About Andreoff

CoachX

Ok, who is this guy, and whats the deal? I wS blissfully ignorant of his existence until someone said he has pugilistic talents in his repertoire. So I went to Youtube and WALLA! there he is, dropping the mitts with some of the toughest in the league

Why has he floated around? Can he actually be an asset? Why is Chris Stewart still in philly?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Ok, who is this guy, and whats the deal? I wS blissfully ignorant of his existence until someone said he has pugilistic talents in his repertoire. So I went to Youtube and WALLA! there he is, dropping the mitts with some of the toughest in the league

Why has he floated around? Can he actually be an asset? Why is Chris Stewart still in philly?

I'm guessing Stewart is still here cause he is cheap...sitting in the press box will not stall his career and if he does dress he has excellent shoot out scoring percentage. I'm ok with him sitting in the rafters. 

34 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Why is Chris Stewart still in philly?

I would venture to say he is only here now still with the guys on IR out.

And when Laughton comes back they will have to make s decision maybe then...keep Twarynski in the lineup and sit someone else.

Or plug Laughton into his 3rd line LW spot and return him to the Phantoms since he can't be claimed on waivers.

Or still keep him around and healthy scratch him or with Morin done for the year they can keep all the guys till Patrick comes back then someone has to go.

Not a big deal but he has been a nice addition...and yes he can drop the gloves...he reminds me old 2010 version of Arron Asham loved that guy on the Cup run team.

But he is signed for next year already but he could be around for good if he continues to leave a positive mark on the team.

I guess it's a long way of saying Chuckles made another solid move??

You know how that is frowned upon here because of Minnesota...and what not stuff...one time in band camp comments... 

• Like 1

Greetings:

He is a third round pick from years ago...seems to come under the heading of fringe NHL'er. 

https://www.nhl.com/player/andy-andreoff-8476404

For $600K we aren't losing a lot.  If he makes the 4th line work better, fine.  What happens when Laughton comes back is an interesting problem.  We shall see. Meanwhile, the 4th line shows some energy.  I am a bit disappointed that Pitlick hasn't hit the back of the net. I guess that will happen eventually.

22 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

seems to come under the heading of fringe NHL'er. 

He's the poster child for "fringe NHLer"

If he brings something, terrific. It's not the make-or-break for this team.

At least we hope it isn't...

1 hour ago, radoran said:

He's the poster child for "fringe NHLer"

If he brings something, terrific. It's not the make-or-break for this team.

At least we hope it isn't...

Yeah prolly. But maybe he's just a (real) late bloomer (55 pts in the AHL last year as a member of the Lightning)?

Yeah, who am I kidding....

9 hours ago, CoachX said:

9 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Look at you going all bilingual on us!

8 hours ago, CoachX said:

Dont tell my wife. She thinks im straight

Haha...gotta admit... @CoachX has two goals with an assist from @flyercanuck in this thread.

Very lemonade-out-the-nostrils worthy commentary 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The question has already been answered, I think, about Andreoff...

But just to add, he was traded to the Lightning from the Kings in exchange for Peter Budaj as at the time, the Bolts had too many goalies.
Andreoff was never really expected to play at the NHL level, in fact, never saw the light of day with the Bolts, but he was mostly an AHL hand with their team in Syracuse.

Even at that, given the nice talent the Bolts have in AHL Syracuse, once his contract expired, TB never bothered to re-sign him, thus he ended up in Philly as a UFA.

Fringe NHL'er is about accurate. If you need a 4th line banger, then I guess he works.
But outside of that, not much else.

One thing positive I CAN say about him, seeing him play a bit while still in Los Angeles, he at least doesn't turn the puck over a lot.
Not sure if that is still true of him in Philly, but he does a pretty decent job of at least keeping possession of the puck...even if he doesn't quite know what to do with it after that.

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, yave1964 said:

Usually I avoid Flyer section so as not to offend

Why this place isn't intended for folks to stay on their respective team's board. 

It's meant for all hockey fans to speak where they want it just needs to be respectful.

We welcome all opinions even if we don't all agree and i feel i speak for pretty much everyone here.

So please you're always welcome...any fans here regardless the team they pull for.

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

24 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Fringe NHL'er is about accurate. If you need a 4th line banger, then I guess he works.

This and he has looked fine but remember we are talking about the 4th line and a role player.

So check back in a week and we may hate him and want him gone.

But so far he reminds me of Arron Asham minus the get under your skin part or at least i haven't seen that in his game yet.

18 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Why this place isn't intended for folks to stay on their respective team's board. 

It's meant for all hockey fans to speak where they want it just needs to be respectful.

We welcome all opinions even if we don't all agree and i feel i speak for pretty much everyone here.

So please you're always welcome...any fans here regardless the team they pull for.

Except PENGUINS fans, right?
Or is that BOLTS fans? 😄

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Except PENGUINS fans, right?

Oh yeah those are banned from the site as a precaution.

8 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Or is that BOLTS fans? 

Yes those too....but we don't have to worry about that...they don't have any.  :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wait, there are other teams and forums?

Hunh. Who knew 🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 1