Stars fire Jim montgomery for conduct

yave1964

Jim Nill GM of the Stars has fired coach  Jim Montgomery, not publicly releasing the reason, simply stating that it was for inappropriate conduct.

What the Hell. Where are we at nowadays.

Look, like everyone else I dont have a clue what this is the only thing confirmed is it wasn't for an assault or anything along those lines. 

Anyway Rick Bowness hired on an interm basis until Cooper gets fired in Tampa and the Stars scoop him up, lol.

4 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Jim Nill GM of the Stars has fired coach  Jim Montgomery, not publicly releasing the reason, simply stating that it was for inappropriate conduct.

Look, like everyone else I dont have a clue what this is the only thing confirmed is it wasn't for an assault or anything along those lines. 

Anyway Rick Bowness hired on an interm basis until Cooper gets fired in Tampa and the Stars scoop him up, lol.

There has to be something far bigger behind the scenes that we do not know about.  We may never know?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

What the hell?   I actually think the Stars should be performing better than they are, so there's that.  But performance wasn't the reason, so what the hell?

18 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

What the hell?   I actually think the Stars should be performing better than they are, so there's that.  But performance wasn't the reason, so what the hell?

Actually the Stars are the hottest team in the West since their awful start. They begun 1-7-1 since then they have went 16-4-2. The offense still hasn't been there but the defense and netminding are fantastic.

I am getting sick of the politically correct police in every aspect of life. Again, we do not know yet what it is, on a Stars forum I read rumors which I wont put in here and spread but they dont sound egregious.

I played racquetball with a friend of my wife today, I am a casual player, she is the most competitive person I have ever met, she simply destroys me every time we play and laughs and taunts me the whole time. Today when we were done, I sat at a table and called my wife, her friend quipped, " I just made your husband my be-othch." My wife laughed, so did I. Should we fire her as afirend for her inappropriate language? Should she fire me as a friendfor my lousy racquetball skills? God can she fire the ball, fast and accurate. I had more balls hit me in the face than Madonna used to in an eighties after party. Can I be fired in here for saying that?

Anyway, screw the thought police.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

If this firing was based on some "abusive behavior", what's the over/under in amount of weeks before something about John Tortorella comes up....

***Psssst…. while the coach of the Canucks, he DID orchestrate an assasination attempt against the then Calgary coach Bob Hartley....while with the Rangers, said Joe Thornton "hasn't won a g%$#amned thing", and while with the Lightning not only told the Flyers' Ken Hitchcock to "shut his yap", but also told him to "shove his ego in his pocket", AND told Larry Brooks to "get the ^&%$# out of here then" during an interview*****
:shifty:

• Like 1

Maybe doing something he shouldn'tve been doing on a work computer?  Toss in the lack of success, maybe they do this to absolve themselves of paying him anymore?  

Either way, another big miss for Jim Nill...one of a growing list of misses...have to wonder if he's on the hot seat too.  

Edited by CreaseAndAssist
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Maybe doing something he shouldn'tve been doing on a work computer?  Toss in the lack of success, maybe they do this to absolve themselves of paying him anymore?  

Has to be something along these lines.

I gather from the presser that it involved no other staff member, was an internal investigation and not criminal, it was a material breach (emphasized because he repeated that several times and it's a curious choice of words--probably at the instruction of general counsel), and that he got the call on Sunday.  

Something probably before, during, or after the game Saturday.   

From reading the Dallas Stars board elsewhere, he appeared inebriated at the presser on Saturday night.   I don't know.  Is there a policy about drinking during the game?  Or going to the game "under the weather?"   

Or, something happened with a non-employee?   Inquiring minds, but they apparently didn't even tell the players what it was, so....well, weird.

4 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I gather from the presser that it involved no other staff member, was an internal investigation and not criminal, it was a material breach

Yeah for sure. Legal language meaning they don't have to pay him a cent either. We'll see if he files a statement of claim, then we will know what he did or is alleged to have done. It involves money or something icky.

1 minute ago, Podein25 said:

Yeah for sure. Legal language meaning they don't have to pay him a cent either. We'll see if he files a statement of claim, then we will know what he did or is alleged to have done. It involves money or something icky.

If it were substance-related, they'd have moved toward a program, right?  It wouldn't immediately go to this.   Although, wasn't he out "ill" recently?  I suspect, though, that substance wasn't it, and especially not illegal because that seemed to be ruled out.

Has he been to Moscow or Ukraine?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

If it were substance-related, they'd have moved toward a program, right?  It wouldn't immediately go to this.   Although, wasn't he out "ill" recently?  I suspect, though, that substance wasn't it, and especially not illegal because that seemed to be ruled out.

Has he been to Moscow or Ukraine?

Lol. Was he "ill" recently?

I don't think it was a substance problem. He directly violated either a morality clause or a financial clause in his contract. 

1 hour ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Wonder if he was gambling on a Stars owned computer and an IT guy called Nill...

Edited by IllaZilla
  • Like 1

@ruxpin

you brought up the presser after Saturday nights game, that is one of the things going around a stars fan board, that he has a history of alcohol issues so that could be it. The other one, gaining traction is the possibility of inappropriate behavior with either a female in the organization or the wife of someone in the organization. 

"Materialistic act of unprofessionalism." That is what Nill called it. 

10 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

@ruxpin

you brought up the presser after Saturday nights game, that is one of the things going around a stars fan board, that he has a history of alcohol issues so that could be it. The other one, gaining traction is the possibility of inappropriate behavior with either a female in the organization or the wife of someone in the organization. 

"Materialistic act of unprofessionalism." That is what Nill called it. 

Yeah, the material act part was repeated multiple times.  It stood out.  I don't think in the organization, but yeah, possibly a wife.

This is what happens when they don't say.   The guy bought 6 pounds of coke from a Russian oligarch, went on a Thelma & Louise trip with Elaine Chao, bet on a handful of NHL games, burned videos of his time with Jeffrey Epstein and killed dogs that lost in the dog ring in Georgia.

• Haha 1

"Out of respect for those involved."

Gotta figure it was someone's wife (I'm guessing Rod Brind'Amour's wife) and out of respect to the party involved, her husband, and Monty's wife....

Again...if you don't say, imagination runs amok.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

@yave1964

The jokes write themselves, but I may run for office in 20 years and don't want to get washed out because of it.

Don't worry rux...there's plenty of other things that would wash out your career in politics you smarmy bastard!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

Don't worry rux...there's plenty of other things that would wash out your career in politics you smarmy bastard!

Dammit.  I know I could have been a really good high school library late fee collector, too.

If only I didn't have the restraining order keeping me 1000 ft. from the school.

• Haha 1