Wild vs. Hurricanes 11/16/19 @ 1:00PM CST at the X

CreaseAndAssist

7 hours ago, Icechipper said:

Was only able to watch the 3rd period. Appeared to me that the Wild were content and relieved to take the NHL participation point. Yeah they came back from a deficit, but the X is our home rink. Contrast that with the Vikings on Sunday. They gave the opposition a lead, played angry then turned on the guns and in effect said, "We got this. Hold my beer," and not for a moment took the proverbial foot off the gas.

Denver also decided to stupidly abandon running the football which made for some 3 & outs and...missed a fairly makeable field goal.  Denver found ways to lose that game as much as Minnesota executed enough to win it.  

As for the Minnesota Wild.  Minnesota can't spot teams the hockey equivalent of a 20-0 lead like the Vikings did and expect to turn it around.  

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 7:46 AM, CreaseAndAssist said:

Denver also decided to stupidly abandon running the football which made for some 3 & outs and...missed a fairly makeable field goal.  Denver found ways to lose that game as much as Minnesota executed enough to win it.  

As for the Minnesota Wild.  Minnesota can't spot teams the hockey equivalent of a 20-0 lead like the Vikings did and expect to turn it around.  

For sure this. The Wild just don't have the play makers and honestly, chemistry, too fight from a 2-0. Glad they got a win the other night but under the microscope it won't mean too much with the current roster. As much as some people might hearing but we would be a better team with Nino, Coyle and Granlund. Maybe not much more then a bottom 12 team but at least not one of 3 teams fighting it out for the worst team in the league. It honestly feels like the guys on the roster have just given up, which I can't blame them, or have been exposed they don't have the talent and all had a fluke one year ordeal.

At this point I don't know if Guerin could do much. We just don't have trade bait to get something to really improve the roster. The guys we probably would best off to move got lock down contracts that even if they waived their NTC no team is going to want them at their contracts. I think Guerin is really going to have to do some great drafting to improve the team as it appears players are now looking away from Minnesota to play for.