Eichel point streak

Buffalo Rick

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Come on....you can't take me too seriously!

Yes he can.......

It takes more then one player to win a cup.

Have to have the fill ins to get  over the top..

Jack is a good player,he needs some more fill in players .

Edited by intheslot
added letters

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Hockey-78 said:

The Sharks really teached the Flyers a lesson or two, 1-6. Hart with a lousy .793 SV%.

You think @flyercanuck this was another sample where you can "rest your case"? Why didn't they bench Hart or was he too scared to leave the ice?

Unless this is Ryan Miller...or Ricks mom, back off. I was doing a fine job of trolling Rick and now you're ruining everything!

And I'm going to teached  you a lesson...it's taught.

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Unless this is Ryan Miller...or Ricks mom, back off. I was doing a fine job of trolling Rick and now you're ruining everything!

And I'm going to teached  you a lesson...it's taught.

Thanks!

Always hated when a bunch of bullies target one person, deserved or not. Nothing personal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

Thanks!

Always hated when a bunch of bullies target one person, deserved or not. Nothing personal.

Ahh....it's Rick. It's not bullying, it just yanking his chain. Some of us go back quite a few years to another board (including Rick) 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Ahh....it's Rick. It's not bullying, it just yanking his chain. Some of us go back quite a few years to another board (including Rick) 

It is. And it's sad and pathetic. But hey, to each his own. And if Rick himself thinks it's okay and wonderful, carry on for many more years.

3 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

It is. And it's sad and pathetic.

OK, you have zero clue what you're talking about. This back and forth has been going on for about a decade. It's never offended me what Rick says. And I doubt it offends him what I say.(except when it's about Ryan miller) We rarely agree with each other. And yet we still have these silly discussions.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

OK, you have zero clue what you're talking about. This back and forth has been going on for about a decade. It's never offended me what Rick says. And I doubt it offends him what I say.(except when it's about Ryan miller) We rarely agree with each other. And yet we still have these silly discussions.

The bolded part sounds like a very reasonable way to continue constructive discussion, you think?

The issue I brought up was/is a gang of posters dismissively ridiculing a single poster. You can understand it or you can't. You can make excuses for it all you want but from my point of view that's what's in this thread. I've seen you Flyers fans do it in other threads as well. Heated discussions 1 against 1 is a different story (which is part of this board life I guess) to which I haven't even referred to.

To me it's inexcusable a moderator is involved in this sort of bullying. Sometimes the object himself is maybe unable to understand what's going on or unwilling to admit it. At this point I'm not in the least interested in what you have to say about it. I've heard your plea, IMO it's far from convincing.

@hf101 , @TropicalFruitGirl26 or whoever deals with these things: Thoughts on this phenomena I tried to describe? Do you accept it as part of the discussions in here which shouldn't be intervened but to just suck it up? As in 'if you don't like how things are in here feel free to leave'?

@Hockey-78

There is no "ganging up" going on here.
I am reading some differences of opinions, some agreeing with the Buffalo side, and the rest is just bantering that has been going on since even before I came on board.

I agree bullying has no place on this board, but I simply do not see that going on here.

When HJ posts an unpopular opinion, especially in the face of a majority group, he understands he will get lost of opposition to it.
I've posted 'against the grain stuff" myself, expecting sorta the same response.

As long as the responses aren't being done to 'personally injure' anyone, it is all good. I am sure you can appreciate that. And again, many of these guys, with their inside jokes, including the OP, go back quite a long while with this sort of back n forth.

Appreciate you trying to leverage a situation, but honestly, there is none to leverage.
A comment or two that COULD be taken as worse than what was intended was edited for the lesser informed.

Nothing else to this, really.

I don't see the slightest bit of bullying in this thread.  I see people explaining it's the banter of decade-long familiars. I see that being ignored. 

I don't know what it's called when one person insists they're right when a group explains to them they're misinterpreting a situation.  There's actually a clinical term for it. 

52 minutes ago, Hockey-78 said:

The bolded part sounds like a very reasonable way to continue constructive discussion, you think?

The issue I brought up was/is a gang of posters dismissively ridiculing a single poster. You can understand it or you can't. You can make excuses for it all you want but from my point of view that's what's in this thread. I've seen you Flyers fans do it in other threads as well. Heated discussions 1 against 1 is a different story (which is part of this board life I guess) to which I haven't even referred to.

To me it's inexcusable a moderator is involved in this sort of bullying. Sometimes the object himself is maybe unable to understand what's going on or unwilling to admit it. At this point I'm not in the least interested in what you have to say about it. I've heard your plea, IMO it's far from convincing.

@hf101 , @TropicalFruitGirl26 or whoever deals with these things: Thoughts on this phenomena I tried to describe? Do you accept it as part of the discussions in here which shouldn't be intervened but to just suck it up? As in 'if you don't like how things are in here feel free to leave'?

Ridiculing any member is generally distructive in a forum community as it generally always takes a topic off topic.  

There is alot history here, and while it can be fun to poke the bear a bit or reference some old posting jokes in a lighthearted manner we should all be considerate that others may not know the history and more can be made of than what is actually written.  At the same time, too often we can take light jabbing a bit too far.

I think whenever there is a question about a post or topic being a bit over the line the report button should be clicked.    This is the fasted way to get the moderators attention.

• Thanks 1

The bolded part was bolded because you didn't have a clue what you were talking about.

