Did You Know: Tyson Barrie is a career -65 player!

WordsOfWisdom

29 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

In 21 games with the Leafs this season he has 0 goals, 5 assists, and is a -6.

Why is he here again?

🤔

Errrr...because someone had the bright idea he was better than Gardiner?

I actually thought Barrie WAS an upgrade from Gardiner, although not by much.
Barrie has disappointed. I wouldn't say he should have buried Gardiner's presence, but he definitely should have shown Leaf fans the reason he was brought in.

Gardiner isn't having a stellar year by any stretch, but without looking at hard, current numbers, I believe he is having the better season over with the Canes.

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Gardiner isn't having a stellar year by any stretch, but without looking at hard, current numbers, I believe he is having the better season over with the Canes.

It certainly couldn't be any worse than Barrie. This guy should be a healthy scratch. Do coaches still do the whole healthy scratch thing or is that taboo now?  Why do the Leafs keep trotting out the same failing lineup every night?  :( 

On 11/17/2019 at 7:42 AM, WordsOfWisdom said:

It certainly couldn't be any worse than Barrie. This guy should be a healthy scratch. Do coaches still do the whole healthy scratch thing or is that taboo now?  Why do the Leafs keep trotting out the same failing lineup every night?  :( 

They're paying them mucho. But I agree, they bench these pansies way too seldom these days. You have to understand them, it might hurt their feelings... 😟

-69 now, sorry! Seriously, 8 years in Colorado. That's a long time, never easy to settle down quickly but obviously needs to improve a lot.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone thought that Barrie is better than Gardiner but he is cheaper and that's the key, I think.

Barrie is a classic example of the grass always being greener.