Hockey Day Minnesota 2021 in Mankato

wild.source

Go to it and enjoy it.  I remember when it was in Elk River in 2014.  So glad I went home to be there.  Not sure where you'd hold it in Mankato but I'd imagine the city could make it pretty special.  

Will we see East vs. West game?!?!  It'd be good to see the Mavericks get some love...

13 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Go to it and enjoy it.  I remember when it was in Elk River in 2014.  So glad I went home to be there.  Not sure where you'd hold it in Mankato but I'd imagine the city could make it pretty special.  

Will we see East vs. West game?!?!  It'd be good to see the Mavericks get some love...

I heard Blakeslee Stadium, an outdoor football field. I live about an hour South from Mankato, on the MN/IA border.

20 hours ago, DevinWieser said:

I heard Blakeslee Stadium, an outdoor football field. I live about an hour South from Mankato, on the MN/IA border.

Honestly, go to it.  Its a fun atmosphere.  I think @Antti_Laxative has been to a few of them if memory serves me correctly.  

3 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Honestly, go to it.  Its a fun atmosphere.  I think @Antti_Laxative has been to a few of them if memory serves me correctly.  

Yup - Hermantown, Lake Minnetonka and Grand Rapids.  I wish I had gone to the one at your home rink in Elk River - looked like a cool place (I remember great background shots on TV of kids sliding down a hill to the rink)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Antti_Laxative said:

Yup - Hermantown, Lake Minnetonka and Grand Rapids.  I wish I had gone to the one at your home rink in Elk River - looked like a cool place (I remember great background shots on TV of kids sliding down a hill to the rink)

Yes, that's the hill right behind Handke school.  It has always been a destination sledding spot.  Its pretty damn steep, but the transition to a flat surface is pretty abrupt, kind of what you'd expect in a pit I guess.  

• Like 1

On 1/22/2020 at 7:39 AM, CreaseAndAssist said:

Yes, that's the hill right behind Handke school.  It has always been a destination sledding spot.  Its pretty damn steep, but the transition to a flat surface is pretty abrupt, kind of what you'd expect in a pit I guess.  

Sounds fun