Game 19: Flyers at Senators 11/15/19 7:30 pm

OccamsRazor

15 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Hart was good

He did what he had to do....

...to bad he didn't get any help.

This defense struggles when it comes to playing actual defense.

And the power play that was playing so well is in a downward spiral....another 0 for 5 night.

The are 2 for 20 since the Montreal game on the man advantage.

Sens are a more physical team than the Flyers....in fact i can't think of a team in the East that is less physical than they have become.

It's like they can't have speed and physicality from this group. Other teams seem to find it not sure how the Flyers find it.

I will defer maybe someone here knows...

• Haha 1

That friggin Ennis seems to haunt the Flyers he did it with the Leafs last year. This one finds his way through Hart's pads.

Give up a power play goal and can't score themselves with 5 chances.

So the game winner was deflected off Niskanen's stick but still before that TK gets beat along the boards...

...this type of play can't happen...turnovers and then in the net...it happens i guess. Weak board play has to be eliminated.

• Haha 1

im hearing alot of overreactions saying we should bring up frost, i mean i dont think he's going to make a difference either, fabree, tk, myers they didnt score either. you have to give credit to ottawa as well, they have alot of youth and have coach that plays similar to av. it's not that team has been playing really bad either, they have been playing really good, i can see them being a good team next year. sucks to lose but it happens, these next coming games is going to really difficult since they are defensive trap coaches, im not expecting high scoring games, hopefully they can pull it out.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tucson83 said:

im hearing alot of overreactions saying we should bring up frost, i mean i dont think he's going to make a difference either, fabree, tk, myers they didnt score either. you have to give credit to ottawa as well, they have alot of youth and have coach that plays similar to av. it's not that team has been playing really bad either, they have been playing really good, i can see them being a good team next year. sucks to lose but it happens, these next coming games is going to really difficult since they are defensive trap coaches, im not expecting high scoring games, hopefully they can pull it out.

Sure you're going to hear that stuff.

But Frost isn't going to help these current play better within the system...Frost isn't going to help the defensemen play better defense.

Frost isn't going to help JVR and Coots bury those shots right in front of the net.

Frost isn't going to help Hart squeeze his pads together better to not let that first goal through.

Frost isn't going to help TK learn to not get outworked for a puck along the walls that ends up being the game winner.

The players need to play better. Everyone needs to not let the Senators outplay them. Do that and they win.

Don't and they lose and get bumped out the 3rd spot in the metro back down to a wildcard spot. Every game and point matters.

They have to respect every opponent and play them just as hard as they did the Caps. And bottom line they didn't.

However i will say this maybe Frost can help with their goal scoring issues.

They have scored only 6 goals in their last 4 games.

But from reports i have read not my opinion on it is that Frost just isn't ready yet.

And that would seem about right since the Phantoms have a lot of injuries and really can't afford to lose Frost as well.

But maybe they could if they feel the need swap Frost out for Twarynski maybe. 

Or just leave hi alone and let him continue to work on his game and find an answer within their current group.

It seems as well that AV is still trying to send Jake a message since he only played 15:53 and only 10:06 at even strength.

Raffl had 9:57 himself at even strength.  So if they can ever find some use out of Jake that could unlock something with the club meanwhile he just continues to mess of the rhythm on other lines.

I have to think if Chuckles don't move him by at least the dead line it's safe to say no one wants him and his contract.

This is the year and time to move him if they can since AV is singling him out rightfully so.