my time. I was late to the party, but man what a blast it was meeting you folks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want to say i hate everyone here....equally of course!!!!

 

 

What this place misses is that @fanaticV3.0 guy...it's not the same without him around....

 

Carry on!!!!!!

 

:LiesSign:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Podein25 said:

 

Lol i dont remember that, might have been before my time. I was late to the party, but man what a blast it was meeting you folks.

 

I was bozoed for a bit and that happened.  I was on the board for about 6 months as "nipxur."

 

The regulars there will laugh at this:

I put "Anyone Need a Lexus?" in my signature line and used HTML tags.  

I was bozoed for "using HTML tags" (despite the fact they allowed the functionality -- if you don't want people to use them, turn them off) and for trying to sell and advertise on the site.  

 

Clearly, Jonathan (Sysops2) paid zero attention to that board.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

 

I was bozoed for a bit and that happened.  I was on the board for about 6 months as "nipxur."

 

The regulars there will laugh at this:

I put "Anyone Need a Lexus?" in my signature line and used HTML tags.  

I was bozoed for "using HTML tags" (despite the fact they allowed the functionality -- if you don't want people to use them, turn them off) and for trying to sell and advertise on the site.  

 

Clearly, Jonathan (Sysops2) paid zero attention to that board.

 

Lol, I remember that! I haven't' heard "bozoed" for ages, is that term still used?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

 

Lol, I remember that! I haven't' heard "bozoed" for ages, is that term still used?

 

I don't think it actually is, but it was the term then so I stuck with it for my story.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trolling aside, I remember frequent warnings from McAfee (links to dangerous sites) and pop-ups despite AdBlock.  We don't worry about that here.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, mkscrewy said:

Kuato yeah, but wasn’t there was one other one too? Not (just) Buffalo Rick. 

I think Buffalo Rick also made the transition to this site......

 

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, OH1FlyersFan said:

I think Buffalo Rick also made the transition to this site......

 

 

 

He did indeed.  He is a regular poster here with the handle Hockeyjunkie 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder what ever happened to AndyS , JRATT, and Xterra?  There was also a guy who's handle was named after a family dog that had died...

 

Update it was Dagwood I think!

Edited by Poulin20
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2019 at 10:44 PM, brelic said:

Great thread @Howie58!

 

Do you guys remember cupcrazy2000? 

 

I remember the name but not much else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2019 at 10:30 AM, ruxpin said:

 

I was bozoed for a bit and that happened.  I was on the board for about 6 months as "nipxur."

 

 

I remember that.  I was going to bring it up...but you beat me to it!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Most Liked Posts in This Topic

    • 13
      Post
      Greetings:   I looked at my profile last night and noted registration was November 12, 2011.  I recall that many of us jumped ship from the old site on Philly.Com around that time.    This is a much better environment.  I forget who led the exodus--Radoran, Rux?  What I know is that we have a group of thoughtful, respectful members. We live without popups and spyware.  This is an extended cyber-family and we should appreciate what's happened over the years what we have in the
    • 8
      Post
      I'm thankful of where we are now.  I know I don't post much. But when I do, I prefer hockeyforums.  🍺
    • 7
      Post
      Both.   I believe he's happily married to his sister now.
    • 7
      Post
      my finest moment, bar none.
    • 6
      Post
      Best place to be, best run Forum out there!!!!    
    • 6
      Post
      @Howie58 Wow...just realized this thread was here! I, of course, don't share any of the memories you have of your old site, the mass exodus here, or some of the nutty characters you guys/gals knew over the years, but I CAN say I certainly am glad for this site as I was a wandering ethernet soul at the time I discovered this place (Nov 2013....which makes me a 6 yr vet here now) and have made it my hockey home. I had been a part of ESPN's message boards (they were awful...I learned to ta

Game Room 1

Please enter your display name

×
×
  • Create New...