Your point of view comes from a short time on the board...and zero on the other. There's also been times when many people wanted Rick booted for some of his offside comments. I get it his version of things or his idea of what's right is different from others. So I've argued for his case before. Like I said, we don't agree on much, but can still have a back and forth that may seem ridiculous to someone who doesn't know what's going on...that would be you. 

Again, maybe if you knew what Applebees and gobble gobble and coconut crusted halibut and 42 foot plasmas (oops wrong person) make that 88 Luminas meant, you might have a better argument for your case.. 

I take it you grew up in the "bubble wrapped" generation. When someone calls me a bastard...I take it as a compliment.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, hf101 said:

I think whenever there is a question about a post or topic being a bit over the line the report button should be clicked.    This is the fasted way to get the moderators attention.

Thanks @hf101...Late to party.... totally agree here. To @Hockey-78The report button is your friend. If you ever have a concern please use this tool and one of us will address as soon as possible....

What @hf101 said about clicking the report button if something appears to be over the line, is spot on. Avoids unnecessary clutter on a thread, a mod will take more immediate and appropriate action, and the reporting person might even get a short explanation, in private,  on a situation, like this one, where some things are CLEARLY being misunderstood.

Ok, now...in an attempt to get this thread back on track....

Mr. Jack Eichel's point streak came to an end a couple games ago....two straight gmes in fact, where he didn't register a point, against Boston and Ottawa of all teams, however, he started up the points in a losing effort against the Bruins yesterday, along with a 10 minute misconduct it looked like he got (are we gonna see a bigger, badder Eichel moving forward??? :ph34r:  )...

Comparing him to Hart is STILL apples and oranges (Washington Reds and Florida Navels are my personal favorites for the record :shifty: ), and Flyer fans are gonna vote Hart, while Mr. Long Time Member himself, @Hockey Junkie will vote Eichel.....and some of us will go one way or the other...……. @flyercanuck will always be a bastard :bigteeth: , @Podein25 will still love his sheep, and all should be fine!

Seriously though..... Eichel with a 10?? Maybe he starts a multi-game misconduct streak putting Zac "Flyer Favorite" Rinaldo to shame.... :ph34r: 

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26
  • Like 2

On 12/18/2019 at 7:41 PM, OccamsRazor said:

Honestly at this point it is to hard to compare the two.

Hart is in his 2nd season and Eichel is in 5th.

He has one 80 points season otherwise to me he seems like a 60 point center. who is terrible at faceoffs.

And is still a career -51 who is terrible at faceoffs.

He doesn't play on the PK either right (2 career pk points)?? 

Not impressed.

Flyers have had luck with centers not so much with game changing goalies.

When all is said and done Hart i believe will have accomplished way more than Eichel.

I'll take Hart all day every day and twice on sunday.

Plus it seems like centers are more useless in the NHL than ever since they appear to have little impact on their team's success these days. A goalie is the most important player on the team, probably worth the value of 2 or 3 centers considering how much they change the game.  

I think back to the 1993 Canadiens (last time a Canadian team won the Cup) and that team was Patrick Roy. They had no good centers on that team and no good wingers. It was a team of 2nd and 3rd line forwards with a hodge-podge mix of 2nd and 3rd line defencemen and then you had Roy, the best goalie in the game at the time stealing games for them.  They were outclassed in every way by their playoff opponents except in goal... and that was enough to get them the Cup.

A great goalie can elevate a mediocre team to the top.  A great centerman can do nothing on a mediocre team to elevate them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Comparing him to Hart is STILL apples and oranges (Washington Reds and Florida Navels are my personal favorites for the record :shifty: ), and Flyer fans are gonna vote Hart, while Mr. Long Time Member himself, @Hockey Junkie will vote Eichel.....and some of us will go one way or the other...…….

@flyercanuck will always be a bastard :bigteeth: , @Podein25 will still love his sheep, and all should be fine!

Seriously though..... Eichel with a 10?? Maybe he starts a multi-game misconduct streak putting Zac "Flyer Favorite" Rinaldo to shame.... :ph34r: 

And I'd like to hope there's only one person who thought I was serious when I said Hart was better (again, just trying to get a rise).And I did mention that I hoped he didn't take me seriously.

I hope  one day Hart is a great goalie....right now he's doing a pretty good job for the youngest in the league. 

But thanks for the compliment TFG...it means a lot coming from you! :ToastingSmiley:

And as for that Hockey 78 bastard :thumbsu:...sorry if you took it the wrong way. But Buffalo Rick and a bunch of us go back a loooooong way. We've all given it and taken it so many times...we've all got thick skin bud.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Plus it seems like centers are more useless in the NHL than ever since they appear to have little impact on their team's success these days. A goalie is the most important player on the team, probably worth the value of 2 or 3 centers considering how much they change the game.  

I think back to the 1993 Canadiens (last time a Canadian team won the Cup) and that team was Patrick Roy. They had no good centers on that team and no good wingers. It was a team of 2nd and 3rd line forwards with a hodge-podge mix of 2nd and 3rd line defencemen and then you had Roy, the best goalie in the game at the time stealing games for them.  They were outclassed in every way by their playoff opponents except in goal... and that was enough to get them the Cup.

A great goalie can elevate a mediocre team to the top.  A great centerman can do nothing on a mediocre team to elevate them.

Imagine then, if Eichel and Hart played on the same team...………. the entire universe would explode!!!   :ph34r: 

• Good Post 1