You are a guest user Click to join the site

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

Brewin Flames

Tkachuk/Kassian Feud

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

2-game suspension for Kassian.

Kassian is a cement head (possibly why he survived the hit), but this simply isn't right.

It's the NHL. They always (publicly) back the referees no matter how badly they allow things to escalate in games.

• Like 2

Gonna be some real heat on the next battle of Alberta. Probably wont happen...but craving some good old fashioned retribution violence....and call up the goon reinforcements...blood plz!!!

• Like 1

My thoughts...

I'll admit, my bias may show, but i thought the first hit was questionable, but i guess the zebra's were willing to let it go.

No problems at all with the second hit.

He had the puck (both times) and MT lined him up perfectly....

I also have NO issues with Kassian getting up and pummeling him.

That said, agitate, and draw a penalty, calgary scores, wins the game.

Call it what you want, that's the way he plays and he does it with great results, granted (just like with marchand) he'll get his someday.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Most Liked Posts in This Topic

Personally, I think that first hit was a headshot, and Tkachuk should receive supplemental discipline. I don’t know how Toronto sees these things, but for me, my rule is that if you were to remove the head and the neck from the victim’s body and the same hit was made, would it be more of a miss that a hit? If it would be more of a miss, that is targeting the head, and it has no business in our game.   Some might say he got his shoulder, but I disagree. Watch his neck flex as the hip co
      2-game suspension for Kassian.   Kassian is a cement head (possibly why he survived the hit), but this simply isn't right.
      I really have no horse in this. I'm not a fan, really, of either team but actually kind of like Tkachuk.    That first hit was absolutely a head shot.  I have no idea why there was no penalty, let alone something from the league afterward.    I have no idea what the league is looking at anymore. It's utterly pathetic. 
      I'm probably one of the vast minority of non-Wings fans that actually liked Kronwall.  There was art to what he did.   Often, it was simply a thing of beauty.   I guess that's in the eye of the beholder, but it was art to me.   Agree with everything you said. If they don't start enforcing this uniformly, you have to figure they are guaranteeing a loss in an eventual NFL-style lawsuit.  It should NEVER be based on whether the recipient was injured.  You got lucky he wasn't, grow so
      Absolutely lousy officiating as Tkachuk clearly delivered a head shot to Kassian, that said no way Kassian doesn't do a game or two for this, Tkachuk refused to drop the gloves (or even his stick) and took the pummeling from Kassian which seemed to enrage Kassian all the more.    Dick move by Tkachuk to start it and a bigger one by Kassian to go full on WWE after the second hit which IMHO was clean as could be although brutal.     So a game or two seems right.
      At the very least, it says to the players, "take your run and just pray they don't get hurt.  It won't be called if no one is hurt (or if their name is Konecny, it doesn't matter either way)." 

Game Room 1

Please enter your display name