Stars fire Jim montgomery for conduct

yave1964

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Dammit.  I know I could have been a really good high school library late fee collector, too.

If only I didn't have the restraining order keeping me 1000 ft. from the school.

You could get the kids to pay their fees by coming out to the "Free Candy" van around the corner.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Yeah, the material act part was repeated multiple times.  It stood out.  I don't think in the organization, but yeah, possibly a wife.

This is what happens when they don't say.   The guy bought 6 pounds of coke from a Russian oligarch, went on a Thelma & Louise trip with Elaine Chao, bet on a handful of NHL games, burned videos of his time with Jeffrey Epstein and killed dogs that lost in the dog ring in Georgia.

So his posse must be Vick, Rose, Lehtera, and Hillary. That is a hell of group to associated with! LOL

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

You could get the kids to pay their fees by coming out to the "Free Candy" van around the corner.

Not so much.  Different balance sheet. Capone got caught on tax issues, so gotta be careful.

Edited by ruxpin
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ruxpin said:

What the hell?   I actually think the Stars should be performing better than they are, so there's that.  But performance wasn't the reason, so what the hell?

Hi Rux,   Good to see you.  I was wondering where you were?  Anyway, its a big secret and Hockey Guy says we likely will not find out.  I am guessing it has to do with sex or race?  Usually does

1 minute ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Hi Rux,   Good to see you.  I was wondering where you were?  Anyway, its a big secret and Hockey Guy says we likely will not find out.  I am guessing it has to do with sex or race?  Usually does

So, it's a woman of color named Mickey.  Someone get on the Google machine.  That may be enough information to figure this out!

Good to see you too.  I'm on a lot, but I don't go into the chatbox much since it was "updated."  

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

So, it's a woman of color named Mickey.  Someone get on the Google machine.  That may be enough information to figure this out!

Good to see you too.  I'm on a lot, but I don't go into the chatbox much since it was "updated."  

I have no good into on the offense.  But it has nothing to do with their performance obviously.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Has to be something along these lines.

I gather from the presser that it involved no other staff member, was an internal investigation and not criminal, it was a material breach (emphasized because he repeated that several times and it's a curious choice of words--probably at the instruction of general counsel), and that he got the call on Sunday.  

Something probably before, during, or after the game Saturday.   

From reading the Dallas Stars board elsewhere, he appeared inebriated at the presser on Saturday night.   I don't know.  Is there a policy about drinking during the game?  Or going to the game "under the weather?"   

Or, something happened with a non-employee?   Inquiring minds, but they apparently didn't even tell the players what it was, so....well, weird.

Being drunk on the job is normally grounds for being terminated at most workplaces I'm familiar with.  Either way, Montgomery threw away a pretty nice gig at Denver to chase the NHL and now its over.  Can't see anyone hiring him anytime soon, especially as head coach.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Can't see anyone hiring him anytime soon, especially as head coach.  

Oh I wouldn't count him out yet. The Dallas Stars relocated there from Minneapolis. In Chuck Fletchers 6 degrees from Minnesota franchise building strategy, that makes him a prime candidate for employment. Though it may be as a player.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Oh I wouldn't count him out yet. The Dallas Stars relocated there from Minneapolis. In Chuck Fletchers 6 degrees from Minnesota franchise building strategy, that makes him a prime candidate for employment. Though it may be as a player.

Jim Montgomery doesn't really have any connection to the Wild or Chuck Fletcher as far as I know.  But Fletcher has done plenty to make the Flyers...the Wild East.  

Brett Flahr

Chris Stewart

Mike Yeo

Scout Ken Hoodikoff

Player Development Nick Schultz

LV - Cal O'Reilly

LV - Kurtis Gabriel

I don't think Wild fans hate Fletcher the way we do Paul Fenton.  Fletcher swung and missed and probably shouldn'tve been swinging at what he was promped to swing at anyways.  Fenton was just flat out incompetent.  

Back to Montgomery, I don't think the players liked him very much in Dallas.  A college coach has a lot of leverage over the athletes, NHL coaches have almost none.  Maybe he couldn't handle that, which drove him to either get frustrated or drink or both...

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

2 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Jim Montgomery doesn't really have any connection to the Wild or Chuck Fletcher as far as I know. 

His connection, as I mentioned, was with Dallas...that used to be the North Stars.

But Fletcher has done plenty to make the Flyers...the Wild East.  

