TK out indefinitely with a concussion

brelic

Per official Flyers channels. 

Also, Myers left practice with back spasms again. He's out for Wednesday, and the plan is not to call anyone up for the 3-game road trip, at least for now. 

Stewart and Hagg will be in. 

They will have no extra healthy players on the trip. 

Thats why we need  a couple of skilled big players who can be a deterrent to guys going after our skill players.  Who on our team could stand up to that neanderthal that took out Knonecny,  nobody. Ottawa was running us all night.You want a balanced team that can match up against any teams style. You dont want to go into the playoffs worrying about how you match up and drawing a bad matchup in the first round and getting knocked out. Balance is the key. In the playoffs its a tough , physical and grueling process with way more hitting and less penalties called. We have some very good small skilled guys but we need to replace a soft marshmallow like JVR with a physical skilled winger.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Poulin20 said:

No hearing for the bum who hit him up high?

No hearing, no penalty, no comment, no nothing.

It was late and head was initial point of contact.  I've given up trying to understand the rules on this.

• Like 2
  • Uggh... 1
  • Annoyed 2

It's not clear to me that the hit is illegal or even bad. The worst part of the entire play is the suicide pass by Braun. A veteran like that has to be the one that shows the better judgement there and not try that. Or the pass has to be very hard, which is a way of telling TK that there is a big bastard closing on him fast. 

Edited by Podein25
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

No hearing, no penalty, no comment, no nothing.

It was late and head was initial point of contact.  I've given up trying to understand the rules on this.

I don't think the league, itself, has a good idea.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

I don't think the league, itself, has a good idea.

Agreed. I'm still not certain it was an illegal hit - I guess it was a bit late - but that's a different question from whether or not the league has a hot clue about any of it.

• Like 1

The hit was fine. Thats hockey. What isn't fine is the coach dressing a marshmallow line up against a team like Ottawa with Hagg and Stewart in the press box. The Flyers are lucky there wasnt 2 other concussions Saturday, Farabee and Jake were fortunate not to be pummeled.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Podein25 said:

It's not clear to me that the hit is illegal or even bad. The worst part of the entire play is the suicide pass by Braun. A veteran like that has to be the one that shows the better judgement there and not try that. Or the pass has to be very hard, which is a way of telling TK that there is a big bastard closing on him fast. 

THIS^^^

You gotta give your teammate time to react to a hit coming...TK didn't have a chance.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CoachX said:

But...but...but... finese and skill hockey is the way of the NHL these days.  The old ways of physical hockey are long gone. You dont need players like that 

Believe it or not you can have both speed and physicality...you just have to find it.

It isn't easy with the pussification of today's utes...

3 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

THIS^^^

You gotta give your teammate time to react to a hit coming...TK didn't have a chance.

Yeah ask RJ Umberger about that after the Brian Campbell hit (courtesy of a Gauthier suicide pass).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Believe it or not you can have both speed and physicality...you just have to find it.

It isn't easy with the pussification of today's utes...

I totally believe it. Im. Im not sure the Flyers do

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Podein25 said:

Agreed. I'm still not certain it was an illegal hit - I guess it was a bit late - but that's a different question from whether or not the league has a hot clue about any of it.

I don't think it was even late, at least I didn't think that at the time.  I thought it was a solid, open ice body check.  The concussion was caused by their heads coming together.

1 hour ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

I don't think it was even late, at least I didn't think that at the time.  I thought it was a solid, open ice body check.  The concussion was caused by their heads coming together.

Yeah. I mean, it looks late on slo-mo. But is it? And as much as their heads may come together, it's also the case that he stops TK in his tracks with his body.

I always remind people, painful as it may be to be reminded, that Lindros's first big concussion, the one that was the beginning of the end, was a perfectly clean open ice body check by Kasparaitis where there was no head contact whatsoever. 

On 12/9/2019 at 1:25 PM, Podein25 said:

Still need to see the slow mo replay