Game 30: Flyers vs Senators 12/07/19 at 1 pm

OccamsRazor

That was a fun game. Except for the potential injury to TK. 

Laughton was a true leader tonight. Chirping, hitting, being a pest, starts the play on the Provy goal, and then buries one himself to take the lead back. 

And then tells off the entire Sens bench? Hell yeah. 

I hate that punk Tkachuk. Borowiecki is a punk too. 

Fun, emotional hockey! I'll take 10 games like that over just about any other game this season. 

This is probably a good learning game for the kids. Develop some passion. It was a playoff-lite kinda game. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

No sense in sitting him as you said it was on both

I'm fine with everything you said, but for the record I didn't say it was on both. From where I sit, it was entirely on Ghost and a lazy, stupid play. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I'm fine with everything you said, but for the record I didn't say it was on both. From where I sit, it was entirely on Ghost and a lazy, stupid play. 

I thought so too.

But I also thought Ghost had been playing better lately, and I don't want to mess with his confidence. He knows he screwed up. It didn't cost them the game. He's going to be forced to watch the video. This kid has a heartbeat and obviously loves the game. He's not JVR just out there just for a paycheque. 

Edited by flyercanuck

16 hours ago, Podein25 said:

That pass from Farabee is the reason the kids are playing: skill.

Didn't look like much, but everything about that, the slight delay, the timing of it to freeze the D-man, the pace of the pass to make sure he was not offside - all of it is elite. That's why the kids have to play, we had to get more skilled.

EDIT: oh, and also: Couturier is a BEAST

But you also get those rookie mistakes too which allowed the Sens to get their 3rd goal.   He has to put that deep but didn't.  Good with the bad with the kids.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I thought so too.

But I also thought Ghost had been playing better lately, and I don't want to mess with his confidence. He knows he screwed up. It didn't cost them the game. He's going to be forced to watch the video. This kid has a heartbeat and obviously loves the game. He's not JVR just out there just for a paycheque. 

I agree with that.

And really, OR's post made a lost of sense.  Just wanted to point out I didn't place any blame on Hart--who also made it back and almost saved it.

While Ghost continued skating slowly and without any immediacy--as if trying to remember why he came out into the kitchen.  

Again, I understand what you're saying, and OR said it well, too, but at the bench, one of the coach needs to ask him, "what the hell are you doing out there?   You screwed over your goalie."    I don't want him to be confident that that play was acceptable or on anybody but him.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I agree with that.

And really, OR's post made a lost of sense.  Just wanted to point out I didn't place any blame on Hart--who also made it back and almost saved it.

While Ghost continued skating slowly and without any immediacy--as if trying to remember why he came out into the kitchen.  

Again, I understand what you're saying, and OR said it well, too, but at the bench, one of the coach needs to ask him, "what the hell are you doing out there?   You screwed over your goalie."    I don't want him to be confident that that play was acceptable or on anybody but him.

i think this is what philly sports in general has been lacking for a long time is accountability, players want coaches to be their friends and play the way they want to, it shouldnt be that way, it should about playing the right way and winning, that's what av is, phillies are following suit, hopefully the sixers and eagles will eventually have that no nonsense culture and all four teams will be playing for championships.

5 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Ottawa’s Brady Tkachuk has been fined $2,486.56, the maximum allowable under the CBA, for Cross-checking Philadelphia’s Scott Laughton.

Nice to see him get called on the carpet for this one.  There was absolutely no reason for that craziness!!  

And does anyone lip read?  I'm trying to tell what Laughton said to the bench after he scored the goal!!!!

3 hours ago, Digityman said:

But you also get those rookie mistakes too which allowed the Sens to get their 3rd goal.   He has to put that deep but didn't.  Good with the bad with the kids.

Yup agree 100%. But I'm at the point where that's the trade off that has to be made. We had to get more skill into the lineup. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, intheslot said:

j v r .. had two helpers

Sure...and I guess, maybe, the goals don't happen without him touching the puck. But the first one was a pass to Pitlick that went off his shin I think and bounced out to Ghost whose shot deflected off a Sens stick and into the net.

The second was all Hayes and Laughton, where JVR basically touched the puck before they went in.

Shear wizardry.

Put it this way...he's got 3 more points than rookie Joel Farabee who's played 6 less games and has been struggling...which was to be expected from a kid. 

20 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Put it this way...he's got 3 more points than rookie Joel Farabee who's played 6 less games and has been struggling...which was to be expected from a kid. 

Plus Farabee only makes like $4M or something, not over $7M like JVR that tit.