Jump to content
You are a guest user Click to join the site

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

hf101

World Juniors 2020

Recommended Posts

It will be interesting to see if Khovanov can make a play for tournament MVP if he has a strong game against Team Canada.  I have a huge prospects article in the works and I'll probably publish it tomorrow.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

It will be interesting to see if Khovanov can make a play for tournament MVP if he has a strong game against Team Canada.  I have a huge prospects article in the works and I'll probably publish it tomorrow.  

We will see. Khovanov had a goal during a semifinal game and a primary assist in tying goal (4:4) to move the game to overtime against Sweden. Actually , practically in most games he had a goal and/or a primary assist, which made him a very valuable player for his team. 
Russian team does not have the best goaltending. 2 or 3 times during the tournament they replaced goalie in regulation. Their success is already by playing in finals of such a prestigious tournament, which is for the first time happened in 4 years plus they embarrassed once a Canadian team with a score 6:0.  I am sure that happened by the valuable help of our single Wild prospect playing there - Alexander Khovanov.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2020 at 3:21 AM, lynxrattle said:

In 2010 World Juniors Team Russia's best players included among others Tarasenko and Kuznetsov. If Khovanov is able to be 1C in Team Russia, there's hope for him to be able to be a legit 1C for the Wild one day 4-5 years from now. Of course everyone doesn't develop as hoped, but let's keep our fingers crossed.

Agree, let's keep our fingers crossed and not in 4-5 years, but in 2-3 years from now.😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

 I hope the refereeing is more like Can/Fin than this.

 

Ya no such luck, it's a whistle fest, although not entirely without reason to be fair....and the 5 on 3 was helpful

 

Dumb penalty by Zamula at the second break there, haven't seem him enough to know if that's a habit of his or not.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, what a great Gold Medal game! The "overrated" Canadians avenge the earlier inexplicable defeat, and win gold.

 

As always, great IIHF World Junior Tourney

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Refereeing the entire tournament was...IIHFish. 

 

That was a great game by both teams. Zamula had a great tournament. Hell of a game and tournament by Hayton. 

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Refereeing the entire tournament was...IIHFish. 

 

 

That's very polite of you. So, so awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Antti_Laxative said:

Man, what a great Gold Medal game! The "overrated" Canadians avenge the earlier inexplicable defeat, and win gold.

 

As always, great IIHF World Junior Tourney

...trailing 3-1 in the third stanza mind you.

 

Oh how the uninformed must be steaming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

 

That's very polite of you. So, so awful.

 

I'll take the win....lot's of bad calls. For all the bitching about the camera non call, turned out it was the correct one...but that holding the stick on Hayton when he was taken down was one of the alltime headscratchers.

Edited by flyercanuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The camera non-call is ridiculous.  As even Parm said...the camera sits behind the plane of the glass for that reason.  It is ridiculous that wasn't a delay of game call.  Either way, the Russians sat back...and found a way to lose.  Either way, Khovanov had a great tournament and that is literally the only reason I cared about this game at all.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Antti_Laxative said:

...trailing 3-1 in the third stanza mind you.

 

Oh how the uninformed must be steaming

 

Russia sat back...and found a way to lose.  Give credit to Hayton for gutting it out and sort of swinging the momentum back to Canada's favor.  The non-delay of game call was comical.  It clearly hit the camera and how the crew on the ice can't review that is another embarrassment for the IIHF.  Delay of game is a pretty black & white rule.  Khovanov still had a respectable tournament and he was the only reason I paid any attention to the WJC's at all.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

 

Russia sat back...and found a way to lose.  Give credit to Hayton for gutting it out and sort of swinging the momentum back to Canada's favor.  The non-delay of game call was comical.  It clearly hit the camera and how the crew on the ice can't review that is another embarrassment for the IIHF.  Delay of game is a pretty black & white rule.  Khovanov still had a respectable tournament and he was the only reason I paid any attention to the WJC's at all.  

