Wild vs. Canucks 1/12/20 @ 3:00PM CST at the X

CreaseAndAssist

Just now, Alexandron said:

LOL #4 in EN. Game is over. Where they were in 57 minutes? Real team's play was the last 3 minutes of the game. 

That’s the Wild’s problem. They think they’re good enough to only show up for portions of the game...

Markstrom, Canucks Shut Down the Wild in 4-1 Victory

Kind of predictable.  Another 2 day lay off and we look like the tired team while Vancouver was ready to play and outworked us most of the game.  Pateryn didn't do anything for me, and neither did Zucker beyond yapping at the officials and taking some lazy penalties.  Embrace the tank is back in full swing folks!  Full game recap, an Iowa Wild report and a ton of prospect news.  Enjoy...

3 minutes ago, wildstars95 said:

na the wild shooters make any goalie look like tretiak

It seems like that. 

Sadly to say, I already have a smell of firing Boudreau before the end of the season. Team is not really playing hard in my opinion. Maybe Laviolette will be a better coach for us if NJ will not steal him from us? And I already have a smell that Dubnyk and Koivu will be gone after this season. We need new more talented faces in our team.

59 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

It seems like that. 

Sadly to say, I already have a smell of firing Boudreau before the end of the season. Team is not really playing hard in my opinion. Maybe Laviolette will be a better coach for us if NJ will not steal him from us? And I already have a smell that Dubnyk and Koivu will be gone after this season. We need new more talented faces in our team.

Why fire Boudreau now? It’s not the coach. It’s the players. And the team is stuck with a majority of them until Jesus come back...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

Why fire Boudreau now? It’s not the coach. It’s the players. And the team is stuck with a majority of them until Jesus come back...

Good question and why not? Of course, not a secret,everyone knows that team's results are always stay first of all on players, and secondary, on a coach.  Like we said before, impossible to fire/trade every player in the team. As soon as Stars and Predators(and those teams are evidently better that our team) fired in my opinion, their very decent coaches then the teams results/and play became better too, because the Jesus woke up inside of each player. That is a normal/routine practice for any professional sport of waking up the internal Jesus for each player capable to play as a team. We never know when the outside Jesus will come to the team back again.  A tough question to make it real. We wish to have it soon... Is that possible? Sincerely, I do not know. 😎

7 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

http://www.tankathon.com/nhl/pick_odds

Right now, we're at a 3.5 % chance of getting Lafreniere...

Thanks Lynxrattle. Chances are minimal at this moment. I do not think if we ever will get that #1 overall pick. For the State of Hockey it will be too embarrassing to be at the last place in NHL.

Just looked through the video highlights at Michael Russo Twitter on Markstrom saves on Zucker; Kunin; Staal, and Donato shots. Like I mentioned during the game, those shots were 100% made to the lower spots of the net at the level of goalie's pads of Markstrom's legs. Why they were not trying to raise the puck above the goalie's shoulders or at least above the goalie's legs? IMO, the trajectory of the puck is more unpredictable and more difficult to take by the goalie when the puck goes to the upper right and left corners of the net but not at the bottom of the net. Same observation, I would say regarding our most shootouts attempts.

I do not remember who was saying first IllaZilla or LIG, that Dumba's shots are easy to read now and opposite players are practically prepared for them to block or for goalies to stop those shots. I would agree with that observation. It seems he is too demonstrative showing how he is going to shoot the puck instead of hiding when and where he is going to shoot the puck. Sudden shot is more difficult to take than the demonstrative one, unless it should be like Ovechkin's one with an extreme puck's speed.  Unfortunately, we do not have those players capable of doing that. 

I don’t understand why shooters aren’t try for the top half of the net on most of their shots. 
Goalies always drop to the butterfly on the shot, and if a puck is tipped it usually goes down from the loss of speed. 
I asked a goalie friend of mine which shot gave him the most trouble. High on the stick side. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

I don’t understand why shooters aren’t try for the top half of the net on most of their shots. 
Goalies always drop to the butterfly on the shot, and if a puck is tipped it usually goes down from the loss of speed. 
I asked a goalie friend of mine which shot gave him the most trouble. High on the stick side. 

Exactly. Completely agree. That I am trying to bring to the attention of our players to shoot more for the top half of the net. Or maybe they already gave up on that season or the coach? I do not know.

I am very skeptical  regarding our next 3 games this week against the best teams Penguins, Lightning and Stars. Not sure , if we will be able to win those games.

Still wish to see in our big club Mayhew, Menell and even Sokolov in a tryout. All 3 are capable to help in our poor PP. Some of current Wild players could be benched for a while. We need a production, which we are badly missing last 5-6 games.

3 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Still wish to see in our big club Mayhew, Menell and even Sokolov in a tryout. All 3 are capable to help in our poor PP. Some of current Wild players could be benched for a while. We need a production, which we are badly missing last 5-6 games.

While it is admirable you want to see some of the Iowa players up here, the Wild have to have roster space for them. They can only have 23 men on the roster. It’s not as simple as “just bench the veterans”. Even if a player is benched, they still count towards the 23-man limit. 
you could send a player to Iowa, but you have to be careful with that because some of the younger players require waivers. The only young players that could be sent to Iowa without waivers are Kunin, Greenway or Soucy. And none of those guys are the problem with the power play. 

The other thing I don't understand is why they think they need to be right in front of the goalie.

I understand screening the goalie, but 6' to 10 feet out from the goalie would be a lot easier to get the puck higher.

I would also like to know what the scoring percentage is for taking a shot halfway between the blue line and the faceoff circle vs a shot from the blue line.

21 hours ago, Alexandron said:

I do not remember who was saying first IllaZilla or LIG, that Dumba's shots are easy to read now and opposite players are practically prepared for them to block or for goalies to stop those shots. I would agree with that observation. It seems he is too demonstrative showing how he is going to shoot the puck instead of hiding when and where he is going to shoot the puck. Sudden shot is more difficult to take than the demonstrative one, unless it should be like Ovechkin's one with an extreme puck's speed.  Unfortunately, we do not have those players capable of doing that. 

Well I think the team makes it obvious when its really trying to set up Dumba for a goal.  Where players don't take advantage of a shooting lane to try keep sending passes to Dumba and hoping he'll just blast one in.  If Dumba was smart, he'd try to get one by moving in close and crashing the net instead of trying to score on a big slap shot.