Wild vs. Rangers 11/25/19 @ 6:00PM CST at Madison Square Garden

CreaseAndAssist

Deja Vu Again For the Wild in 3-2 Overtime Loss to the Rangers

As soon as you saw Suter out there for 3 on-3 you knew it was going to lead to disaster.  Then Ek too?  Uh ok.  (sigh)  I sometimes wonder if Bruce is trying to get fired with moronic choices like that or does Suter just say he's going out there and he throws his arms up because he knows he's BFF's with Leipold.  Either way, that has to stop...putting #11 and #20 out there in OT is costing this team points because they don't have the speed and quickness to play 3-on-3.  

On the bright side, nice goal by Donato...almost like what we saw late last season from him.  Overall I though the effort was just ok tonight...Stalock probably kept us in it longer than we deserved to be there.  Then in OT we just threw it away as usual.  I have a full game impressions an Iowa WIld extended report and prospect news too... Enjoy!  

• Like 3

Our top Scorer is tied for 81st in the league.  That about sums up our issues on offense.  Moreover, we have have 5 players (coincidentally, many of our highest paid) that are double-digit minus in +/-.  That pretty much sums up why we are tied for third to last in the league....

• Like 1
  • Uggh... 1

7 hours ago, MNSOTA said:

You want a job? It's getting harder and harder to write these things.

Was that a compliment or sarcasm? I had a couple of things on my mind and one thing led to another... Won't do it on regular basis, I promise/sorry.

7 hours ago, Tomdog said:

That was a pretty good synopsis of this team. 
I am hoping BB decisions are subtle sabotage to give us a better draft pick. If not Bruce is part of the problem. 

Why thank you!

Sabotage? I doubt it. It would mean he's been sabotaging for a couple of years now and to what end. But yeah, some would say that was a good tank loss.

4 hours ago, EmptyShelf said:

Do you think that 20 knows that he just isn't good anymore in crunch time?  Or, is he still in a delusion that he is a 'Top' defense man?  Stats and results don't lie....He is a 💩

He doesn't care. He laughs while opening the online bank service every Sunday. He was quoted saying "I'm loving my life at the moment in every way" or something similar in an article.

4 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Deja Vu Again For the Wild in 3-2 Overtime Loss to the Rangers

As soon as you saw Suter out there for 3 on-3 you knew it was going to lead to disaster.  Then Ek too?  Uh ok.  (sigh)  I sometimes wonder if Bruce is trying to get fired with moronic choices like that or does Suter just say he's going out there and he throws his arms up because he knows he's BFF's with Leipold.  Either way, that has to stop...putting #11 and #20 out there in OT is costing this team points because they don't have the speed and quickness to play 3-on-3.  

On the bright side, nice goal by Donato...almost like what we saw late last season from him.  Overall I though the effort was just ok tonight...Stalock probably kept us in it longer than we deserved to be there.  Then in OT we just threw it away as usual.  I have a full game impressions an Iowa WIld extended report and prospect news too... Enjoy!  

I didn't watch the game so obviously you know better how Stalock played but he looked pretty shaky on that OT goal. He kind of was reading DeAngelo would try the glove side and was fooled by the shot on the blocker side. A goalie with a cool head would've just hold his ground and possibly save that shot.

5 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

I didn't watch the game so obviously you know better how Stalock played but he looked pretty shaky on that OT goal. He kind of was reading DeAngelo would try the glove side and was fooled by the shot on the blocker side. A goalie with a cool head would've just hold his ground and possibly save that shot.

Wouldn't hurt if his big money defenseman...well actually contested the shot.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Wouldn't hurt if his big money defenseman...well actually contested the shot.  

Of course not. Just saying I've seen tougher shots go in.

Stalock is a good goalie but I can't see him as a #1 or #2 choice for a team that wants to make a very deep run. Well, maybe as that #2 choice if the #1 plays all the games.