Wild scout Guy Lapointe diagnosed with oral cancer

IllaZilla

8 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

All the best for him and his family.

Speaking of - His daughter, Stephanie is a friend of mine - I've reached out but have not heard back yet - I am sure they are processing just yet...But it sounds like from the Gazette story that it is at the base of his tongue and has a good cure rate. (Maybe the same info as in @IllaZilla link from the Mill City Fishwrap (But I can read that one - I'm all out of freebies) ;)

On another side note - Pointu is a hockey hero of mine as a member of the Flying Frenchmen's "Big Three" With Savard and Robinson...I have all three of their signatures on an old Northstars program - as a Grubby little urchin I waited outside at the Met (My real aim was to get Henri Richard and Ken Dryden's autographs...which I also got) :)

Blessing to Pointu as he begins the battle

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Antti_Laxative said:

Speaking of - His daughter, Stephanie is a friend of mine - I've reached out but have not heard back yet - I am sure they are processing just yet...But it sounds like from the Gazette story that it is at the base of his tongue and has a good cure rate. (Maybe the same info as in @IllaZilla link from the Mill City Fishwrap (But I can read that one - I'm all out of freebies) ;)

On another side note - Pointu is a hockey hero of mine as a member of the Flying Frenchmen's "Big Three" With Savard and Robinson...I have all three of their signatures on an old Northstars program - as a Grubby little urchin I waited outside at the Met (My real aim was to get Henri Richard and Ken Dryden's autographs...which I also got) :)

Blessing to Pointu as he begins the battle

Yes, several articles I've read stated it was at the base of the tongue and there is a very high cure rate. So at least that part is good news...

Just now, IllaZilla said:

Yes, several articles I've read stated it was at the base of the tongue and there is a very high cure rate. So at least that part is good news...

But like I told Stephanie - I am loathe for people who say things like "It's a good cancer to have" GRRR! - NO Cancer is good to have.

People tell me that all the time when they find out I have prostate cancer (Oh, at least if you have cancer - that's a good one to have") HUH??? ... it makes me want to slap them (but I realize people don't know what to say)

Anyway I heard back - she appreciates the prayers.

• Like 1

Just now, Antti_Laxative said:

But like I told Stephanie - I am loathe for people who say things like "It's a good cancer to have" GRRR! - NO Cancer is good to have.

People tell me that all the time when they find out I have prostate cancer (Oh, at least if you have cancer - that's a good one to have") HUH??? ... it makes me want to slap them (but I realize people don't know what to say)

Anyway I heard back - she appreciates the prayers.

Didn't mean to imply having cancer is good. Just that the type that he has has a high cure rate...