More bad new Ghost and Zamula both just had surgery

RonJeremy

15 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Somebody in the Flyers brass has ticked off the Hockey Health Gods.

It's Howie Roseman and/or Jeff Lurie.   One or both sold their souls for a Super Bowl win.   They apparently bargained with the health of all philly teams, as evidenced by the decimation of the Phillies this past season, the Eagles, the Flyers injury woes, and now Embid on the Sixers (it would be worse on the Sixers, but Satan already has the NBA, so it wasn't a major bargaining chip).

So here we are.

I really think this is scientifically proven and undeniable.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jammer2 said:

The Ghost injury sucks. He could have been part of a key deadline deal. Now, he might not be healthy to facilitate such a deal. Hard to know his true value anyway. 

Yeah, exactly.  It really is hard to know his true value, and the injury only complicates thing.  If they're only talking 3 weeks, he should be back at or shortly after the allstar break, right?    It's a shame he has to miss the game; I'm sure he'd have been great in it. [/snide sarcasm].

The injury thing is now beyond ridiculous.  I would think the cap management guy is working a ton of overtime at this point.

2 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Lol, this is peak Philly sports fan stuff

One of the reasons I like "Silver Linings Playbook" is the sheer idiocy of the dad is so accurate and so common.  200 of him call in daily to the Mike Missanelli Show on 97.5 (The Fanatic--go figure) while they take a break from their favorite Philly team's Facebook page.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, ruxpin said:

One of the reasons I like "Silver Linings Playbook" is the sheer idiocy of the dad is so accurate and so common.  200 of him call in daily to the Mike Missanelli Show on 97.5 (The Fanatic--go figure) while they take a break from their favorite Philly team's Facebook page.

@Podein25

The other reason I like the movie is, I don't care what y'all say, I like looking at Jennifer Lawrence.  It's even legal now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

@Podein25

The other reason I like the movie is, I don't care what y'all say, I like looking at Jennifer Lawrence.  It's even legal now.

As opposed to when it was not so legal? When exactly did you start looking at 29 year old Jennifer Lawrence? Or are you talking some sort of deep fake stuff of another variety?

2 minutes ago, elmatus said:

When exactly did you start looking at 29 year old Jennifer Lawrence?

It was 1994.  It was a Tuesday.  I remember because it was raining and Denny's was closed for remodeling...

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

@Podein25

I would look at her all day. I actually like the movie. Hey, have you ever seen or heard of the movie Big Fan? Patton Oswalt is in it. I can't seem to find a trailer. It's about a Giants fan, but it has an important Eagles connection. It's a funny movie, but also a serious one. It's pretty powerful stuff even.

4 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Well, this thread went way off the rails.

Dammit, Ghost is injured!

Honestly, it is next man up... Ghost is about on my last nerve and I honestly was hoping he was traded.  I am more worried about Zalmula and the back issue.  I read it was a degenerative issue which is worrisome for the long term.

Edited by murraycraven