Cory Schneider on waivers

16 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

When is the last time a 6m dollar goalie with 2 and a half years left on his contract got put on waivers?

Just saw that.   That's amazing.

Do you think he just needs a change of scenery, or did he not come back from his injury right?

1 hour ago, yave1964 said:

WOW. traded for the 10th pick in the draft which turned out to be Horvat. Wonder if Jersey would like that one back, lol.

Honestly, at the time, that was a GREAT deal.... Schneider simply played lights out for a piss poor NJ team and as you know, the hope was the rest of the team needed to catch up competitively so Schneider could really bolster the team into annual contention.

Just seems to me the guy just truly fell off a competitive cliff!
Whether it really is due to some nagging injury that wasn't allowed to heal right, or like @J0e Th0rnton said, his confidence is just completely gone to blazes, only Schneider, his coaching staff, and his shaman know for sure.....

I've always liked the guy. I feel real bad for him and his team is a in a ginormous hole in large part due to his inability to perform.

MacKenzie Blackwood is just gonna have to grow up REAL fast, eh?

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

I'm really starting to like my trade for Blackwood.

I almost took that myself....but still didn't quite trust NJ as a team that they wouldn't let him down too.
I hope MacKenzie does well. This league needs some more outstanding young goalies and I don't want to see the organization ruin him somehow.
We will really see what Mr. Blackwood is made of.

• Like 1