Hartman

lynxrattle

ClusterChuck asked for opinions on Hartman. Here's my feelings on him (more feelings than really thought out opinions)

1. I hate his tendency to take a 2 minute penalty every other game in the third period

2. I like his tendency to take a 2 minute penalty every other game in the third period, if it's a sign of him deep down in his mind desiring to be the player who decides how the game ends

3. Hartman makes me think of Joel Armia, who used to be a 4th liner and PK killer for the Jets, and now plays PP and top six line time in Montreal

4. He's a first round pick

5. He doesn't look as slow as most of the the Wild

6. He's gritty

7. I think he might have some top 6 qualities in him, but he's realised he needs to play as a 4th liner

8. I'd be curious to see, to what extent he would he be able to utilise a chance to play more offensively, if given the chance

9. If Zuccarello is Lizard, Hartman should be Wolverine

hugh-jackman-wolverine-animal.jpg?qualit

• Like 1

Armia?  Hartman isn’t as skilled as Armia. Hartman had more of an offensive opportunity when he was with the Blackhawks.  Since he left there he has mostly been a bottom 6 checker.   Hartman’s game will always teeter on being helpful to being harmful depending on how the penalties shake out.  He could probably score more if he had more ice time / opportunity than he receives on the 4th line. 

Thanks Lynxrattle for the new thread. :) 

So much focus has been on Mats Z and from the games I've seen. (So far I've seen 5 full games and about 1/2 of 1/2 the others, Sadly)

Obviously Hartman isn't out on the ice as much as MZ but from what i've seen, He reminds me of a Foligno copy.

Which I'm all for especially since Foligno's out currently. 

I was hoping to see Foligno get some upper line time last year when things were dry in the scoring dept and he was showing some shooting ability. But given who we have and the situations, Both Hartman and Foligno will never see other than L3 or L4.

• 2 weeks later...