Lawrence Pilut called up from Rochester! Finally!

Buffalo Rick

Pilut.jpg.3e24bceb09e76b9d266ec01900e2bc44.jpg

I guess it took some kind of injury to McCabe?  Well, let McCabe, and  Jokuharju take a seat and watch the All Star representative of the Rochester Americans, who are doing quite well by the way, to play for the Sabres again and hopefully this time he is here to stay!

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

9 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I guess it took some kind of injury to McCabe?  Well, let McCabe, and  Jokuharju take a seat and watch the All Star representative of the Rochester Americans, who are doing quite well by the way, to play for the Sabres again and hopefully this time he is here to stay!

Congrats @Hockey Junkie , you got the guy you wanted at the NHL level.
Will be up to him to show he belongs there for good now.

And yes, a McCabe injury opened the door for him.

From the looks of the Sabres defensive alignment, Buffalo is looking to pair a vet with a younger player.
Defensive pairings look a bit wonky to me (mainly because Buffalo still doesn't have an established #1 d-man), but I do agree with their strategy of pairing dynamic young player with a more seasoned player as shown below (courtesy of Dailyfaceoff).

defense.jpg.d1bd56dad8afa1604a8702ed630fd708.jpg

14 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Congrats @Hockey Junkie , you got the guy you wanted at the NHL level.
Will be up to him to show he belongs there for good now.

And yes, a McCabe injury opened the door for him.

From the looks of the Sabres defensive alignment, Buffalo is looking to pair a vet with a younger player.
Defensive pairings look a bit wonky to me (mainly because Buffalo still doesn't have an established #1 d-man), but I do agree with their strategy of pairing dynamic young player with a more seasoned player as shown below (courtesy of Dailyfaceoff).

defense.jpg.d1bd56dad8afa1604a8702ed630fd708.jpg

Ristolainen is their number one guy

Looks like the Sabres really do want to give Lawrence Pilut a real look.
He was called up due to an injury to Jake McCabe, well, McCabe is back in the game against Vancouver, but Pilut is still in the lineup.

Not sure yet who was scratched, but I am pretty sure the Sabres want to give Pilut every chance to stick around and someone else is simply going to have to sit down.

EDIT: Looks like its Colin Miller riding the pine in favor of Pilut.