FROST warning

King Knut

2 minutes ago, King Knut said:

But I dont' feel like sticking them together should probably hurt anything.  Hopefully all of them figure it out soon and maybe together, but even if they don't, it's not a nightmare line just because they're not scoring.   

Yeah, I don' t think the three of them together necessarily hurt anything.

Jake works hard.  He's just stupid as goat pee popsicles.

I think, though, I like putting people back on the side they naturally play rather than artificially having two of them play opposite sides.  Not a big deal with Giroux; obviously he has played quite a bit on the left.   But I don't like sticking a kid who's trying to learn the NHL game on the wrong side and having him learn that too.

No, the third line doesn't hurt anything.  I'm just not sure it actually helps anything.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Johnny Hockey put up 36 goals and 99 points last year.

"Johnny Hockey" scored ONE more point (an assist) than either JVR or Voracek did in the playoffs last year...and they weren't even in it. 

I get he looks great in the highlight reels. So does Voracek and JVR. But as hockey players, they are all missing something. 

58 minutes ago, King Knut said:

I know we're all just having fun here, but is there a reason I've missed as to why Calgary would ever consider trading Gudreau?

What @flyercanuck said hey I say f**k it I am ready to see if the grass is greener on that side.

One thing is for sure it would be different grass.

He's only sign for 3 more years at less than 7 mill per.

But yes not going happen I know.

3 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

"Johnny Hockey" scored ONE more point (an assist) than either JVR or Voracek did in the playoffs last year...and they weren't even in it. 

I get he looks great in the highlight reels. So does Voracek and JVR. But as hockey players, they are all missing something. 

So he had a bad year the whole team choked not one player.

Edited by OccamsRazor

58 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I think, though, I like putting people back on the side they naturally play rather than artificially having two of them play opposite sides.  Not a big deal with Giroux; obviously he has played quite a bit on the left.   But I don't like sticking a kid who's trying to learn the NHL game on the wrong side and having him learn that too.

No, the third line doesn't hurt anything.  I'm just not sure it actually helps anything.

Yeah... I’m with you. I think it only helps indirectly in that it gives Frost and Farabee the best options and maybe (hopefully)  takes some abuse and harder minutes from them. 

• Like 1

So it sounds like the have done their homework and weighed the options and it just happens to be the perfect storm for Frost being given the chance.

These know more about than I do so I guess we'll see if it's the right choice.

I think if the kid comes in and just doesn't try to do to much he will be ok....

Vigneault and general manager Chuck Fletcher speak daily with AHL affiliate head coach Scott Gordon. On Sunday, Vigneault spoke with Fletcher for an hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon. After hearing from Gordon, they felt the time was right for Frost.

“Putting our two minds together, we came up with this,” Vigneault said. “It wasn’t about coming up with a plan, it was just looking at our overall team — our four lines, our defense.”

As much as it was about Frost and the Flyers, it had a ton to do with van Riemsdyk, Hayes and Voracek. Frost is here and will make his NHL debut Tuesday night against the Panthers in Florida. While many eyes will be on Frost, Vigneault will continue to look for more from van Riemsdyk, Hayes and Voracek.

He’s a head coach with a track record of making the playoffs — and he sure doesn’t want to miss them in Year 1 with the Flyers.

5 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

One died. One didn't get too big. Two grew pretty huge. I pinched them a bunch of times.

Harvested. Dried. Still enjoying.

I didn't know you enjoyed the herb. The 72' plasma must look amazing when high.

20 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I found isolated footage of Jake's last game.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2019 at 11:39 AM, mojo1917 said:

I hope too, I also hope the fanbase can be patient with him.

He's got a pile of skill, There's going to be growing pains though.

I think this is too early, I'm not a GM though. 

I hope it works out, I hope this "necessity" doesn't wreck his confidence or body. 

I agree ,especially that Frost is on the first line,with G and TK. He is gonna face the other teams top line and top defense. I wont be surprised to see the lines change after a few games. Hes probably better off on the third line and working him into more ice time as the year rolls on.

16 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

I agree ,especially that Frost is on the first line,with G and TK. He is gonna face the other teams top line and top defense. I wont be surprised to see the lines change after a few games. Hes probably better off on the third line and working him into more ice time as the year rolls on.

I like the idea of starting him off with some skilled guys though.

If he can get some confidence rolling, a move down the roster could really help the team's depth.

He is wizard-like with the puck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Not as much as when I was younger...but I still dabble. 

And yes, it does!

I picked up some MK Ultra at the store the other day. Hadn't tried it before - it's a really nice indica that has a mix of giggly/creative head high but also really calming.