Wild vs. Rangers 11/25/19 @ 6:00PM CST at Madison Square Garden

CreaseAndAssist

Just now, MNSOTA said:

Radio.

Sad. I started to listen first, and then tried to watch on bilasport.net It is working even at work. Interesting that always you have the commentators from the opposite teams and you listen their opinions about our team every time too.

2 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Sad. I started to listen first, and then tried to watch on bilasport.net It is working even at work. Interesting that always you have the commentators from the opposite teams and you listen their opinions about our team every time too.

Count your lucky stars......Falness is doing play by play again tonight. He tries way too hard when the Wild score. The ONLY person who should get the play by play gig when Kurtz retires is Joe O'Donnell who does the play by play for the Iowa Wild. He's been with our AHL affiliate for quite a long time, moving from Houston when the team moved to Des Moines. 

7 minutes ago, MNSOTA said:

Count your lucky stars......Falness is doing play by play again tonight. He tries way too hard when the Wild score. The ONLY person who should get the play by play gig when Kurtz retires is Joe O'Donnell who does the play by play for the Iowa Wild. He's been with our AHL affiliate for quite a long time, moving from Houston when the team moved to Des Moines. 

Falness is a dickhead...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MNSOTA said:

I like Joe O"Donnell. Listened lots of games of the Iowa Wild team. As well as I like Kurtz too which I listened for many years.

• Like 1

Sadly, I'm not getting a turkey dinner this year. With switching departments at work, I am working. I have Thanksgiving itself off, but I have to work Friday and Saturday. Since we only have one car (I work from home, so why bother with more than one car), the original plan was to meet LIG's parents in Eau Claire Wednesday night and I would have the car. I was planning then on going to Rochester (the location of my extended family's gathering this year) and then drive home after. But with the crap storm of weather coming our way, I don't even want to drive to Eau Claire.

Maybe I'll get a turkey breast that I can toss into the Instant Pot and make a mini turkey day dinner (and leftovers) for myself.

3 minutes ago, MNSOTA said:

Maybe I'll get a turkey breast that I can toss into the Instant Pot and make a mini turkey day dinner (and leftovers) for myself.

I did one of those a couple of weeks ago. Worked out perfectly for my family of three. 
With mashed potatoes. Of course. 

1 minute ago, IllaZilla said:

I did one of those a couple of weeks ago. Worked out perfectly for my family of three. 
With mashed potatoes. Of course. 

I highly recommend the Bob Evan's mashed potatoes in the refrigerated section of the supermarket. 

2 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

I do them in my Instant Pot. With sour cream, milk and a lot of butter. When I want to be fancy I’ll use heavy cream...

I'm lactose intolerant....the Bob Evan's ones are hard enough on me. I may try making some vegan ones (vegan butter and almond milk) to see how they turn out.

2 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Sounds delicious. Do you use any cranberry sauce too during a Thanksgiving dinner?

Homemade cranberry sauce is soooooo easy and so much better than the canned stuff. I like the cranberry sauce recipes that call for fresh ginger. 

Also, pumpkin pie is the EASIEST of all pies to make.

1 minute ago, MNSOTA said:

I'm lactose intolerant....the Bob Evan's ones are hard enough on me. I may try making some vegan ones (vegan butter and almond milk) to see how they turn out.

Bummer. Does almond milk give an almond taste? Or is it just neutral like milk?

2 minutes ago, MNSOTA said:

Homemade cranberry sauce is soooooo easy and so much better than the canned stuff. I like the cranberry sauce recipes that call for fresh ginger. 

Also, pumpkin pie is the EASIEST of all pies to make.

I’ll add orange peel and orange juice to mine...the cranberry sauce, not the pumpkin pie. 

Just now, IllaZilla said:

Bummer. Does almond milk give an almond taste? Or is it just neutral like milk?

I make my own almond and cashew milk......when you just use nuts and water (no sweeteners), it's pretty mild. Earth Balance makes a really good vegan butter, and you put enough butter, salt, and pepper in your potatoes, it negates any mild nut flavor.

I got this handy new device for making my own milk: https://almondcow.co/

1 minute ago, MNSOTA said:

I make my own almond and cashew milk......when you just use nuts and water (no sweeteners), it's pretty mild. Earth Balance makes a really good vegan butter, and you put enough butter, salt, and pepper in your potatoes, it negates any mild nut flavor.

I got this handy new device for making my own milk: https://almondcow.co/

Not sure how you are with spice, but wasabi mashed potatoes with soy sauce are the bomb. Especially when matched with a Teriyaki marinated chicken breast or tuna filet...

1 minute ago, IllaZilla said:

I only make fresh cranberry sauce. It is SO easy I’m not sure why people always go for that canned glop...

Fresh cranberry sauce is more healthy. 

Sorry, can not drink an almond milk. It gives for me an almond taste. Prefer more natural dairy stuff.