22 Games in Thoughts on Flyers season ??

intheslot

Not sitting two bad when you consider two of there highest paid forward aren't hitting on much.

Jake now is still trying to get his 200th goal now for over 12 games....will he ever?

If he does I hope it isn't in orange and black...

They have not played themselves into a hole.

I think that is testament to the coaching staff.

The PP and PK are vastly improved from last year, even though we complain about the power play, most nights the PP is creating opportunities and provides good offensive zone time to build on.

I love watching Lindblom and Couturier, Sean, especially is beginning to take over the game when he's on the ice.  Now that he's back to being able to take face offs, I'm sure the possession numbers will get better.  Last couple of games his line has been dominant, for long stretches, the Panthers game I think would be the outlier, but those two are really fun to watch play hockey.

I stand by the statement our best players need to be better. I know Giroux won't be unlucky for long, last night he had a pretty nice 4 point game. Not so sure about JvR he has not figured out how to impose himself on the game and has really been pressing. I think Voracek could come around, I'd like him to be more selfish and possess and protect the puck more.  

I think Hayes has been good, he's good on the PK, I'd like him to score more, he's being paid like a guy that should be getting 55 pts at least right now that's looking like a stretch. He's got size, smarts and can skate some, he's been unlucky as well.

I think the kids are alright, I"ve been enjoying some crow about Frost, his skill level is stupid high, he hasn't been in a position to get killed ala Jack Hughes, he's smart and has some filthy mitts.

I think the defense will be better with more reps. There is size skating and shooting with Sanheim and Myers, Provorov and Niskanen are a ++ top pairing, the bottom 2 guys have been just fine, Braun is steady, Ghost is struggling a little, I hope he can improve.

Today the team will go as far as the goaltending takes them.  When they get good goalie play they win, when they get below average play it gets dicey. they aren't good enough to overcome a bad night by one of the keepers very often.

I like they way they are playing I think if some things break the right way they could be quite good. 

• Like 2