The attendance at WFC and an update from a STH focus group

Poulin20

@Poulin20

Thanks for the write up and sharing your experience.

That Comcast is treating it's sports teams as  interchangeable regions in its "business division" explains a lot.

"Well it worked for the Nationals so it will work in Phila" is corporate douchebaggery at it's finest.

There are ways to leverage synergies but  bringing people from a different sport in a very different market to enhance the experience is lazy thought leadership.:yes: yes I speak corporate douchebag.

I hope someone can figure it out, by and large I think if the team plays well, and fans feel like on most nights the boys can win then a lot of this will take care of itself or fall by the way side. 

The issue will be the ticket pricing, right now they are pricing me out of the live game experience and I'm a guy they want at the rink, I yell and cheer, flip off refs, and opposing players.

I would buy another team's fan a beer, if it wasn't $13 and they weren't rooting for the Islanders, Pens, Rangers, Devils, Bruins, Capitals... okay I'd buy a beer for Predators or Jets fan- maybe.

Comes down to $ and whether catering to wealthy folks makes more sense than making the experience accessible for middle income folks, I think there's more middle income folks...but then I'm not a corporate douche bag anymore. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Greetings:

Take a gander at this bar chart:

http://www.hockeydb.com/nhl-attendance/att_graph.php?tmi=7439

The management made a booboo by raising tickets significantly after a lousy season.  Now they offer $25 SRO for the youngsters who don't have a pot to pee in.  This drop off is for real.  Earnings are going nowhere for most Americans.  I agree with some commentators that with hockey, you either buy a good ticket or don't go--following a puck from nosebleed makes no sense.  Personally, I find the up-and-down during first period to be very disturbing at Panthers' games, and it is one of the reasons I don't go.  All in, $149 for NHL Center Ice is a true bargain from my vantage.  Let me enjoy my own food and wine, stop worrying about getting stepped on...$20+ parking, etc.  

Peace,

Howie 

That chart is definitely disturbing. I wonder if the increased costs for everything still allow them to come ahead financially in the end though (i.e. make more profit). It may be one of those things that makes sense on the business end in the aggregate but really sucks for individual consumers. 

Edited by elmatus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, elmatus said:

That chart is definitely disturbing. I wonder if the increased costs for everything still allow them to come ahead financially in the end though (i.e. make more profit). It may be one of those things that makes sense on the business end in the aggregate but really sucks for individual consumers. 

I have to wonder if they see TV revenue or Europe...can't figure it out.  Comcast has a lot invested in the O and B.  They can't be happy with that chart.

On 12/5/2019 at 4:42 PM, flyercanuck said:

@Poulin20

I'm also glad to hear someone else complain about the bs gimmickry that sports has gone to, to "entertain" the fan base.  I want to be entertained by the sport, not lights and sh!tty music.

It seems like this is happening in most places...I've been calling it "Manufactured Hype"......the excitement should be the game!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

@Poulin20

Thanks for taking the time to inform us.

Good read.

Thanks OR and everyone for your kind words.  I always enjoy getting a little peek behind the orange curtain to see what is going on (Especially since I pay top dollar to this organization for tickets) and share with those who are unable to have the same live experience.  This may or may not be my final report to everyone as I myself am seriously on the fence about renewing for next year.

My decision will come down to team play and whether or not the address the concerns we raised on that day.  As of now the team play is heading in the right direction but it will need to continue and be consistent.  The management is another story.

We had this meeting a month ago and I still have heard bupkis from Mike Shane.  When Shawn Tilger from the business side would address us he would give us his business card and ask us to email whenever we wanted anything.  He was dead serious and the times I reached out he came back with whatever I asked.  I was stunned at such amazing service.  The staff of the Nationals?  Not so much...

Edited by Poulin20
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Poulin20 said:

The management is another story.

We had this meeting a month ago and I still have heard bupkis from Mike Shane.  When Shawn Tilger from the business side would address us he would give us his business card and ask us to email whenever we wanted anything.  He was dead serious and the times I reached out he came back with whatever I asked.  I was stunned at such amazing service.  The staff of the Nationals?  Not so much...

What's so appalling is that responding to people, communicating is half the battle and it takes such little effort. If they were smart they would have reached out by now with an apology for being such dickheads and a vague promise to try to do better in the future.

All the research overwhelmingly shows that such a simple apology not only gets people back, but achieves customer loyalty levels that surpass previous levels (i.e., before you pissed people off).  This is like customer service 101. That they can't do this means, in effect, that they are calling you and all the fans a buncha c*nts

Edited by Podein25