Game 45: Lightning at Flyers; 1/11/20 @ 7 PM

Howie58

16 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Lots of players have babies. Why is Giroux the only affected?

We never run out of excuses to explain this guy.  

Well for one I don't really know about when other players have had babies so I don't know if it affects them or not. The only players I follow are Flyers.

Also I don't care to try to figure out if Ryan Getzlaf's dips in production throughout his career correlate with his children being babies.

It is not unreasonable to think this could be part of the problem. This could be a contributing factor for a noticeable decline , not an excuse.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

It's very sad honestly where we are today as a society where they would rather have a video of something like this than helping.

19 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I have always gotten a kick out of the quote, "its not worth it". It always seems to come AFTER the first punch has been thrown. Why wasnt it worth it BEFORE the fight happened? And just once, I'd like to know when it is worth it

First: I am not an fight recorder. 

I have pulled multiple people from the ocean that were in trouble, I have taken a couple of shots trying to protect a stranger who was getting a beating outside of a club. -Getting hit wasn't worth it. I have asked if women were okay when a man is raising his voice to them in public-more than once.

However in the times when I have been eyewitness to crimes or beatings, and haven't helped it has been because I wasn't paying attention to the situation.  

In one instance I saw a guy running with maybe 5 boxes of sneakers in a mall, before it dawned on me that he was stealing those shoes... he was past the point where I could do anything.

People do tend to just lead their lives and keep their heads down or they figure someone else will take care of it.

https://www.nytimes.com/1964/03/27/archives/37-who-saw-murder-didnt-call-the-police-apathy-at-stabbing-of.html

32 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

In one instance I saw a guy running with maybe 5 boxes of sneakers in a mall, before it dawned on me that he was stealing those shoes... he was past the point where I could do anything.

Sorry to hear about what happened to Uncle Ben later... 😎

33 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

People do tend to just lead their lives and keep their heads down or they figure someone else will take care of it.

https://www.nytimes.com/1964/03/27/archives/37-who-saw-murder-didnt-call-the-police-apathy-at-stabbing-of.html

The Genovese story - while tragic - has at least some of its origins in "sensational" news coverage:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Kitty_Genovese#Accuracy_of_original_reports

That said, the concept that "all that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good [people] to do nothing" holds water.

And, I don't know about you, but I see several people trying to intervene. And whatever video evidence there is would likely help more than hinder prosecution.

"Kyle" clearly has his beer muscles working overtime.

Where the H-E-double-hockey-sticks is building security and WHY is this allowed to spill over into a bathroom? BOTH these guys should have been ejected from the arena and held for police.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

First: I am not an fight recorder. 

I have pulled multiple people from the ocean that were in trouble, I have taken a couple of shots trying to protect a stranger who was getting a beating outside of a club. -Getting hit wasn't worth it. I have asked if women were okay when a man is raising his voice to them in public-more than once.

However in the times when I have been eyewitness to crimes or beatings, and haven't helped it has been because I wasn't paying attention to the situation.  

I tend to not get invovled in the affairs of others, and I try really hard to ignore crimes being committed 

4 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

It is not unreasonable to think this could be part of the problem. This could be a contributing factor for a noticeable decline , not an excuse

He's a multi millionaire professional hockey player and captain if the team. If the way he is playing right now is due to lack of sleep because of a baby, then he is clearly not the person to be in a leadership position. The flyers should find a way to part with him and make sure they no longer sign players with asparations of having a family

• Good Post 1