McCabe vs Sergachev 12/31/19

Brewin Flames

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Great check...shouldn't have to fight for doing that. All McCabe got was beat up.

I know I will come off as a homer here (so what, don't care!), but you are absolutely right.
Good check on the big bad Eichel (a hockey play), and McCabe felt the need to come in and do something NON hockey.

I suppose if he had won the fight, people would have said, "well, that's how you answer for your teammate", in this bizarro hockey world we live in, but like you said.....all he got for his trouble was an arse whooping.... and I gotta say, I LOVE Serge taunting the crowd and firing up his own bench right afterwards!!

I did fear Serge may have hurt his hand during the fight after seeing him DTD after the game, but according to some other sources, the injury to his hand wasn't from the fight, but rather from a blocked shot later in the game.

Sergachev is NOT a fighter or a goon....but what he is, is a brickhouse built, tough playing, no nonsense 21 yr old who hasn't even scratched the surface of what he is capable of in the league.
McCabe found out that sometimes, big strong kids like him shouldn't be messed with.

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26
  • Like 1