Alex Ovechkin: 700 Career Goals

1 hour ago, SaucyJack said:

Well, yes, people *love* oven 🐔 especially when sitting down to watch their Caps.  Tender, flaky, and healthier than rubbery broiled 🐔 or greasy fried 🐔.  And so tasty on the power play!

If only we could watch Oven🐔 play the Fryers, I mean Flyers every night - mmm mmm good!   😋 

Well then...
NOW we know why they call you SaucyJack... I bet you add some sauce to that oven chicken, eh? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

On 3/14/2021 at 9:57 AM, OccamsRazor said:

Flyers help Ovenchicken reach some goals tonight sadly...

Well it's about time someone gets milestones against a team other than Toronto. My goodness. Ovechkin probably has 100 of his career goals against Toronto.  😮

13 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Ovechkin probably has 100 of his career goals against Toronto.  😮

Not that many, but this does confirm your angst that the Leafs have suffered the largest burden of any team from Ovie’s exploits.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thestatszone.com/the-stats-room/a-breakdown-of-alex-ovechkins-700-nhl-goals-746197/amp

So it’s a year old.  Still...

Edited by SaucyJack
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Well it's about time someone gets milestones against a team other than Toronto. My goodness. Ovechkin probably has 100 of his career goals against Toronto.  😮

Tampa suffered the most -he was able to put 48 goals against. Toronto was a 3rd team - 41 goals. Flyers on a 7th place-received 34 goals from Ovechkin, when he reached 700 goals in his career. Now probably even more.

This season is short(56 games), which means it will slow down his run to the top of the table to reach Wayne.

22 hours ago, SaucyJack said:

Well, yes, people *love* oven 🐔 especially when sitting down to watch their Caps.  Tender, flaky, and healthier than rubbery broiled 🐔 or greasy fried 🐔.  And so tasty on the power play!

If only we could watch Oven🐔 play the Fryers, I mean Flyers every night - mmm mmm good!   😋

There was a time - many, many, many moons ago was this time* - where the sandwich purveyor Chik-Fil-A gave away a free sandwich to ticket holders the day after the Fryers, er, Flyers scored four goals.

Early in Master Ovechkin's storied career, his Capitals were visiting Philadelphia and - as my admittedly frazzkled and bedazzled mind recalls - the Fryers, er, Flyers took an early 4-1 or so lead, thus earning us the opportunity to join together in a rousing rendition of the Chicken Dance and also to feast heartily on a delicious sandwich the next day.

Upon scoring the fifth goal, a younger and possibly mildly inebriated man sitting in my seat yelled "with six you get Overchicken".

And here we are today, recalling that which none but a select few heretofore recalled.

I think the Flyers wound up winning 6-5 and Overchicken had a hat trick or something. It's possible the level of inebriation exceeded the mild stage at some point of the evening.

God help me, I'm @blocker.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

* it if helps you to understand, it was the style at the time to hang an onion on your belt.

Edited by radoran

Watching some Islanders at Capitals right now to see if Ovechkin can add to his totals.

He will have a tough go of it from the looks of the early going as NY has their structured defense going, and is doing a good job in keeping Ovie and his offense in their own end for the most part.

I don't think we will see Ovie move up further on the list till at least next season though.
He still is a dangerous scorer, but his rate of goals has slowed considerably the last season or two.

19 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

But it's 41 G in 50 GP against Toronto. That's the worst in the NHL. He has many more games against Tampa. 

Agree. Not the best stats for Toronto, but still is not 100G as you mentioned before. Maybe someday he will reach that number. 🤔. Actually, Toronto team is doing much better now. Not an easy team to play against. All his goals Ovechkin will gain this season mainly from the teams of East Division. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Per the numerous galline references in this thread, and per the Further Exploits of Oven Chicken tonight (4th all-time on 2 goal games) and not to fowl things up too much further, I captured the following in the last minute of play in tonight’s Caps shutout of the Devils.   

314296D9-476F-4286-A76D-F08D9C1A852C.jpeg

@SaucyJack

Well, at least they WERE galline commentary, which are much more versatile, as opposed to bovine commentary, which would have been COMPLETELY out of line. :shifty: 

And yes, I watched that NJ-Wsh game, and Alex did some very Ovechkin things in that one, backing up Samsonov's shut out.