Who is this NAK guy?

CoachX

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

And you shouldn't trust that guy.

Saint Nick wears #62.

He's here to stay.

He even drew two penalties tonight.

What a snipe! If he turns out to be legit the Flyers will have serious depth once healthy. 

• Like 2

Maybe it's taken him this long to gather all the tools and be ready mentally.   Or maybe he's riding a streak of luck and will come back to down to earth soon.  Either way,  it was needed with all the injuries.   This team is finding people to step up when needed.  It's a great sign or things to come.  Just 2 more years.... 😁

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Digityman said:

Maybe it's taken him this long to gather all the tools and be ready mentally. 

Or he could be just pissed that he has played over 243 AHL games before ever really getting a chance to make the big club.

• Like 1

“It took me, I think, six call-ups before I got mine, so I was ready for this challenge, and I’m proving it right now,” he said after Monday’s practice.

Six. That’s right — not even counting Carsen Twarynski and Connor Bunnaman, who both beat out Aubé-Kubel for roster spots in training camp, six more players earned in-season call-ups before NAK: Farabee, Frost, German Rubtsov, Vorobyev, Andreoff and David Kaše all got chances with the Flyers before general manager Chuck Fletcher gave Aubé-Kubel the call.

He’s making the most of the opportunity.

• Good Post 1

2 hours ago, CoachX said:

He's riding a high right now, and thats a good thing. But if he wants to stay he will have to keep it up. When the injuries start healing, the roster will get cramped

I'm sure AV makes the right choice for the team.

Giroux-Coots-TK

JVR-Hayes-Farabee

Laughton-Frost-Jake

Pitlick-Raffl-NAK

Andreoff Stewart

When everyone gets back with the exception of Patrick this is how I seeing it shaking out.

In my mind NAK has stood out waay more than Vorobyev so he will be returned to the Phantoms.

Nobody rides for free...

...classic point break.

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, CoachX said:

He's riding a high right now, and thats a good thing. But if he wants to stay he will have to keep it up. When the injuries start healing, the roster will get cramped

It's a nice problem to have. I'll take it.

Thank you to all who came out to attend N.AK onboarding party.

We all appreciate the gestures.

OR gets a special mention as he has tirelessly worked and has proven N.AK as a viable AND Valuable! roster piece to our Flyers faithful.

I just hope he can change out his jersey to #47.

N. AK47 that was a nice snipe of a shot.

How many Rounds and Rounds he will put out? Just ask Ratt....Flyers next goal song?

• Like 1

nice post, but i still think he needs to punch someone in the face. you have a couple of nice scraps, particularly against teams we hate (which for me is all of them), and you will win over the WFC crowd.

i think that means a lot

3 hours ago, CoachX said:

nice post, but i still think he needs to punch someone in the face.

Oh he will do that bit he has been told to calm it down some in the AHL and i can see he has been getting close to that edge since being called up but hasn't crossed it.

He knows he must play smart and draw a penalty and not to be called for one.

5 games in and he only has 2 pims shows me he is showing discipline.

He knows he will be under a microscope.

Controlled chaos is his game and he has gotten under the other team's skin quite well.

The fact that he is getting more minutes than Jake tells me that AV likes his game.

He must continue to do what he has done to stay.

NAILED IT!

Nicolas Aube-Kubel has definitely won himself an extended call-up with the Flyers. The 23-year-old winger has a goal, two assists, 11 shots, 12 hits, five blocked shots and 6:30 shorthanded minutes over five games.

“I like his game," Vigneault said Monday. "Pretty much north-south, physical when he gets the opportunity, defensively he’s been in the right position, he’s been blocking shots. I like what he’s brought for us in this time, we’ve needed some help from some other people and he’s been one of the guys that has been contributing for us.”

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

NAILED IT!

Nicolas Aube-Kubel has definitely won himself an extended call-up with the Flyers. The 23-year-old winger has a goal, two assists, 11 shots, 12 hits, five blocked shots and 6:30 shorthanded minutes over five games.

“I like his game," Vigneault said Monday. "Pretty much north-south, physical when he gets the opportunity, defensively he’s been in the right position, he’s been blocking shots. I like what he’s brought for us in this time, we’ve needed some help from some other people and he’s been one of the guys that has been contributing for us.”

He needs to change jersey numbers

8 minutes ago, CoachX said:

He needs to change jersey numbers

From what I have seen in the past they usually don't till the following season when they make the team.

Lindblom, Sanheim, Myers, Frost and Farabee all have stuck with the numbers they were assigned since camp. They have switched till they made the team to start a season.

Not sure if it's their choosing something the staff is doing. I agree not the best number.

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

From what I have seen in the past they usually don't till the following season when they make the team.

Lindblom, Sanheim, Myers, Frost and Farabee all have stuck with the numbers they were assigned since camp. They have switched till they made the team to start a season.

Not sure if it's their choosing something the staff is doing. I agree not the best number.

i have a long list of grievances, and this is near the top

On 12/27/2019 at 11:49 AM, CoachX said:

nice post, but i still think he needs to punch someone in the face. you have a couple of nice scraps, particularly against teams we hate (which for me is all of them), and you will win over the WFC crowd.

i think that means a lot

I didn't watch the game last night and missed that Frost had been sent down and NAK kept up and had impressed the coaching staff so much that he got time on the power play.

Something Gordon never gave him in LV.

So when Laughton is read they said it will be down to Andreoff or Vorobyev who will be sent down.

I would send Misha down haven't been impressed by him he is just another soft perimeter Russian player.

Andreoff brings something to the lineup plus I'd rather if need be he play than if Stewart were needed.

• Nicolas Aube-Kubel, a 23-year-old winger called up on Dec. 15, has forced the Flyers into tough decisions with his energetic and opportunistic game. Morgan Frost was sent to AHL affiliate Lehigh Valley before the game and Andy Andreoff could join him soon when Scott Laughton (groin, day to day) returns.

With the Frost move, the 23-year-old Aube-Kubel earned power play time Sunday and he was constantly noticeable at even strength.

Aube-Kubel was summoned by the banged-up Flyers out of sheer necessity and he's given the club every reason to keep him here.

• Mikhail Vorobyev, who stayed with the Flyers over Frost, committed two penalties. Following the second infraction, which came six minutes into the third period of a 1-1 game, Vorobyev saw the ice only once more for a brief shift.

Vorobyev, who turns 23 years old next Sunday, is in his fifth stint with the Flyers going back to last season.

My guess is it will go down just like you said. Frost will get some more time to season and will be back in the near future

NAK just needs to understand whats behind him. If he lets up, he could be down as fast as up. Maybe the tough road he has traveled will keep him hungry

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2019 at 12:04 PM, CoachX said:

NAK just needs to understand whats behind him.

I think he gets it. He was very good last night what i didn't know about his game and notice last night is man he has a very quick accurate shot. Was blown away how quick he got a shot off and it was on net every time.

Very underrated part of his game.

Makes me wonder how he would look on Giroux and Coots right wing for added grit and toughness would have helped Coots out last night dealing with Wilson i think.