Wild vs. Lightning 1/16/20 @ 7:00PM CST at the X

CreaseAndAssist

Bolts looked like they stepped up the SOG on Stalock, but too little too late towards the end of the period.
Wild will have a chance to reset during the intermission...……… or will the Lightning smooth out their defensive play and continue where they left off at period's end?

Stay tuned....
1-0 Wild on a Zach Parise PP goal after 1

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Bolts looked like they stepped up the SOG on Stalock, but too little too late towards the end of the period.
Wild will have a chance to reset during the intermission...……… or will the Lightning smooth out their defensive play and continue where they left off at period's end?

Stay tuned....
1-0 Wild on a Zach Parise PP goal after 1

Usually the Wild come out sleep walking in the second period, so this is far from over...

1 minute ago, IllaZilla said:

Usually the Wild come out sleep walking in the second period, so this is far from over...

For whatever reason, the Lighting have trouble winning in St. Paul.
They haven't won there since 2012 or some such.

I was at a game between TB and Min some years ago while I was a partial STH for Minnesota...decked out in Lightning gear (only time I visit the X wearing anything other than a Wild sweater), and the Bolts got killed that night something like 7-2 or something like that.

Fan next to me leans over and says, "I thought Florida was supposed to be good"
LOL at yea....the team not playing as well as they normally do (dismal in fact) in front of the Wild fans.

DOUBLE LOL at the State of Hockey fan who truly didn't realize there was a difference between the Florida Panthers and Tampa Bay Lightning.  :bigteeth: 

1 minute ago, bbgarnett said:

Hey all just got here. Moms truck broke down on the side of the road, wouldn't shift and is now on the side of the road smoking wiht it's four ways on.

Ouch...waiting on AAA or some such at least?
Sorry to hear that. Especially with as cold as it is out there (assuming you are in the upper Midwest).

Hope that all gets sorted fast!

53 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

No, this is like deciding between the son that got a PhD, married a Miss Universe, and has two prodigy children and Ricky from Trailerpark Boys...

If that ain't the darn truth.

5 minutes ago, bbgarnett said:

Hey all just got here. Moms truck broke down on the side of the road, wouldn't shift and is now on the side of the road smoking wiht it's four ways on.

At least it happened before the upcoming winter storm. See? The "bright side"

3 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Ouch...waiting on AAA or some such at least?
Sorry to hear that. Especially with as cold as it is out there (assuming you are in the upper Midwest).

Hope that all gets sorted fast!

yeah well she unfortunately doesn't have any roadside coverage and my brother is 30 miles into Wisconsin, she was less than 2 minutes from home. sucks as she tried to pull it off as far as she could but it not won't go.  so hopefully he can tow strap it at least to home for the time being or something.

Just now, MNSOTA said:

At least it happened before the upcoming winter storm. See? The "bright side"

yeah but it'll probably be stuck on the side of the road when the snow happens.  My brother is gonna try and and tow strap it home when he can.

3 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

Lightning bench Kucherov and go 12-2-1. Wonder what would happen if Boudreau benched, say, Koivu?

Hey, we just have to be thankful he's been shunted down to the 4th line and has been there for a while this game.