Minnesota Wild vs Detroit Red Wings, Wednesday 1-22-20, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

https://wp.me/p9DWHB-4jQw

Minnesota Wild (22-21-6)  50pts  7th in the Central

3.08 Goals For Per Game (14th in the NHL)

3.31 Goals Against Per Game (27th in the NHL)

20.5% Power Play (13th in the NHL)

75.2% Penalty Kill (27th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #12 Eric Staal ~ 16G 20A = 36pts

2. #20 Ryan Suter ~ 7G 28A = 35pts

3. #11 Zach Parise ~ 19G 12A = 31pts

4. #16 Jason Zucker ~ 13G 14A = 27pts

5. #22 Kevin Fiala ~ 9G 18A = 27pts

Top 3 PIM's:

1. #38 Ryan Hartman ~ 50 PIM's

2. #19 Luke Kunin ~ 48 PIM's

3. #18 Jordan Greenway ~ 39 PIM's

Top Goaltenders:

1. #32 Alex Stalock (11-8-3)  2.93GAA  .903%SP  2SO

2. #40 Devan Dubnyk (8-12-2)  3.35GAA  .891%SP  1SO

Vs.

Detroit Red Wings (12-34-4)  28pts  8th in the Atlantic

2.12 Goals For Per Game (31st in the NHL)

3.88 Goals Against Per Game (31st in the NHL)

14.4% Power Play (29th in the NHL)

73.3% Penalty Kill (31st in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #59 Tyler Bertuzzi ~ 17G 19A = 36pts

2. #71 Dylan Larkin ~ 13G 22A = 35pts

3. #17 Filip Hronek ~ 9G 17A = 26pts

4. #14 Robby Fabbri ~ 10G 13A = 23pts

5. #51 Valterri Filppula ~ 3G 12A = 15pts

Top 3 PIM's:

1. #17 Filip Hronek ~ 40 PIM's

2. #43 Darren Helm ~ 31 PIM's

3. #52 Mike Green ~ 28 PIM's

Top Goaltenders:

1. #35 Jimmy Howard (2-18-2)  4.11GAA  .883%SP

2. #31 Calvin Pickard (0-2-0)  5.46GAA  .797%SP

dead Things fan coming in peace. we are awful this year, dreadful of near biblical proportions. Least amount of goals scored, most given up, on pace for less than 50 points, our goalie hasn't won since October and is 2-20. I watch every game still but god are they bad.

I have watched a couple Wild games over the past week, looks like Kunin and Eriksson Ek have really developed chemistry. EE looks like a pass first kind of guy while Kunin looks like a shoot first ask questions later type, good duo. Just my two cents.

Anyway, good luck tonight, of course you wont need it, the Wings are 13 points behind the next worst team in hockey so we are 13 points behind bad, lol. Just gotta hope that Yzerman hires Gallant before someone else does and we get the first pick in the draft.

My prediction 5-1 Wild

• Like 3

1 hour ago, yave1964 said:

dead Things fan coming in peace. we are awful this year, dreadful of near biblical proportions. Least amount of goals scored, most given up, on pace for less than 50 points, our goalie hasn't won since October and is 2-20. I watch every game still but god are they bad.

I have watched a couple Wild games over the past week, looks like Kunin and Eriksson Ek have really developed chemistry. EE looks like a pass first kind of guy while Kunin looks like a shoot first ask questions later type, good duo. Just my two cents.

Anyway, good luck tonight, of course you wont need it, the Wings are 13 points behind the next worst team in hockey so we are 13 points behind bad, lol. Just gotta hope that Yzerman hires Gallant before someone else does and we get the first pick in the draft.

My prediction 5-1 Wild

Apparently you've never watched the Wild.

This is a classic trap game for them.

They tried to run-and-gun with the Panthers a couple of days ago and managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. So now they have supposedly an easy game and they will come out flat. Then they'll skate around like a bunch of Pee Wee's making all sorts of mental mistakes before finally losing the game in the closing minutes. 

