Minnesota Wild vs Florida Panthers, Monday 1-20-20, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

Panthers' Last Second Goal Dooms Wild in 5-4 Loss

A soft goal given up by Stalock lets the Panthers tie it up and then a last second deflection wins it.  Too bad considering how much the Wild dominated long stretches of the game.  I thought the 3rd line of Eriksson Ek, Kunin and Foligno were again outstanding.  I would imagine Stalock falls on the sword after this game; instead of just saying its no big deal like Dubnyk would.  I have full game recap, Iowa Wild highlights and prospect news too...

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

High stick?

Definitely high stick. Crap call by the refs. Just like Torts said a few weeks back the calls are s***. The refs need to get their acts together and ref like they should and call stuff that should be called and not call that a goal because it was truly a high stick. 

The Wild fought hard. This loss wasn't on the wild it was on the stupid refs. 

Edited by DevinWieser

2 minutes ago, DevinWieser said:

Definitely high stick. Crap call by the refs. Just like Torts said a few weeks back the calls are s***. The refs need to get their acts together and ref like they should and call stuff that should be called and not call that a goal because it was truly a high stick. 

The Wild fought hard. This loss wasn't on the wild it was on the stupid refs. 

Meh...Acciari's goal doesn't matter if Stalock doesn't give up that yogurt soft goal to Trocheck a few minutes before that.  

27 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Panthers' Last Second Goal Dooms Wild in 5-4 Loss

A soft goal given up by Stalock lets the Panthers tie it up and then a last second deflection wins it.  Too bad considering how much the Wild dominated long stretches of the game.  I thought the 3rd line of Eriksson Ek, Kunin and Foligno were again outstanding.  I would imagine Stalock falls on the sword after this game; instead of just saying its no big deal like Dubnyk would.  I have full game recap, Iowa Wild highlights and prospect news too...

Yes. It was.

LIG, regarding your imagination on Stalock did  you mean a harakiri? 🤔

I am still thinking about a frustrating end of the game. The 4th soft goal cost us a lot. The Wild team knew Panthers is a high scoring team. Maybe the option for the last 5 minutes of the game(we lost 2 goals in that frame) was just to go into the extremely deep defense from all players to help Stalock or maybe even to replace him on Dubnyk after the 4th goal just to hold the score in addition to the deep defense? 

Edited by Alexandron