Wild vs. Bruins 11/23/19 @ 6:00PM CST at TD BankNorth Garden

CreaseAndAssist

Wild vs. Bruins Game Preview

Minnesota Wild (9-11-2)  20pts  7th in the Central

2.73 Goals For Per Game (24th in the NHL)

3.27 Goals Against Per Game (22nd in the NHL)

17.8% Power Play (18th in the NHL)

83.3% Penalty Kill (8th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #12 Eric Staal ~ 6G 10A = 16pts

2. #16 Jason Zucker ~ 7G 8A = 15pts

3. #20 Ryan Suter ~ 2G 10A = 12pts

4. #11 Zach Parise ~ 8G 3A = 11pts

5. #9 Mikko Koivu ~ 2G 9A = 11pts

Top 3 PIM’s:

1. #38 Ryan Hartman ~ 33 PIM’s

2. #12 Eric Staal ~ 20 PIM’s

3. #24 Matt Dumba ~ 19 PIM’s

Top Goaltenders:

1. #32 Alex Stalock (5-3-0)  2.56GAA  .913%SP  1SO

2. #31 Kaapo Kahkonen N/A

Vs.

Boston Bruins (14-3-5)  33pts  1st in the Atlantic

3.55 Goals For Per Game (5th in the NHL)

2.36 Goals Against Per Game (2nd in the NHL)

30.9% Power Play (2nd in the NHL)

83.3% Penalty Kill (10th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #63 Brad Marchand ~ 15G 22A = 37pts

2. #88 David Pastrnak ~ 20G 16A = 36pts

3. #37 Patrice Bergeron ~ 8G 12A = 20pts

4. #47 Torey Krug ~ 2G 11A = 13pts

5. #46 David Krecji ~ 2G 11A = 13pts

Top 3 PIM’s:

1. #63 Brad Marchand ~ 39 PIM’s

2. #88 David Pastrnak ~ 18 PIM’s

3. #33 Zdeno Chara ~ 16 PIM’s

Top Goaltenders:

1. #40 Tuukka Rask (10-2-2)  2.05GAA  .931%SP  2SO

2. #41 Jaroslav Halak (4-1-3)  2.56GAA  .924%SP  1SO

@MNSOTA wrote up the game preview, I will be on the post gamer.  This to me is a lot like playing Colorado.  A really good top line and then it drops off pretty big for the Bruins, but still...their 1st line is consistent and is very versatile and dangerous.  This is the start of a 3-game road trip where Minnesota will play 3 games in 4 nights, they might as well get the toughest one of the bunch out of the way first.  Enjoy and discuss...  

This feels like a lost game already. I have to keep reminding me of the fact that in one game pretty much anything can happen. Not having much hope, I hope for another thing: that is, that Donato playing against his old team would somehow find that thing (whatever it was) that made him look promising when he first came to the Wild. He's been a lost boy this season.

I would concur, Donato easily has been the most wayward / lost of any Wild player.  I don't think this one might be as lost as one would think.  The key is to stay out of the box, and do what they can to eliminate the Bruins' top line.  If they can hold that line in check...I think we have a fair chance.  To come away from this one with any points would be a bit of a surprise but for whatever reason I'm optimistic today.  

• Like 1

This is one of those games where if they can corral the Bruins top line and then stay out of the box, they might have chance to win this one. Plus Stalock needs to be on his game.

Look at the Colorado game. They bottled up MacKinnon's line pretty dang well. When did it get "exciting"? When the Wild started going to the penalty box.

The young guys are starting to come around. Not that I'm overly excited to know that two first rounders and a second rounder are composing the "checking line", but c'est la vie. Fiala still is afraid to get hit and turns the puck over too much because of that. They need to tie him in the net like they did to that kid in "The Mighty Ducks" and shoot pucks at him till he realizes it's not going to hurt (much).  But at least Fiala is starting to produce. Donato is doing nothing except taking up space on the bench. He should be in Iowa getting his confidence back. He just looks like a fish out of water. And not the cool one from "Chicken Little" either.

Image result for fish out of water chicken little

The Wild should have sent Donato to Iowa when they had the chance. Might have taken some of the pressure off him to perform. 

They play like they did against Colorado, they have a chance. Anything less and they'll get the "L".

Just now, Alexandron said:

MNSOTA, Are listening the game on the radio? 

Unfortunately, yes. With the Dish Network & Regional Sports Networks dispute and I can't watch on YouTubeTV because this game isn't on FS-WI, and the NESN/Bruins broadcast is blacked out, it is all radio for us tonight.

9 minutes ago, MNSOTA said:

I know there are live feeds out there, but considering some of the nasty adware messes I have to fix at work, I avoid all "free" streams with a vengeance. 

Find the computer that you do not care and try it. So far I do not have adware messes for this link.