Taylor Hall Watch Edited To : Yotes Aquire Taylor Hall

10 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Yeah fair enuff. So, it would have been Bouchard, plus, plus, plus. Are you big on Bouchard?

Bouchard is gonna be a beast on that Oilers pp! He has already shown signs of being a big time hitter in his limited exposure last year. By far the best skater and puck disperse pp qb on their roster.

• Like 1

Kessel and now Hall. Two big time names with serious offensive ability a real statement in the desert that the Coyotes are making an effort. Tremendous offensive skill.

Of course if they end up on the same line, regardless of who is in the middle it automatically becomes the softest line in the game. Neither will check a guy if their life depends upon it.

Still, Arizona got a recent Hart winner for futures, id o that deal all day long if I am them. 

3 hours ago, yave1964 said:

Kessel and now Hall. Two big time names with serious offensive ability a real statement in the desert that the Coyotes are making an effort. Tremendous offensive skill.

Of course if they end up on the same line, regardless of who is in the middle it automatically becomes the softest line in the game. Neither will check a guy if their life depends upon it.

Still, Arizona got a recent Hart winner for futures, id o that deal all day long if I am them. 

Different circumstances...but kinda reminds me of how the Detroit Tigers were horrible and no stars would come until the Pudge Rodiguez domino fell. He signed and other stars followed and it was the biggest factor into turning the Tigers into perennial contenders. 

Edited by jammer2
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

Bump....

Hall not re-signing with Coyotes, will be unrestricted free agent Oct. 9

Arizona GM calls it 'mutual parting' with forward

NHL.com @NHLdotcom
 October 7, 2020
  •  

Taylor Hall will not re-sign with the Arizona Coyotes and will become an unrestricted free agent on Friday, Oct. 9. 

The forward scored 52 points (16 goals, 36 assists) in 65 games with the Coyotes and New Jersey Devils this season, 27 points (10 goals, 17 assists) in 35 games after he was traded to Arizona on Dec. 16, 2019. He scored six points (two goals, four assists) in nine postseason games. 

"I had a conversation with his agent and I just basically said to him that we wish Taylor the best," Coyotes general manager Bill Armstrong said Wednesday.

"I think it's a mutual parting between two parties. At this point in time [it] wouldn't be a good fit for the Coyotes in the direction that we're moving.

And I think his agent was always aware of that. So I don't think there was any special message, other than that we like him, we think he's a good person. We thanked him for his time here, through his agent, and then we've kind of moved on."

Hall won the Hart Trophy voted as NHL MVP in 2017-18, when he scored NHL career highs in goals (39), assists (54) and points (93) for the Devils.

The left wing, who will turn 29 on Nov. 14, reached double-digit power-play points in nine of his 10 NHL seasons. He has scored 563 points (218 goals, 345 assists) in 627 regular-season games with the Coyotes, Devils and Edmonton Oilers, who selected him with the No. 1 pick in the 2010 NHL Draft. 

The Coyotes, who qualified for the Stanley Cup Playoffs for the first time since 2012, defeated the Nashville Predators in four games in a best-of-5 series in the Stanley Cup Qualifiers and lost to the Colorado Avalanche in five games in a best-of-7 series in the Western Conference First Round. 

Hall will be an unrestricted free agent for the first time in his NHL career. The NHL salary cap will remain $81.5 million for next season, which is targeted to begin Jan. 1, 2021.

"I think, honestly, it's probably all winning," he said Aug. 21. "Any player at this stage in their career that has had the career that I've had, 10 seasons, only make the playoffs twice, that's really what I'm after. So we'll see what happens there.  

"I think the Coyotes have a bright future. They have some great guys, some good young players. When I get around to crossing that bridge and I kind of come to what I want to do, we'll see. But yeah, I'd say it's pretty much all winning.

I don't think the money's going to be what it was maybe before COVID or before the season, but that's fine. I think we get paid a lot of money to play a game, and we'll see what happens."

20 minutes ago, Brewin Flames said:

Also....just heard that Hall and the Avs have agreed in principle to a short term deal that will be announced tomorrow morning.

Would make sense. Avs are looking for depth and have the cap space to do so. If it's true, that would make them a scary contender.

39 minutes ago, Brewin Flames said:

Also....just heard that Hall and the Avs have agreed in principle to a short term deal that will be announced tomorrow morning.

So where would he play??

Burakovsky is on the top line and Landeskog is on the 2nd line. Jost on the 3rd line. 

So they moving someone out in a trade???