Brett Flahr

Chris Stewart

Mike Yeo

Scout Ken Hoodikoff

Player Development Nick Schultz

LV - Cal O'Reilly

LV - Kurtis Gabriel

If I was going to try emulate a franchise, it would be a really good one. Not one wallowing in the mediocrity that I left it in and was fired for it..

I don't think Wild fans hate Fletcher the way we do Paul Fenton.  Fletcher swung and missed and probably shouldn'tve been swinging at what he was promped to swing at anyways.  Fenton was just flat out incompetent.  

While I agree Fenton is worse, that really doesn't make Fletcher any good. It just makes him less incompetent.

Back to Montgomery, I don't think the players liked him very much in Dallas.  A college coach has a lot of leverage over the athletes, NHL coaches have almost none.  Maybe he couldn't handle that, which drove him to either get frustrated or drink or both...

I really don't know what the heck went on there. But the way they left the door wide open, it's fun to speculate!

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

His connection, as I mentioned, was with Dallas...that used to be the North Stars.

If I was going to try emulate a franchise, it would be a really good one. Not one wallowing in the mediocrity that I left it in and was fired for it..

While I agree Fenton is worse, that really doesn't make Fletcher any good. It just makes him less incompetent.

I really don't know what the heck went on there. But the way they left the door wide open, it's fun to speculate!

I am more than aware of the North Stars.  But Montgomery had no connection to that franchise beyond coaching in Dallas and if you ask people there...they barely remember they were ever in Minnesota.  

I am not saying Fletcher is the best GM ever.  But he never was one to just sit by and do nothing which is why he was hired over his predecessor Doug Risebrough who loved to do nothing.  

We know we are perpetually mediocre.  Its what you get with a franchise that is afraid to be really bad, because of what happened with the North Stars.  So they've kind of tried to stay competitive and make the playoffs...but that meant getting mediocre picks and a few failed drafts and you have what you see now.  

The Stars were in good position to be good for a long time, kind of like Colorado but it hasn't worked out that way.  They've flirted at success but now they seem to be a bit lost IMO.  

• Like 1

I get how bad the whole Akim Aliu situation was...but this thing sure seems like it is getting out of hand. Just waiting for the first "I was benched because of my religious belief that snails are divine creatures that leave a trail of godly goo wherever they go!" Every single word or look a coach gives will now be poured over to assure it did not offend or belittle...wtf.

45 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

I am more than aware of the North Stars.  But Montgomery had no connection to that franchise beyond coaching in Dallas and if you ask people there...they barely remember they were ever in Minnesota.  

I am not saying Fletcher is the best GM ever.  But he never was one to just sit by and do nothing which is why he was hired over his predecessor Doug Risebrough who loved to do nothing.  

We know we are perpetually mediocre.  Its what you get with a franchise that is afraid to be really bad, because of what happened with the North Stars.  So they've kind of tried to stay competitive and make the playoffs...but that meant getting mediocre picks and a few failed drafts and you have what you see now.  

The Stars were in good position to be good for a long time, kind of like Colorado but it hasn't worked out that way.  They've flirted at success but now they seem to be a bit lost IMO.  

They need to rip it the **** down. Start a ECHL goalie until a star #1 franchise center is within their draft sights. Reminds me of the 90's Leafs...just bad enough to barely miss the playoffs but never get to draft the elite players because they are just respectable enough to be middle of the pack draft position wise. This sick cycle can continue for decades until someone has the jam to really...really tank and outright suck. 

The whole situation is just odd. What exactly *are* the "core values and beliefs of Dallas organization"?  Why be so obscure and secretive about it?  Was it abuse?  Was it a racial comment?  Was it reporting intoxicated or on drugs to the practice or game?  Just say what the hell it is.  

On 12/10/2019 at 2:55 PM, yave1964 said:

Jim Nill GM of the Stars has fired coach  Jim Montgomery, not publicly releasing the reason, simply stating that it was for inappropriate conduct.

What the Hell. Where are we at nowadays.

It's the new:  "Our organization is moving in a different direction."

9 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

It was a joke. You know....6 degrees of Kevin Bacon? Mixed in with Fletchers fetish with anything Minnesota.

That's what scared some of us. Hextall packed the prospect cupboard and team with lot's of talent at G, D and F. It was hoped all we needed was time for them to develop...we thought Fletcher would come and and start dealing it all away to "win now"...since that's been the mantra of most GMs in Philly.

My team hasn't been any better recently. Things are looking up. Fletchers drafts left something to be desired. You can get good talent outside of top 3 picks...he didn't do well at that. It didn't help that he traded a lot of picks away.

His cap management sucked. His Hayes signing shows he still has it.

• Like 1