Game 47: Flyers at Blues; 1/15/20 @ 8:00 PM EST

Howie58

8 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Damn good work by Philly on that 5 on 3 PK.

Some good patience shown, smarts on what lanes to cover, and made the right choices on hits along the boards.

How about that lame slashing call on Kubel, hes in on the forecheck , going after the player with the puck and the other Blues player sets a pick on Kubel and he lightly hooks his stick and gets a slashing penalty.  It should have been an interference call on St Louis. I hate the lame calls in todays NHL. The high hit on Konecny should have been 4 mins at least.

1 minute ago, Mad Dog said:

Infuriating... Just infuriating with this team.  Had an opportunity to put this game away.  Instead, it is tied and the Blues are storming.  😡

Was just thinking before you posted... "Flyers needed to bury this thing earlier"
Blues defense was looking vulnerable...not so much now.

• Annoyed 1

13 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

How about that lame slashing call on Kubel, hes in on the forecheck , going after the player with the puck and the other Blues player sets a pick on Kubel and he lightly hooks his stick and gets a slashing penalty.  It should have been an interference call on St Louis. I hate the lame calls in todays NHL. The high hit on Konecny should have been 4 mins at least.

I don't really subscribe to the 'conspiracy theories' when it comes to penalties called, but even I have to agree that St. Louis is not playing NEARLY as clean a game as their time on the PK is suggesting.....that is to say, they aren't taking many and are playing a mistake free game.
Of course, the eye test says otherwise.

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Was just thinking before you posted... "Flyers needed to bury this thing earlier"
Blues defense was looking vulnerable...not so much now.

Our top scorers are just not getting it done.  Pure and simple. Giroux is being a shadow of himself this year... 

• Like 1