Game 31: Flyers at Avalanche 12/11/19 at 9 pm

OccamsRazor

4 hours ago, mkscrewy said:

In all honesty how much is it going to cost to get rid of JVR?

All these teams are dipping into their LTIR money with injuries ain't no one got any cap space to even move that bum too without taking some turd back.

Hayes line got exploited last night but it wasn't just his line but with the paring of Ghost and Hagg with that line proved to be their death knell.

They have to find a way to secure the puck and get better quality of shots on net. There power play NOT struggling would help a lot.

Right now just to many kids learning during live fire....the Avs are the second best team in the west for a reason. They come at you in waves.

I think it's time to write Vorobyev off as completely useless he is nothing more than a AHL point producer. He is way to soft to play center in the NHL....waaaay to passive and scared of physical play get him out of here.

• Like 1

Rantanen is becoming another Patrick Elias-type thorn in side.  I only lasted two periods.  Their goalie was darn good. It took a period for our team to get their bearings.  Colorado has done a good job with their draft picks.

• Like 1

fell asleep after 1st...

Damn Carter hart. Guy is giving us EVERY opportunity to win games and (from the sounds of it) guys like JVR and Hayes are coming up completely empty...Hayes was a noticeable force on the ice at the beginning of the season. What the hell happened to him??

And I just don't get JVR?....

Flyers really do have some **** luck/bad player development?...having Ghost and Hagg be your weak points on D?!.....NOT what was predicted of them a few years back!! Having guys like JVR, Hayes, atc go absent for LONG stretches of time....We are GIFTED the 2nd overall pick a few years back.....hows THAT going for us?!....

UGH. Back to loosing! Don't worry, we'll go on a 14 game winning streak in January and look like a TOP team doing it...., then IMMEDIATELY loose 7-10 games in a row looking like we forgot how to play hockey!....

I'm still hoping this team (and coach) are different this year!...one loss to a VERY good team. Lets see how they do out west this weekend!

GO FLYERS!

On 12/11/2019 at 9:59 AM, Podein25 said:

Claude Giroux - 48 Morgan Frost - 18 Tyler Pitlick

Why not just move Giroux to R wing and put JVR on the left side, nows a perfect time to see if he can snap out of it. If JVR fails try Farabee on L wing . We need to score some goals 

2 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Why not just move Giroux to R wing and put JVR on the left side, nows a perfect time to see if he can snap out of it. If JVR fails try Farabee on L wing . We need to score some goals 

Sure, whatevs. Or ship him to Siberia for all I care.

"Second-year pro winger David Kase made his NHL debut. The Flyers forward recorded two shots on goal, four total attempts and two credited hits in 7:47 of ice time. Philly's fourth line, with Kase and Chris Stewart centered by Mikhail Vorobyev was better than the line of Frost centering James van Riemsdyk and Tyler Pitlick."

-Meltzer

Yikes....

I rest my Kase. (see what I did there?.....)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MaineFlyFan said:

Philly's fourth line, with Kase and Chris Stewart centered by Mikhail Vorobyev was better than the line of Frost centering James van Riemsdyk and Tyler Pitlick."

:growl:

Says quite a bit more about JVR than it does Kase. 

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, MaineFlyFan said:

"Second-year pro winger David Kase made his NHL debut. The Flyers forward recorded two shots on goal, four total attempts and two credited hits in 7:47 of ice time. Philly's fourth line, with Kase and Chris Stewart centered by Mikhail Vorobyev was better than the line of Frost centering James van Riemsdyk and Tyler Pitlick."

-Meltzer

Yikes....

I rest my Kase. (see what I did there?.....)

Not bad considering he didn't even have a chance to practice with the team since he just flew in.

His brother is pretty solid on the Ducks.

Maybe he becomes a mini-me version of him.

JVR is well hopeless at this point.

As great as Hextall was at finding young talent his downfall was find talent already in the NHL.

Strange to be so good at "projecting kids" but total garbage at finding men.

• Like 1