Eichel point streak

Buffalo Rick

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

I am totally ok with him doing this as long as the Flyers win the game. Then you can have the streak. Hart has been on fire at home.

I think the Flyers and Sabres are pretty close right now.  I would give your team a certain edge in the nets.  But you do not have anyone as good as Eichel.  That said, I do not see either of our teams beating the likes of Washington right now

2 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I think the Flyers and Sabres are pretty close right now.  I would give your team a certain edge in the nets.  But you do not have anyone as good as Eichel.  That said, I do not see either of our teams beating the likes of Washington right now

Eichels having a good year. But Hart is every bit as good as him...if not better. Goalies can steal games. We've been looking for one like this for decades....meanwhile we've had plenty of #1 centres. 

But ya, neither one of our teams is close to contending.

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Eichels having a good year. But Hart is every bit as good as him...if not better. Goalies can steal games. We've been looking for one like this for decades....meanwhile we've had plenty of #1 centres. 

But ya, neither one of our teams is close to contending.

You cannot be serious.  First, you cannot compare a goalie to a forward.  And its certainly been far more of a bigger deal what Eichel has done as a skater.  

Ok, I'll go there. I agree with HJ: Carter Hart isn't in the range of Jack Eichel. Carter Hart is a terrific prospect, but Eichel has been productive since he got to the NHL and is currently sitting 5th in scoring. If I could pick between them, Eichel would be my easy choice.

That's not to crap on Hart. He's a really good young goalie and is having a nice year. I just think that Eichel is that good.

Edited by JR Ewing
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

Ok, I'll go there. I agree with HJ: Carter Hart isn't in the range of Jack Eichel. Carter Hart is a terrific prospect, but Eichel has been productive since he got to the NHL and is currently sitting 5th in scoring. If I could pick between them, Eichel would be my easy choice.

That's not to crap on Hart. He's a really good young goalie and is having a nice year. I just think that Eichel is that good.

Wow.  Someone agrees with me for once!  Thanks JR.  I know its not right to compare apples to oranges, and in a way that is what he did.  But I am not saying this just as a Sabres fan.  I know it comes across that way.  But what Eichel has done in a short time is eye opening, and he tied Gilbert Perrault.  The kid is  a monster and without him we would be dead

Honestly at this point it is to hard to compare the two.

Hart is in his 2nd season and Eichel is in 5th.

He has one 80 points season otherwise to me he seems like a 60 point center. who is terrible at faceoffs.

And is still a career -51 who is terrible at faceoffs.

He doesn't play on the PK either right (2 career pk points)?? 

Not impressed.

Flyers have had luck with centers not so much with game changing goalies.

When all is said and done Hart i believe will have accomplished way more than Eichel.

I'll take Hart all day every day and twice on sunday.

Edited by OccamsRazor

31 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Honestly at this point it is to hard to compare the two.

Hart is in his 2nd season and Eichel is in 5th.

He has one 80 points season otherwise to me he seems like a 60 point center. who is terrible at faceoffs.

And is still a career -51 who is terrible at faceoffs.

He doesn't play on the PK either right (2 career pk points)?? 

Not impressed.

Flyers have had luck with centers not so much with game changing goalies.

When all is said and done Hart i believe will have accomplished way more than Eichel.

I'll take Hart all day every day and twice on sunday.

Just the other week, I remember people around here saying there was almost nobody they would trade for Morgan Frost either. Switch Hart and Eichel's teams and you wouldn't have come close to writing this post. Jack Eichel would have, in any other year, been a concensus #1 overall pick, and is living up to his promise.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

I remember people around here saying there was almost nobody they would trade for Morgan Frost either.

Really??

Flyer fans saying that??

Wow.

I do not remember that.

I would have to see some proof on that (and if so WHO said that), not wanting to trade i can see.

But to say there is noone they would trade him for i can't see.

25 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

Jack Eichel would have, in any other year, been a consensus #1 overall pick, and is living up to his promise.

Not saying he wasn't any good JVR was the consensus #2 one time too. Flyers have had pretty decent luck landing 60 point centers.

They haven't had any luck landing a franchise goalie....and i will stand firm by my claim i would take Hart.

Sabres i'm sure enjoy Eichel. Flyers are happy with Hart. We check back in on this in 5 years and see where these two are at.

Edited by OccamsRazor

22 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Really??

Flyer fans saying that??

Wow.

I do not remember that.

I would have to see some proof on that (and if so WHO said that), not wanting to trade i can see.

