Wild vs. Avalanche 12/27/19 @ 7:00PM CST at Pepsi Center

CreaseAndAssist

Kadri with the misconduct.... couldn't have happened to a nicer a-hole.

He was all outraged that Hartman did to him what he normally does to other players.
Tough %$# for him.

Cmon Wild...put these jokers away.

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26
  • Like 1

Wild Resilient in 6-4 Road Victory Over Colorado

Big win, good resilient effort and I felt everyone was playing hard and contributing to the cause.  From the 1st line to the 4th line, I was really impressed how they battled and took away time and space from Colorado for most of the game.  Defensively, the Avalanche's speed gave us some trouble at times, but I still thought overall it was a pretty nice effort.  Either way, a big two points for this club!  I have a full game recap, Alex Khovanov update too...enjoy!  

• Like 1

I must admit I was not feeling it after they gave up 2 goals in 46 seconds at the end of the first.  I had a feeling that they were going to do what they usually do, curl up in the fetal position and play not to lose the game. But they kept working and got a good result. 
I still think it is too early to anoint this team Cup contenders, but maybe they can put a run together and get into the Playoffs.

1 hour ago, IllaZilla said:

I must admit I was not feeling it after they gave up 2 goals in 46 seconds at the end of the first.  I had a feeling that they were going to do what they usually do, curl up in the fetal position and play not to lose the game. But they kept working and got a good result. 
I still think it is too early to anoint this team Cup contenders, but maybe they can put a run together and get into the Playoffs.

I called into KFAN's Wild fanline last night, and talked about Nico Sturm's solid play and ability to win key faceoffs down the stretch of that game.  They more or less said it doesn't matter because Sturm doesn't create more offense.  I didn't care about that; as much as having a center that can win draws and play like a bigger player like he has.  He had a great screen on Soucy's goal.  Even as Soucy took the shot he stood there and didn't move, giving Francouz nothing to look at.  Normally when Wild players try to screen goalies, they may stand in front briefly but when the shot is going to happen they turn sideways or move out of the way and give the goalie a pretty clear view of it.  But I think we do know he'll be sent back down when Mikko returns.  Rask keeps playing well enough.  I know we and just about the entire fanbase has given him a lot of crap, but he helps make that 4th line as effective as it has been.  Boudreau used the 4th line a lot last night and in big moments and for the most part they performed pretty well.  

• Like 2

If Rask didn’t have a $4M price tag, he wouldn’t get near the guff he does. I don’t have a problem with him. He didn’t ask to get traded, and it was Don Waddell that threw $4M per season at him, not the Wild. He’s a decent 4C and knows his role.

If Sturm keeps developing, it will be interesting to see if Guerin extends Koivu or not. At some point this team has got to turn the reins over to the young guys...

I’m curious to see if when mikko returns will he lay back when we enter the zone, as he has been prone to do, or will he support the attack as his replacements have been doing. 
Will he realize that he is not indispensable?

3 hours ago, Tomdog said:

I’m curious to see if when mikko returns will he lay back when we enter the zone, as he has been prone to do, or will he support the attack as his replacements have been doing. 
Will he realize that he is not indispensable?

Mikko plays that “center high” position he learned from Lemaire. Because he’s a defensive center. Mikko’s not changing his game now at this point in his career. He’s going to play high so if there is a turnover he gets back with the defensemen and eliminates any odd man rushes. It’s just what he does. 

If Sturm continues to develop, it will be interesting to see if Guerin gives Koivu an extension or if he declines. I have a suspicion that he will give Koivu a one year extension and let him ride off into the sunset. Keep in mind the Seattle draft is coming up, and does the Wild really want to be forced into protecting Koivu or use the spot on a Fiala, Kunin, or Greenway?

23 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Wild Resilient in 6-4 Road Victory Over Colorado

Big win, good resilient effort and I felt everyone was playing hard and contributing to the cause.  From the 1st line to the 4th line, I was really impressed how they battled and took away time and space from Colorado for most of the game.  Defensively, the Avalanche's speed gave us some trouble at times, but I still thought overall it was a pretty nice effort.  Either way, a big two points for this club!  I have a full game recap, Alex Khovanov update too...enjoy!  

Thanks LIG. It was a big win for our team against a Colorado Avalanche team.

Here is an additional update regarding stats of Alexander Khovanov at the World Junior Championship 2020. He is our single player, who is participating there. During his first game against Czech Republic he had a primary assist to Zamula's beautiful goal. They lost that game with a score 3:4. But he was able to put a goal and had a primary assist in today game against a Canada team. They won that game with a score 6:0.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tomdog said:

But, will he or the team realize that he is not indispensable?

The team is 6-4-1 since Koivu's been out. Not too bad. I think it shows that the team can adjust to a loss of a player of Koivu’s stature. Especially Eriksson-Ek. He’s turned into a nice shut down center, which is Koivu’s role. 

And Koivu’s missed significant time the last two seasons. Only played in 48 games last season and has already missed 10 games this season. At his age (36), he may want to hang them up anyway.