Wild vs. Penguins 1/14/20 @ 6:00PM CST at PPG Paints Arena

CreaseAndAssist

9 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

OMG...Thursday’s game is nationally televised too! Chance for a double beat down!🤣 

Good.  Then maybe Bill G. will have enough public evidence and rationale (e.g. humiliation) to convince CL that this is NOT a group to build around.  Rather, it is a group that would be great to buy-out (not that you are able to buy out the Country Club yet).  What the hell value was the Zucc signing?  Idiocy at its zenith

1 hour ago, EmptyShelf said:

Even Galchenyuk can break his slump against Suter and the Mild

Probably, Galchenyuk put  one of the best goals in that game(that was a 7th goal in this game) above Dubnyk's shoulder exactly in the top right corner. It is hard to take those shots for the goalie. Wish to see from our team  similar goals  too.

Watched twice that game. Commentators from Pittsburgh said, that was a superb nationally televised an offensive show case from the Pinguins team.  First game for Crosby after injury ended as a 1st star of the game with 4 points(1 goal;3 assists) and Malkin after his injury getting more and more points(who added tonight 2 goals and 1 assist) was selected a star #2 of the game. 

Most of our players were practically invisible in that game, maybe except Parise, Foligno, Donato and Fiala. It seems very understandable that the team is gave up on the season 2019-2020.

Want that the Wild organization will put on waivers Rask, Hartman, Pateryn or trade them and will bring to the big club Mayhew (having 25 goals already and practically having a point or more every game in Iowa), Sokolov shining recently every game there too by playing with Mayhew and Sturm. From the defenseman part, I would like to see as soon as possible Menell - extremely valuable player (4 goals; 23 assists). All 3 (Mayhew, Sokolov, Menell) were able to put  a goal and to make an assist in a very difficult game tonight against Condors. I am still listening that game. Score is 4:2 so far in 3 minutes left in regulation of the game.   Would be nice to see Sturm too in the big club. 

Torturing myself by forcing myself to watch the highlights of the game reminded me of seeing the Red Machine butcher Team Finland in a friendly sometime in 1982 or 1983. 8-1 or something. Nobody wants to watch at hockey like this. Basically in games like these there is only one team on the ice playing around some practice pylons. This team desperately needs a rebuild.

56 minutes ago, Antti_Laxative said:

Yup -these public lashings on National TV *really* drum up the potential viewership numbers for the Winter Classic eh?

The only reason the Wild got the Winter Classic is because they showed NBC and the NHL they could offer a better money making opportunity than anyone else. That and Leipold's continuous whining about it.

I'm just hoping these public embarrassments finally get Fan Boy #1 to realize he's just assembled a collection of names and not a team and allows the GM to do his thing and blow this team the f*#$ up...

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

Now that the team is whole again, We're back to the same 'ol chit.

We saw some silver lining by having the youth come up at times so now would be a good time

to cycle them in more often. Give the 'vets' less time and more rest every 2-3 games.

I don't care what it does now with the lines and chemistry since the one's who've played together the longest 

aren't showing any.

At least it wouldn't be a blatant "tanking" since we'd be able to give the youth more experience and exposure while weeding out players at trade deadline if possible. 

I know this idea has issues since all the stipulations of sending players back and forth, But however possible I want to see more of the youth here to really see what the near future holds and what trades soon and this summer can be looked at.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

Russo’s reported that Suters been leaving practices early because of a nagging injury...

Uh huh.  So that's why they keep playing him to death on the power play.  Or is it a vet that doesn't want to practice anymore?  Oh, we're supposed to work on the penalty kill?  Ah crap...my ankle hurts Gabby...sorry.  Boudreau turns to another coach, that's the 5th time he's done this during PK practice.  

7 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

The only reason the Wild got the Winter Classic is because they showed NBC and the NHL they could offer a better money making opportunity than anyone else. That and Leipold's continuous whining about it.

I'm just hoping these public embarrassments finally get Fan Boy #1 to realize he's just assembled a collection of names and not a team and allows the GM to do his thing and blow this team the f*#$ up...

It might be even uglier tomorrow night against the Lightning.  I don't think its a stretch to say we have a good chance of losing by 6-7 against them too.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

It might be even uglier tomorrow night against the Lightning.  I don't think its a stretch to say we have a good chance of losing by 6-7 against them too.  

Agree. We could see tonight  a similar embarrassment against the Lightning like we watched in the last game against Penguins.