But to say there is noone they would trade him for i can't see.

It was in chat, but I don't recall who said it.

Not saying he wasn't any good JVR was the consensus #2 one time too. Flyers have had pretty decent luck landing 60 point centers.

You seem determined to ignore trajectory in order to label Eichel a 60-point player.

2016 - 56 pts in 81 gp (56.6 pts/82)

2017 - 57 pts in 61 gp (76.6 pts/82)

2018 - 64 pts in 61 gp (86.0 pts/82)

2019 - 82 pts in 77 gp (87.3 pts/82)

2020 - 50 pts in 35 gp (117.1 pts/82)

He's going to pass 60 points in about 42 games this year.

They haven't had any luck landing a franchise goalie....and i will stand firm by my claim i would take Hart.

Sabres i'm sure enjoy Eichel. Flyers are happy with Hart. We check back in on this in 5 years and see where these two are at.

I wouldn't be in a rush to trade Carter Hart either.

7 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

I wouldn't be in a rush to trade Carter Hart either.

Yes.

As i said Flyers have had productive centers. Not productive goalies.

And i don't think the Sabres win much of anything till they find a goalie....117 points or not from Eichel.

9 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Wow.  Someone agrees with me for once!  Thanks JR.  I know its not right to compare apples to oranges, and in a way that is what he did.  

Sure....after you said Philly doesn't have anyone as good as Eichel. I think Hart is becoming a good one. He's just not a centre. For centres we have Couturier. he'll never put up Eichels numbers...and Eichel couldn't hold his jockstrap when it comes to defence. Which is every bit as big a part of the game.

But I am not saying this just as a Sabres fan.

Nooo....you'd never do that. :eyeroll:

I know it comes across that way.  But what Eichel has done in a short time is eye opening, and he tied Gilbert Perrault.  The kid is  a monster and without him we would be dead

So, in other words it's the same as Carter Hart here. Other than being tied with Perreault....cause Hart has more shutouts. :rockin:

We've had several elite centres in Philly. What we've been lacking is a true #1 goalie. He certainly looks like the coming of one, just like Eichel looked like he could be an elite centre. Five years later it seems like he's arrived. (McDavid arrived on Day 1.) Hart hasn't played a full season yet. And that's got the Sabres....2 points BACK of the Flyers. Your team is 2nd in it's pathetic division. You'd be 6th in the Metro, You know what you need? A goalie. Go figure.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

Just the other week, I remember people around here saying there was almost nobody they would trade for Morgan Frost either.

Ok...what?

Switch Hart and Eichel's teams and you wouldn't have come close to writing this post.

Neither would Rick. He'd be writing it about Carter Hart. And Hart would already have a restraining order against him. 

Jack Eichel would have, in any other year, been a concensus #1 overall pick, and is living up to his promise.

He's a very good player. Puts up elite points. needs work on other facets of his game.

11 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

Yes. Eichel > Hart.

And really, it isn't even close.

12 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Wow.  Someone agrees with me for once!  Thanks JR.  I know its not right to compare apples to oranges, and in a way that is what he did.  But I am not saying this just as a Sabres fan.  I know it comes across that way.  But what Eichel has done in a short time is eye opening, and he tied Gilbert Perrault.  The kid is  a monster and without him we would be dead

Yeah, it's apples and oranges.  I'm not sure really how to compare goalie vs. center.   Eichel is playing world class and he's been good out of the gate.   I agree that the Sabres would be dead without him.    

I don't think Carter Hart, at this point, is even a worthwhile comparison.   While I think the Flyers would be close to dead without him, comparing a goalie who has only now been up a year with a top 5 in the game center in his ...is it 4th or 5th?...year is a silly discussion.  Of course it's Eichel.

If we're discussing down the road who will be the most valuable, maybe it's Hart. Maybe it's Eichel.  Again, apples to oranges.  But barring injury, I would venture to guess that the center will probably be consistently good longer than the goalie.   As a matter of positions, the goalie would be more likely than the center to be the one a team is able to ride to a Cup (pretending for a moment that either franchise would be in such a position), but again...long term and year over year?   Who's to say, but my money is on the center.

It's way too apples vs. oranges and depends largely on how the comparison is being framed.

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Ok...what?

Neither would Rick. He'd be writing it about Carter Hart. And Hart would already have a restraining order against him. 

He's a very good player. Puts up elite points. needs work on other facets of his game.

You are in the minority on your opinion.  Even some of your Flyer faithful know better than to say what you did.  Its just crazy