Johnny gaudreau

FlyersFan4Life

If I'm Brad Treliving, I'm 0% interested in sending away Johnny Gaudreau (who scored 99 points just last season) for Jake Voracek, who is not as good a producer, more expensive and has started playing the back 9 of his career. I get why the Flyers would do it, but what's in it for the Flames?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

If I'm Brad Treliving, I'm 0% interested in sending away Johnny Gaudreau (who scored 99 points just last season) for Jake Voracek, who is not as good a producer, more expensive and has started playing the back 9 of his career. I get why the Flyers would do it, but what's in it for the Flames?

That's why I throw in Morin and a pick in my deal.

3 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

That's why I throw in Morin and a pick in my deal.

When you trade a player the quality of Gaudreau, you can't afford to get it wrong.

From a Flames perspective: Samuel Morin has played only 2 full seasons stretching back to 2012. He's a lot more likely to spend his time watching hockey games than find himself playing in them. His health could turn around, but it's too big of a gamble, so I would have no interest in him due to this. For me, it would then be down to Gaudreau for older, less productive, more expensive, and some magic beans.

I would never make that deal.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

When you trade a player the quality of Gaudreau, you can't afford to get it wrong.

From a Flames perspective: Samuel Morin has played only 2 full seasons stretching back to 2012. He's a lot more likely to spend his time watching hockey games than find himself playing in them. His health could turn around, but it's too big of a gamble, so I would have no interest in him due to this. For me, it would then be down to Gaudreau for older, less productive, more expensive, and some magic beans.

I would never make that deal.

How about if we throw in Gritty??

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

Absolutley nothing....

1 hour ago, FD19372 said:

Johnny Guadreau can help other similar players, like Konecny, who have the same stature and playing style. Send Calgary Voracek and Morin, throw in a pick if necessary.

Guadreau would be a huge help offensively,  but he does nothing to help the fact that we really need a couple of skilled wingers with size who play a Wayne Simmonds style of hockey and who have some of his leadership ability. I also agree there is no way they take Voracek for him. Isnt Guadreau an UFA soon and didnt he say he wants to play for the Flyers. I would wait for FA. If we are making any kind of bold trade, I would go after one of the Tkachuk brothers, of course that's a huge longshot. 

17 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Guadreau would be a huge help offensively,  but he does nothing to help the fact that we really need a couple of skilled wingers with size who play a Wayne Simmonds style of hockey and who have some of his leadership ability. I also agree there is no way they take Voracek for him. Isnt Guadreau an UFA soon and didnt he say he wants to play for the Flyers. I would wait for FA. If we are making any kind of bold trade, I would go after one of the Tkachuk brothers, of course that's a huge longshot. 

It's tough to see either the Flames or Sens wanting to involve the Tkachuk boys in trades. Each club is VERY happy with them. In Matthew's case, he's leading the Flames both in points and also Sh|ts Given/60 minutes. He is as awful as anybody there is to play against in the NHL.

It would require a vast overpayment.

• Like 2

*If*  the Flames would take Jake or JVR in a trade.....it's clear that they would need something else (pretty decent) in addition. 

Who or what (draft picks) would you be willing to add to make it worth it for the Flames?  

I'm not exactly sure what they need, maybe @Brewin Flames can shed some light there.

2019 1st round pick - probably around the 15-20  pick

2019 1st round pick - hopefully 20+ pick

Farabee?

Ghost?     

How about Ratcliffe who will be knocking on the door next September? 

How about Sandstrom?

Here's the thing.  Flyers finally have picks and several prospects that will be looking to be with the big club shortly.   I'm okay with spending some of that to get the guys that can make a difference and I think Gaudreau can (more so then JVR and especially Jake)

I'd really like to see them go for it while Giroux is still here.  

• Like 2

Hey if the trade goes down they need to bring Bill Arnold out of retirement to reunite the hottest line in college hockey at BU...

Gaudreau - Hayes - Arnold 

To bad AV hasn't got the results he was looking for when he put JVR, Hayes and Jake that Jerry York got when he put his BU trio together.

Hey let's reassemble it in Philly....where is ol Bill at these days???

5 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

From the article...

Voracek, who quietly has been the league’s fourth-highest-scoring right winger (518 points) since he joined the Flyers in 2011-12. 

17 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

From the article...

Voracek, who quietly has been the league’s fourth-highest-scoring right winger (518 points) since he joined the Flyers in 2011-12. 

In their rush to mention how much Voracek has scored in that period, it's too bad the author didn't take the time to mention that Gaudreau is the 2nd-highest scoring left winger (404 point) since he entered the NHL, and is 9th among all players in that time. Voracek is a very good player, and I'm not trying to crap on him, but is there anybody who thinks he's better offensively than Johnny Gaudreau?

If so, they'll have to explain the 43 point gap between them in that time.

Edited by JR Ewing
  • Like 1

i wouldn't want to part what with what would be necessary to bring JG here.

Ggy isn't "taking" Voracek,  plus detritus to get older, more expensive and depending upon whomever's trade scenario we are talking about, slower too.

There would be good players going to Cgy and only 1 coming back. the idea is to have more good players instead of less good players, and a deal for Gadreau would require more good players than the Flyers can afford to lose.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

i wouldn't want to part what with what would be necessary to bring JG here.

Ggy isn't "taking" Voracek,  plus detritus to get older, more expensive and depending upon whomever's trade scenario we are talking about, slower too.

There would be good players going to Cgy and only 1 coming back. the idea is to have more good players instead of less good players, and a deal for Gadreau would require more good players than the Flyers can afford to lose.

I don't know about that... if that means current roster players (esp the young guys), then I agree. I have no interest in trading TK, Lindblom, Farabee, Frost, Myers, Provorov. 

Ghost is an option. Sanheim, I could be convinced. But then they need a plan not named Hagg for the rest of the season.

Or prospects, like a Sandstrom or Zamula, O'Brien. Really, the only prospects I'm not including would be Brink and York. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brelic said:

I don't know about that... if that means current roster players (esp the young guys), then I agree. I have no interest in trading TK, Lindblom, Farabee, Frost, Myers, Provorov. 

Ghost is an option. Sanheim, I could be convinced. But then they need a plan not named Hagg for the rest of the season.

Or prospects, like a Sandstrom or Zamula, O'Brien. Really, the only prospects I'm not including would be Brink and York. 

I agree now is the perfect time to give up some pieces if they have to get him.

A winger who can bank you 100 points in their prime will cost you i am willing to move some to help this go down.

I don't want to move: TK, Lindblom, Farabee, Frost, Myers, Provorov or York.

Everyone else is on the table.

Would it suck to move these pieces sure but Johnny could help a lot and if he can help get Hayes his ol linemate going i say it's worth it.

But for it to work Voracek or JVR has to be a piece to going the other way.