Others of us have paid close attention for many years now. It's a splendid tourney...the future of the NHL in all its' glory

 

I love it...it never lets me down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

The camera non-call is ridiculous.  As even Parm said...the camera sits behind the plane of the glass for that reason.  It is ridiculous that wasn't a delay of game call.  Either way, the Russians sat back...and found a way to lose.  Either way, Khovanov had a great tournament and that is literally the only reason I cared about this game at all.  

 

 Here's the camera...clearly sticking out over the ice. The rule, as the refs explained, was that if the puck hits any structure above the ice, it's not a penalty. Then Denisenko takes a penalty an 8 year old would know better than. They imploded. 

 

 Who's Parm?

 

View image on Twitter

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Antti_Laxative said:

Others of us have paid close attention for many years now. It's a splendid tourney...the future of the NHL in all its' glory

 

I love it...it never lets me down

 

I've watched it a lot over the years, but with other hockey going on...unless Wild prospects are in it I normally don't watch too much of it.  Gord Miller and Parm do a pretty good job with it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

 

I've watched it a lot over the years, but with other hockey going on...unless Wild prospects are in it I normally don't watch too much of it.  Gord Miller and Parm do a pretty good job with it.  

 

That's kind of a shame, it's arguably the best hockey on the planet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Refereeing the entire tournament was...IIHFish. 

 

That was a great game by both teams. Zamula had a great tournament. Hell of a game and tournament by Hayton. 

Agree. Zamula as well as our Wild prospect Khovanov both had a great experience and both have a got a silver medal for the 1st time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Agree. Zamula as well as our Wild prospect Khovanov both had a great experience and both have a got a silver medal for the 1st time.

 

 It was definitely the two best teams going head to head. The pace for most of the game was incredible. (other than the bad calls which went both ways) 

 

Germany looks like their program is on track as well. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

 

 It was definitely the two best teams going head to head. The pace for most of the game was incredible. (other than the bad calls which went both ways) 

 

Germany looks like their program is on track as well. 

Agree. Flyers prospect Zamula had a primary assist to the 1st goal during that game too. Unfortunately, like I said before, the goaltending was a problem for the Russian team throughout the whole tournament. The coach strategic mistake was that he should replace the goalie (Miftakhov) after the second goal to wake up the team. He did that successfully few times during the tournament, but didn't do that during the last game.  3 out of 4 goals the goalie should be able to stop and those goals were at the last 10 minutes of the final game. Plus too many (16 ) penalty minutes for the Russian team played their role for the final result also. 

Edited by Alexandron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/26/2019 at 6:58 PM, Alexandron said:

It seems that LaCrosse style of placing goals getting more and more popular because it is hard to stop those goals. Probably, we will see them more in the future in NHL and other leagues too. And some day they will become a routine goals to watch. 😎

 

 

It seems I am getting right that we will see more and more LaCrosse style of goals in NHL and other tournaments. Yesterday ,Forsberg was able to put a LaCrosse goal into the Oilers net.

Here is a link to watch it:

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Most Liked Posts in This Topic

    • 3
      Post
      Flyers undrafted defensive free agent look good in the loss...     ...bye by someone...       #sniper
    • 2
      Post
      Agree, regarding Zamula - a superb net vision for this sniper.
    • 2
      Post
      Lafreniere is back skating with TC!        edit; and apparently playing tomorrow against Slovaks.
    • 2
      Post
      I felt guilty typing it...but it is the truth. Have not missed a regular season Eagles game in 15 yrs or so...missing a playoff game is unthinkable. 
    • 2
      Post
      Refereeing the entire tournament was...IIHFish.    That was a great game by both teams. Zamula had a great tournament. Hell of a game and tournament by Hayton. 
    • 1
      Post
      It was definitely the two best teams going head to head. The pace for most of the game was incredible. (other than the bad calls which went both ways)    Germany looks like their program is on track as well. 

Game Room 1

Please enter your display name

×
×
  • Create New...