Then they'll talk about having to put a run together to get into the Playoffs. And that's what they do. Talk.

Kunin and Ek are alright. It's a good thing Ek is pass first because he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. Kind of disheartening that two first round picks are comprising the checking line...

Edited by IllaZilla

6 hours ago, yave1964 said:

My prediction 5-1 Wild

your welcome here anytime 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, EJ0226 said:

Trap game and Dubnyk is starting. This could be a feel good game for the Wings. I see a 5-2 game with Suter scoring at least on goal in on the Wild.

Looks like you got your wish...with the Suter deflection...#Nostradamus...

• Haha 1

Three 2nd Period Goals Lift Wild to 4-2 Win Over Detroit

A pretty ugly game in a lot of ways, but they stepped up and did enough to get a win.  We're lucky Detroit is that bad; otherwise this kind of effort wouldn't yield too many victories.  The Wild's best line was the 4th line minus Koivu who looked slow as hell all night.  We saw some octopus tonight, not sure why...but whatever.  Its a win...not sure too many fans are that excited about it.  All Star Break here we come!  Full game recap, an extended Iowa Wild report and prospect news too.  

• Like 1

Pulling the goalie with 4+ minutes down by 2....Lol...Why not?

Thankfully it didn't work since I'm not a fan of doing that.

I came in when it was 4-2 and at least the guys kept playing and not so much a defensive turtle.

Could've made it more comfortable with Foligno's almost, But given who they were playing and Dubnyk not playing for a while...Not bad.

2 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

I want to know how the octopi got into Xcel. I can’t get in there with more than my phone and wallet and yet two raw octopi make it onto the ice...

Excuse me sir - is that octopus slime oozing down your pantleg or are you just happy to see me.

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

Looks like you got your wish...with the Suter deflection...#Nostradamus...

Lol to bad there isn't a stat to how many goals you deflect into your own goal. Suter will be # 1 for sure.

10 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Three 2nd Period Goals Lift Wild to 4-2 Win Over Detroit

A pretty ugly game in a lot of ways, but they stepped up and did enough to get a win.  We're lucky Detroit is that bad; otherwise this kind of effort wouldn't yield too many victories.  The Wild's best line was the 4th line minus Koivu who looked slow as hell all night.  We saw some octopus tonight, not sure why...but whatever.  Its a win...not sure too many fans are that excited about it.  All Star Break here we come!  Full game recap, an extended Iowa Wild report and prospect news too.  

My thoughts exactly. The Wild are absolutely luckly they played the Wings with their performance because any other team would have made the Wild pay for it. I honestly thought when they pulled their goalie with 4 minutes left they would tie the game maybe even win it. I was more impressed the Wings came up empty handed during that span then the Wild actually winning.

I hope during the break BG is able to finally staple open Leipolds eyes and show him we need to go into rebuild now. Time to let Koivu go. See if you can drive out Suter and Parise. See if you can get Zucker, Spurgeon and Dumba gone too. Get young and hungry players back into the system. Get control of the ship.

Sad reality is that the Wild have to rebuild. Either do it now or suffer a few more years when some of the anchor contracts finally expire and do it then. You can sometimes get lucky and buy a championship but majority of the time it bites you in the @ss. I feel for both BG and BB. Both are in bad spots.

2 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

I want to know how the octopi got into Xcel. I can’t get in there with more than my phone and wallet and yet two raw octopi make it onto the ice...

Prison wallet....? 🤔😬

On 1/22/2020 at 1:11 PM, yave1964 said:

My prediction 5-1 Wild

I agree with you yave1964 regarding your team. I do not remember such a poor results for the Red Wings. Hope, your team will get a real #1 overall draft pick this season. Wish your team all the best. Hope, you will pick a better goalie too. Sincerely, from my observation,  Detroit Red Wings team started gradually to fall/to roll down , as soon as Pavel Datsyuk moved to the KHL. Maybe I am wrong, but I did not see anyone else who could be his replacement since.

• Like 1