Game 48: Flyers vs Canadiens 01/16/19 at 7 PM

OccamsRazor

Alright coming off a huge win against the top team in the NHL is very huge.

I'm proud of them for keeping the fight going through that game after falling behind early then scoring 3 straight goals after some very questionable calls in favor of the Blues.

They overcame that instead of it taking the wind out of their sails. They found a way to win with a very very impressive goal by Jake that may easily be his best goal all year.

So now today is the day to avoid the let down against and lesser opponent who are having some very real issues within the club.

The good news is they get to swap Stewart out for Farabee and that is a nice upgrade. It would be nice if Joel can find a way to contribute more though seems he has hit a wall.

Image result for flyers goal vs canadiens gif

FLYERS

28 Claude Giroux - 13 Kevin Hayes - 11 Travis Konecny
12 Michael Raffl - 14 Sean Couturier - 93 Jakub Voracek
25 James van Riemsdyk - 21 Scott Laughton - 62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel
49 Joel Farabee - 82 Connor Bunnaman - 18 Tyler Pitlick

9 Ivan Provorov - 15 Matt Niskanen
6 Travis Sanheim - 5 Phil Myers
8 Robert Hägg - 59 Mark Friedman

34 Alex Lyon / 37 Brian Elliott

Power Play 1: Giroux, JVR, Konecny, Hayes, Provorov.
Power Play 2: Couturier, Aube-Kubel, Voracek, Sanheim, Niskanen.

Note: If 44 Chris Stewart clears waivers and is assigned to Lehigh Valley, 49 Joel Farabee could be recalled and start. If Stewart is not sent to the Phantoms, projected lineup would be the same as Wednesday, with Tyler Pitlick at LW4 and Stewart at RW4. Farabee's recall would move Pitlick to RW4.

Scratches: 79 Carter Hart (abdominal muscle strain), 62 Justin Braun (groin), 53 Shayne Gostisbehere (knee).
LTIR: 55 Sam Morin (torn ACL, out for season), 23 Oskar Lindblom (Ewing sarcoma, out for season), 19 Nolan Patrick (migraines).

CANADIENS

90 Tomas Tatar -- 24 Phillip Danault -- 17 Ilya Kovalchuk
62 Artturi Lehkonen -- 13 Max Domi -- 14 Nick Suzuki
25 Ryan Poehling -- 15 Jesperi Kotkaniemi --21 Nick Cousins
43 Jordan Weal -- 44 Nate Thompson - 22 Dale Weise

8 Ben Chiarot -- 6 Shea Weber
28 Mike Reilly - 26 Jeff Petry
53 Victor Mete -- 20 Cale Fleury

31 Carey Price
[39 Charlie Lindgren]

Power Play 1: Domi, i Kotkaniemi, Weal, Kovalchuk, Weber
Power Play 2: Tatar, Lehkonen, Danault, Suzuki, Petry

Scratches: 11 Brendan Gallagher (head, day-to-day), 77 Brett Kulak (healthy).
IR: 40 Joel Armia (hand), 41 Paul Byron (knee), 92 Jonathan Drouin (left wrist surgery).

Just win the game time for a new win streak. Alex Lion's first start of the year in the NHL i hope he is up for the task. I hope the team plays well in front of him.

Greetings:

The bookies install us as mild favorite:

https://winnersandwhiners.com/games/nhl/1-16-2020/montreal-canadiens-vs-philadelphia-flyers-prediction-6974/

Both teams are operating on back-to-back.  The Canadiens may be angry after a shellacking.  We may be emotionally drained after a hard won overtime.  

Lyon's performance over eight games with the parent team can't be termed inspired.  Let's keep our fingers crossed.  

https://www.nhl.com/player/alex-lyon-8479312

33 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

In 37 games since Oct. 29, Couturier owns 36 points (11 goals, 25 assists) and a plus-22 rating

Is that the best he can do?

Slacker! 

Hope he doesnt have a baby

• Haha 1

What really bugs me about this team,  is the Jekyl and go"hide" personality I get that they wont win every game. I get that right now they will most likely lose more than win. I accept that they are most likely a playoff bubble team. I can accept all that.

What irritates me is the manner in which the lose. How can you play so good against Was, Bos and Stl, and get the **** stomped out of you by teams you are favored to beat? That suggests to me that the area of the game with the most weaknesses is the space between the players' ears. I don't blame the coach or management. I lay this solely on them.

As a fan, I can watch a game where my team is favored to lose, hoping they skate hard and earn a win. I keep hoping to see improvement as the team grows to contention. It just really blows goats when they come out flat and have their asses handed to them like they are a preseason AHL scrimmage squad

GO FLYERS!

Wow jump in the shower and get out and it's 3-1.

Why dear God can't they blow out the teams they should easily beat.

This team is so maddening.

I'm done I will go watch Sneeky Pete on Prime such a good series....better than this sh it feast.

2 hours ago, CoachX said:

What really bugs me about this team,  is the Jekyl and go"hide" personality I get that they wont win every game. I get that right now they will most likely lose more than win. I accept that they are most likely a playoff bubble team. I can accept all that.

What irritates me is the manner in which the lose. How can you play so good against Was, Bos and Stl, and get the **** stomped out of you by teams you are favored to beat? That suggests to me that the area of the game with the most weaknesses is the space between the players' ears. I don't blame the coach or management. I lay this solely on them.

As a fan, I can watch a game where my team is favored to lose, hoping they skate hard and earn a win. I keep hoping to see improvement as the team grows to contention. It just really blows goats when they come out flat and have their asses handed to them like they are a preseason AHL scrimmage squad

GO FLYERS!

Wow sorry I posted before reading your post I could have said yeah what coach said.

I'm out I have better things to do.

3 hours ago, CoachX said:

t just really blows goats when they come out flat and have their asses handed to them like they are a preseason AHL scrimmage squad

I just watched the goals against on my phone and Lyon was sh it on all 3 goals...please get him the f**k out of there....

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I just watched the goals against on my phone and Lyon was sh it on all 3 goals...please get him the f**k out of there....

He's not even supposed to be here and will be gone.

Still doesn't explain one goal on home ice.

1 minute ago, radoran said:

Still doesn't explain one goal on home ice.

Sure not going to defend that especially against a team that got lit up last night 4-1 by the Blackhawks.

In fact i stopped watching after the 3rd goal...this team needs Clozapine or Risperidone prescribed by @pilldoc ASAP!!!!!!

• Like 2