Game 47: Flyers at Blues; 1/15/20 @ 8:00 PM EST

Howie58

28 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Then again....
"TRADE JAKE NOW...HIS VALUE WILL NEVER BE HIGHER!!" 😀

So funny didn't get to read through this thread before posting, but if you see my last post....

Get out my head!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Man NAK was very impressive with his physical play and ability to separate guys from the puck and then shield it and pass it to a teammate (see shift right before the first goal scored).

JVR needs to just watch him play and add that to his game and he would start scoring some goals-he is bigger than NAK but just doesn't have that motor.

This kid is a keeper.

Edited by OccamsRazor

8 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Then again....
"TRADE JAKE NOW...HIS VALUE WILL NEVER BE HIGHER!!" 😀

Haha! Posted this in another thread.  Too funny!

Jake has been strong last two games.what the hell woke him up?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

i get why there's alot of hate with fletch when he was with the wild but isnt more a fact that he didnt have the coaching that got him over the top?

I don't think it was the coaching, though maybe a contributing factor.   Yeo and Boudreau were both not great hires, though, IMO so you do have a point there.

I think he had a flawed team that was decent but never really on the same ice as Chicago, LA, etc., when it came to playoff hockey.   That said, the hate he does get probably is a bit over the top.    

7 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I don't think it was the coaching, though maybe a contributing factor.   Yeo and Boudreau were both not great hires, though, IMO so you do have a point there.

I think he had a flawed team that was decent but never really on the same ice as Chicago, LA, etc., when it came to playoff hockey.   That said, the hate he does get probably is a bit over the top.    

if the wild had a star goalie and a great coach, you think they would have beaten the blackhawks and la? i just think they never had a star goalie, that's why fletch had to trade for a goalie and he had to settle for lously coaches.

Edited by tucson83

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

That said, the hate he does get probably is a bit over the top.   

I agree. To me it fairly or unfairly is that he gets to much credit for the good prospects they find and too much blame for the bad ones.

It all should be a shared blame that reflects more on the whole scouting team. Chuckles like Hextall were just the the shot callers for lack of a better term in these decisions. They collect all the info and it falls on their shoulders to make the actual selection of these kids.

Now i am pretty sure without having any proof but when they are at their drafting tables they may actually take votes maybe on some of the selections and maybe some do actually come down to the GM making the call.

So even in free agency when it comes to trades and acquiring guys in the offseason i know they have to fall back on scouting reports too.

Sure a lot of it too goes into them either watching the live in games or reviewing game tape too but they make those too i think with help.

So i think that all was a long way of saying i think the Flyers scouting is just waaaay better than the Wild and that all to does fall on the GM who has assembled or at least help hire these guys.

So the scouting can always be better too. Sorry for the long post. I hate long winded stuff.

3 hours ago, CoachX said:

Haha! Posted this in another thread.  Too funny!

Jake has been strong last two games.what the hell woke him up?

The craziest part of that goal is it was only Jake's second shot of the whole game on net...

...i know shocking what he can do if he actually shoots the damn puck.

One of the best parts of the game last night was the story after not sure if anyone here seen it but it was about the little girl Laila Anderson and here battle with bone marrow cancer and her finally getting to met the donor who saved her life.

@hf101

Here is the video below...and i dare anyone here NOT to cry...

...i couldn't not. I lost it when i saw her dad hug this young man.

Can't even imagine what it would be like to hug the man who saved my daughter. Very moving.

It's story like this that make me feel good about humanity in this world.

There are good stories out there they just don't get the spotlight like the bad stuff does.

This stuff needs more press.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

One of the best parts of the game last night was the story after not sure if anyone here seen it but it was about the little girl Laila Anderson and here battle with bone marrow cancer and her finally getting to met the donor who saved her life.

@hf101

Here is the video below...and i dare anyone here NOT to cry...

...i couldn't not. I lost it when i saw her dad hug this young man.

Can't even imagine what it would be like to hug the man who saved my daughter. Very moving.

It's story like this that make me feel good about humanity in this world.

There are good stories out there they just don't get the spotlight like the bad stuff does.

This stuff needs more press.

your forum stock just rose 25 points

• Like 1

Nice story OC!

Regardless of what the TV and Interweb try to tell us, there are FAR more EXCELLENT people in the world then there are Sh*tty people. We as humans just seem to have a bad habit of putting said "Sh*tty people" into positions of GREAT power....

But I digress.... :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, MaineFlyFan said:

Regardless of what the TV and Interweb try to tell us, there are FAR more EXCELLENT people in the world then there are Sh*tty people

Boy, do I disagree with that premise. 

And being one of the more schittier schtty people, I've seen the membership roles. The rest is just math. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Boy, do I disagree with that premise. 

And being one of the more schittier schtty people, I've seen the membership roles. The rest is just math. 

HA! May I freshen up your HALF EMPTY cup of coffee??..... ;)

My dad always said, "half of life is knowing who you are and being okay with it".....I guess the other half is....Math?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1