Game 48: Flyers vs Canadiens 01/16/19 at 7 PM

OccamsRazor

1 hour ago, radoran said:

No problem with experimenting with pairings, either.

Yeah I may have overlooked or completely forgot that comment.

All I want is for them to utilize all their assets.

Move guys where it takes to succeed regardless of where they are drafted or what they are paid.

This team still has it's issues.

Until they show they don't they are there the frequency of their reappearance may vary is all.

• Like 1

Here's some player comments:

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/video/116-postgame-players/t-277437426/c-5120269

Farabee talks about how "the flight, and stuff like that, it definitely takes a toll..."

Well, great, but do you think the Habs who played in Chicago while you were in St. Louis (and lost 4-1) got here by Scotty beaming them to the Wells Fargo Center?

To be fair, he does say "at the end of the day we need a better effort."

Then it cuts to Giroux talking about the in in STL being "a big win, an emotional win. And sometimes after an emotional win it's hard to get up the next day. No excuses."

Ladies and gentlemen, your Captain. "No excuses" following what is clearly an excuse. If you go into a game thinking of all the reasons you don't have to (or "can't") get up for it, you don't get up for it.

You're being paid $100,914.63 per game. That was worth 0 g, 0 a, 0 p, -1, 2 shots, 1 hit, 6-6 FW, a giveaway and an 0-4 power play in 26 shifts.

No excuses.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Amen you're preaching to the choir...that is my point honestly i think every day that passes his value is sliding away...sliding south and they need to move while they can. This offseason would be it to me...it needs to go down.

Sure but we also don't know that it won't either.

So hey what if it was???

You replace them with two young HUNGRY players with something to prove who knows what takes place.

As you pointed out is it so hard to replace a 63 point and 55 point forwards????

I agree i can't deal with this any longer....we are both going to be on blast the rest of the day for our comments. But i don't care i am tired of not having hockey that i can stand to watch anymore. I'm  tired of watching a strange collection of talent like the Yotes have come in and out work and out hustle my beloved Flyers any longer.

It needs to change it is time to hold the players accountable and move the ones out who don't fit anymore and brings some in that do.

You prolly know how I feel, moving G would have a negative impact on remaining players, so dont do it

However, if it happened i wouldnt have a coronary or stroke out. In fact, you could be right. 

Whether or not he gets moved, you make greats points, and I agree, this team is boring and not fun to watch

(Hagg getting his ass whipped without throwing a punch made me wanna puke)

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, radoran said:

Here's some player comments:

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/video/116-postgame-players/t-277437426/c-5120269

Farabee talks about how "the flight, and stuff like that, it definitely takes a toll..."

Well, great, but do you think the Habs who played in Chicago while you were in St. Louis (and lost 4-1) got here by Scotty beaming them to the Wells Fargo Center?

To be fair, he does say "at the end of the day we need a better effort."

Then it cuts to Giroux talking about the in in STL being "a big win, an emotional win. And sometimes after an emotional win it's hard to get up the next day. No excuses."

Ladies and gentlemen, your Captain. "No excuses" following what is clearly an excuse. If you go into a game thinking of all the reasons you don't have to (or "can't") get up for it, you don't get up for it.

You're being paid $100,914.63 per game. That was worth 0 g, 0 a, 0 p, -1, 2 shots, 1 hit, 6-6 FW, a giveaway and an 0-4 power play in 26 shifts.

No excuses.

Can we cut the millionaire professional hockey player who is team captain, a break.....

He just had a baby

4 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Can we cut the millionaire professional hockey player who is team captain, a break.....

He just had a baby

I am assuming that is a joke??

No way i'm cutting him any slack...it's what he gets paid for...in fact his job should still be a priority to provide for his expanding family.

He is not the only athlete to have a baby and still have to play...i'm not cutting him any slack. I want him to lead this team by example.

He has a lot of kid looking up to him for direction and inspiration this team needs him now more than ever.

No time for losers.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I am assuming that is a joke??

No way i'm cutting him any slack...it's what he gets paid for...in fact his job should still be a priority to provide for his expanding family.

He is not the only athlete to have a baby and still have to play...i'm not cutting him any slack. I want him to lead this team by example.

He has a lot of kid looking up to him for direction and inspiration this team needs him now more than ever.

No time for losers.

It was actually me taking a shot at another poster, and a definite joke

I totally agree. This team needs someone to step up. He should be the one. It goes with the title

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, radoran said:

Fixed it for you...

:hithead:

One of the hardest parts of this game to swallow was one of the few guys on the ice lazier than JVR actually scored 2 goals.

Let that sink in for a minute...

13 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

One of the hardest parts of this game to swallow was one of the few guys on the ice lazier than JVR actually scored 2 goals.

Let that sink in for a minute...

Isnt that always the case? We make the other teams scrubs look like superstars

Pat Maroon beat us all by himself