Game 50: Penguins at Flyers;1/21/20 7:30 PM

Howie58

Allowing for the fact this was Pitt's 11th game in 20 days, it's still a good win.  The team was just that and Elliott was really solid. Justin Braun is becoming a big-time scorer...did I hear his third in three games.  Maybe his trade value will never be higher.  

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

11 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

Like I said I don't watch every game. 

That AZ game was terrible if I remember the outrage on the site correctly. Also on that road trip they would give up 3 goals in 2 minutes,  pretty regularly.  Depending on when that happens during a game it can take some juju from a team. Not an excuse but an observation. 

I don't think I'm telling you the sky is green here either.

They're on pace to significantly improve upon last year. I don't think they suck or are a bunch of fags. 

Taste is in your mouth.

EDIT: that road trip was where they found out about Lindblom's Ewings sarcoma wasn't it? I'm sure that affected them negatively, since it can be deadly and isn't a hamstring...

I guess when you dont watch every game, its easy to see things through orange/black colored glasses. Props to the eternal optimist. You never run out of excuses

No. They knew about Lindblom before the west coast debacle. And they played strong through Dec. There are no excuses, they just sucked. 

They might significantly improve as a team by actually making the playoffs. When you pkayed as bad as they have in the last seasons there is nowhere but up to go. However, they arent good enough to make an impact or actually contend. At the end of the season, you might see a better recors, but you will also see a major decline in point total for the teams best players. Once again, thats what this discussion is about

11 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

They're on pace to significantly improve upon last year. I don't think they suck or are a bunch of fags. 

Taste is in your mouth.

Not sure WTF this comment means, but im sure there are plenty of therapists working where you live

49 minutes ago, CoachX said:

No. They knew about Lindblom before the west coast debacle. And they played strong through Dec. There are no excuses, they just sucked. 

Is this right ? I didn't know that either.

49 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Not sure WTF this comment means, but im sure there are plenty of therapists working where you live

come now,  you're a smart fellow, it means I see the team differently than you.

I am married to a great therapist, I use skills she teaches me frequently and to great success. It

is a shame mental health is viewed similarily to weakness of character.

I guess when you dont watch every game, its easy to see things through orange/black colored glasses. Props to the eternal optimist. You never run out of excuses

I am not an eternal optimist, I don't, however view many things through the same lens as you. 

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

They were playing lights out before the Christmas break and we know how that went coming out of it.

They can not afford to do that again coming off this break.

The standings are so tight with very few games remaining.

And I know you know that I know you know that.

However yes very big win tonight and it was even sweeter to see them hang on and give Elliott the shutout.

Now rest up.

it is a good win but the core has to really step up for this team to make the playoffs, cant afford no off games or else we will be picking in the lottery, i dont know maybe we will get new jersey's luck in getting Lafreniere and this team will take off next year.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

it is a good win but the core has to really step up for this team to make the playoffs, cant afford no off games or else we will be picking in the lottery, i dont know maybe we will get new jersey's luck in getting Lafreniere and this team will take off next year.

Sure but name a team who doesn't need their core to step up to make the playoffs.

That goes for every team.

What this team needs is to do it consistently.

Every game...home or on the road.

Bring it every night regardless who they are facing they do that it will all take care of itself.

They are 3 points from the 3rd seed in the Metro.

So their goal is right there to be taken.

All they have to do is keep finding ways to grind out some wins. And some regulation or OT wins would be preferable since they are losing the ROW tie breaker right now.

It's a tight race for several teams no one can afford to slip up. But some team always does.

They need to rest up and come out the break winning.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

They need to rest up and come out the break winning.

7 of their first 11 games after the break are against teams ahead of them in the Metro - 2 FLA, 2 CLS, WAS, NYI, PIT - plus the Avs and the Bolts (with the Dead Things and NJD as well).

Their fate is truly in their hands.

1 hour ago, radoran said:

7 of their first 11 games after the break are against teams ahead of them in the Metro - 2 FLA, 2 CLS, WAS, NYI, PIT - plus the Avs and the Bolts (with the Dead Things and NJD as well).

Their fate is truly in their hands.

That is the way I would want it.

You don't have to rely on anyone to help you.

Slay your foes feast on the victories to rise in the standings.

Good then no excuses left for why they wouldn't get up for these games unless they'd rather be golfing in April...

• Like 1