Eichel point streak

Buffalo Rick

7 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

On a side note: Why do people care about point streaks anyway?  🙄

Isn't the objective to have as many points as possible? Would you rather have a player who has an 82 game point streak and finishes with 82 points or a player who finishes with 120 points?  :) 

Oh, see now...you and your confounded reasoning....
Just for that, I am going to personally attack you and tell you that you are a big, big, mean, nasty buzzkill and that point streaks are GOOD for making fans feel better about themselves (don't ask me how...they just do!)….and thus 82 straight games is FAR more desirable than a lousy 120 points scattered over those same 82!!

And I will personally attack you once again and tell you to get your Maple Leaf out of your Toronto on that one...ya here!!??  :shifty: :bigteeth:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

What @hf101 said about clicking the report button if something appears to be over the line, is spot on. Avoids unnecessary clutter on a thread, a mod will take more immediate and appropriate action, and the reporting person might even get a short explanation, in private,  on a situation, like this one, where some things are CLEARLY being misunderstood.

Ok, now...in an attempt to get this thread back on track....

Mr. Jack Eichel's point streak came to an end a couple games ago....two straight gmes in fact, where he didn't register a point, against Boston and Ottawa of all teams, however, he started up the points in a losing effort against the Bruins yesterday, along with a 10 minute misconduct it looked like he got (are we gonna see a bigger, badder Eichel moving forward??? :ph34r:  )...

Comparing him to Hart is STILL apples and oranges (Washington Reds and Florida Navels are my personal favorites for the record :shifty: ), and Flyer fans are gonna vote Hart, while Mr. Long Time Member himself, @Hockey Junkie will vote Eichel.....and some of us will go one way or the other...……. @flyercanuck will always be a bastard :bigteeth: , @Podein25 will still love his sheep, and all should be fine!

Seriously though..... Eichel with a 10?? Maybe he starts a multi-game misconduct streak putting Zac "Flyer Favorite" Rinaldo to shame.... :ph34r: 

Where is the report button?  Ha.  Eichel, FYI, is on the front of the hockey page on CBS and the headline is "Is Eichel in the lead for the Hart?"  What irony.  Anyway, I think he is.  We are absolute garbage without him.  My problem with the streak was him missing  a game for an injury, and that ending it.  The Hockey Guy,  who has more credibility around here than me, said himself its unfair for Jack to lose his streak due to an injured night off.  Because he did not play.  That makes perfect sense.  I am not sure of how that works in baseball?  Let say someone is on track to tie the almighty DiMaggio 56 game hitting streak?  And they miss a night due to sickness?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Imagine then, if Eichel and Hart played on the same team...………. the entire universe would explode!!!   :ph34r: 

LOL.... that means Eichel plays for the Flyers..... HJ’s head would explode!  😉 (fixed it for ya!) :yes:

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

not sure of how that works in baseball?  Let say someone is on track to tie the almighty DiMaggio 56 game hitting streak?  And they miss a night due to sickness?

It's the same in baseball. An injury ends the streak. That's why nobody ever puts up long point streaks or hit streaks (in baseball). If they didn't end the streak on an injury, players would be taking random days off during the streak to rest up and keep it going. 

Also, the streak can't go across seasons. So a player who finishes the season on a 20-game point streak doesn't get to begin the next season by adding to a 20-game point streak.

You can see now why I find these streaks meaningless. They're all about timing and luck, and that's it. Not skill based at all.   :) 

Edited by WordsOfWisdom

2 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

It's the same in baseball. An injury ends the streak. That's why nobody ever puts up long point streaks or hit streaks (in baseball). If they didn't end the streak on an injury, players would be taking random days off during the streak to rest up and keep it going. 

Also, the streak can't go across seasons. So a player who finishes the season on a 20-game point streak doesn't get to begin the next season by adding to a 20-game point streak.

You can see now why I find these streaks meaningless. They're all about timing and luck, and that's it. Not skill based at all.   :) 

You are right.  And to me the two most almighty streaks of all time are the 56 game hitting streak by Joe DiMaggio and the Lakers 33 game winning streak.  I do not see those falling ever.  No disrespect to Ted Williams and his batting 400.  That is right there.  The Flyers 35 game unbeaten streak is not as big because there are no ties any more.  So the streak is what it is and no fair way to compare.  Cal Ripken's iron man streak is NEVER COMING DOWN.  

• Like 1