Wild vs. Panthers 12/3/19 @ 6:00PM CST at BB&T Center

CreaseAndAssist

Wild vs. Panthers Game Preview

Minnesota Wild (12-11-4)  28pts  6th in the Central

2.89 Goals For Per Game (19th in the NHL)

3.19 Goals Against Per Game (21st in the NHL)

20.6% Power Play (10th in the NHL)

81% Penalty Kill (18th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #12 Eric Staal ~ 8G 11A = 19pts

2. #16 Jason Zucker ~ 9G 8A = 17pts

3. #11 Zach Parise ~ 12G 4A = 16pts

4. #20 Ryan Suter ~ 3G 13A = 16pts

5. #46 Jared Spurgeon ~ 3G 13A = 16pts

Top 3 PIM’s:

1. #38 Ryan Hartman ~ 35 PIM’s

2. #24 Matt Dumba ~ 25 PIM’s

3. #19 Luke Kunin ~ 21 PIM’s

Top Goaltenders:

1. #32 Alex Stalock (7-3-2)  2.67GAA  .912%SP  1SO

2. #31 Kaapo Kahkonen (1-0-0)  2.00GAA  .941%SP

Vs.

Florida Panthers (13-8-5)  31pts  2nd in the Atlantic

3.50 Goals For Per Game (5th in the NHL)

3.46 Goals Against Per Game (28th in the NHL)

22.5% Power Play (8th in the NHL)

84.6% Penalty Kill (6th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #11 Jonathan Huberdeau ~ 10G 21A = 31pts

2. #16 Aleksander Barkov ~ 8G 23A = 31pts

3. #63 Evgenii Dadonov ~ 10G 11A = 21pts

4. #3 Keith Yandle ~ 2G 19A = 21pts

5. #10 Brett Connolly ~ 12G 7A = 19pts

Top 3 PIM’s:

1. #52 Mackenzie Weegar ~ 15 PIM’s

2. #16 Aleksander Barkov ~ 14 PIM’s

3. #11 Jonathan Huberdeau ~ 14 PIM’s

Top Goaltenders:

1. #72 Sergei Bobrovsky (9-6-4)  3.48GAA  .884%SP  1SO

2. #60 Chris Driedger (1-0-0)  .00GAA  1.00%SP  1SO

MNSOTA wrote up the game preview, and I'll be on the post-gamer.  The Panthers are 2nd in the Atlantic, but there is a huge gap between them and 1st place Boston.  Still they are a formidable team offensively...defensively, not so much.  As the Wild offense has finally started to come around, they've been playing better defensively too.  So this should be another good test.  Enjoy and discuss...

• Like 1

Speaking of Boston in first place - I see yesterday they signed ol' Charlie to 6 years/31.5mm/5.25mm AAV...  Not bad - but his numbers must have improved once playing there...  

Let's hope the Wild show and play like they did on Sunday - the Panthers are a tricky team...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Confrontational said:

Speaking of Boston in first place - I see yesterday they signed ol' Charlie to 6 years/31.5mm/5.25mm AAV...  Not bad - but his numbers must have improved once playing there...  

Let's hope the Wild show and play like they did on Sunday - the Panthers are a tricky team...

Let's hope. Go WILD for the wild impressive unpredictable wins! Like they did last Sunday.

2 hours ago, Confrontational said:

I don't know. He's on pace for 15 goals and 30 assists right now. Not much better than he did with the Wild. Talking to another Bruin fan he's not too upset with the contract, but he did say that there are times where he doesn't even realize Coyle has been on the ice...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IllaZilla said:

Looks like Kahkonen is starting, Donato to the bench for Rask...

Sad that one of them should sit because of the Foligno insertion. I think Donato and Rask already have some signs of the developing interesting chemistry. Same dilemma who is going to be benched Wild will have soon with our another defenseman Pateryn. He was sent recently to the Iowa Wild just for conditioning assignment. Seeler is already benched for awhile, because the other our defensemen are playing not bad so far on the ice.

2 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

Looks like Kahkonen is starting, Donato to the bench for Rask...

The bad penalty against Dallas...the leash is going to be tight as long has he keeps making careless mistakes like that.  Plus he might be considering Rask's greater amount of experience against teams in this little road trip.  Soucy has more than made me forget about Nick Seeler.  If Soucy was playing like crap, then you'd give Seeler some games but right now...Soucy just keeps playing better and better (knock on wood).  

So last winter, at Aldi's they sold these packets of fondue cheese....I just stuck them into the freezer because we weren't ready to do fondue then. So tonight, I thawed one out to have with some chips along with sandwiches for dinner. Holy bucket, Aldi's got the cheese right, even using kirsch (or cherry brandy) as one of the ingredients. I'm impressed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TonyOday said:

Seeler should be in but as per usual the Wild cannot have a gritty team, must be an NHL mandate. Foligno needs to be in the lineup, hell he is one of the few that actually plays with heart.

Seeler takes too many stupid penalties. 

And as far as playing with heart, what about Hunt, Hartman, Eriksson-Ek, Kunin, etc?

9 minutes ago, MNSOTA said:

So last winter, at Aldi's they sold these packets of fondue cheese....I just stuck them into the freezer because we weren't ready to do fondue then. So tonight, I thawed one out to have with some chips along with sandwiches for dinner. Holy bucket, Aldi's got the cheese right, even using kirsch (or cherry brandy) as one of the ingredients. I'm impressed.

Mmmm...fondue....

I found a nice combination of blueberry covered goat cheese with these really thin Meyer lemon cookies from Trader Joe’s...perfect with a nice Pinot Noir...

Edited by IllaZilla