Wild vs. Senators 11/29/19 @ 3:00PM CST at the X

CreaseAndAssist

We are REALLY boring to watch. Bruins and Rangers was entertaining.  I am guessing that Guerin will give them until XMass to ‘evaluate’, and then will part out this old car and keep a few of the upgrades and try to discard the rest with low return deals meant to discard the trash. 

1 minute ago, wildstars95 said:

getting sick of our goalies going down into butterfly position look at the last 50 goals against doob's 

in particular and no way should  stalock be down like that

Too much man love?

Seriously, you are right. He overplayed the situation. The puck wasn't even heading in the net. A nice deflection but a semi soft goal to be allowed.

2 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

We are REALLY boring to watch. Bruins and Rangers was entertaining.  I am guessing that Guerin will give them until XMass to ‘evaluate’, and then will part out this old car and keep a few of the upgrades and try to discard the rest with low return deals meant to discard the trash. 

It was. Two teams with speed, talent and determination to score a goal. Wild seem to have neither in this game, the Sens' lack of talent is very transparent.

I'm thinking the leash is longer than that. Lately a couple of wins too many.

32 minutes ago, Hockey-78 said:

Too much man love?

Seriously, you are right. He overplayed the situation. The puck wasn't even heading in the net. A nice deflection but a semi soft goal to be allowed.

every goal from now to end of season that goes in like that i reply butterfly🤢

I just marvel how badly this roster has been managed.  We have such low talent, and so much $ tied up into immovable (aging) assets, that options are so hard to consider.  Even in IA, there is so much focus upon records and ‘butts in seats,’ that the potential for an upwardly trending future for both organizations is stagnant.  

Thus, I think the Goal/Mission and Execution Strategy that CL has established is clearly the following:

Goal #1:  Profits via butts in seats

Execution:  Utilize aging high priced CC vets to achieve by any means possible (sunk money theory).  Continue to force the notion that this is our best (and only) strategy 

Goal #2:   Profits via pushing jersey/junk sales with high-priced CC vets

Execution:  Push marketing message and jersey sales with commercials and announcers constantly highlighting these CC vets - in spite of performance. 

Goal #3:  See 1&2. 

Execution:  Shuffle any successful players (non-vets) to lines to ensure 1&2 are achieved 

Goal #4:  Draft or Trade for anyone that can deliver 1&2. 

Execution:  Leverage them for a temporary period to ensure 1&2

Goal #5:  Re-up the aging CC vets for purposes of not validating the past mistake with the aging CC vets

Execution:  Overspend to secure these CC vets, and provide any NMC/NTC to achieve 

Goal #6:  Grudgingly pay market rate for other player assets when forced to do so, or dump them

Execution:  Set expectations for these players that are above the aging CC core, and berate these players because they are not delivering 1&2. Never draw attention to sub-par performance of the CC vets, as this will expose the ignorance in the initial and subsequent strategy.  

This is NOT a sound business plan or strategy.  It is also NOT a plan with contingencies. It is utterly idiotic, but continues year-after-year.  

So my questions are:

1). When will CL figure this out (if not via plummeting attendance)?

2). Who will be the individual that successfully make him change his perspective and strategy?

3). How many more months do we have to wait to see signs of an epiphany?

4). How the he77 are they going to dump or de-emphasize the deadwood they were core to their strategy?

Thank God we are at least drawing even with dreadful Ottawa.  Boy, that’s an achievement.  I was hoping to be able to go toe-to-toe with division leaders by now in the 11 and 20 contracts.  CL has more ‘hopium’ to sell  us sheep that keep going to the game and denying what our eyes can clearly see. I should know, I was a STH until this year. Maybe we will see one of 9, 11, or 20 to start OT if the score remains tied🤔