What the hell..........

fan4ever

That sucks...I'm guessing because it ended their title drought ?  It was a nothing shot played poorly by a career AHLer... oh well. At least they didn't make Brian Campbell's stick save on Jeff Carter the save of the century or some ****. 

Kane has scored about 100 goals prettier than that one.  

19 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

#triggered

Why not just give Leon Stickle the Order of Canada while we're at it and put me out of my misery!

whats the order of canada?

Is that like a big mac at mcdonalds, or a hot cup from Brashear?

Edited by CoachX

3 hours ago, CoachX said:

whats the order of canada?

Is that like a big mac at mcdonalds, or a hot cup from Brashear?

If it's anything like the Order of Australia, it's a public honour similar to a knighthood but without a lot of the colonial baggage. 

7 hours ago, fan4ever said:

Breaking: Michael Leighton will NOT be named NHL goalie of the decade.

• Haha 3

Obviously, this is related to the Hawks ending their title drought. The goal itself is really nothing special, as has been noted.

It would be hard for me to believe that the "goal of the decade" came six months into the decade and that there wasn't a bigger one since, except that the best album of the '80s was released in (the United States) in January, 1980... 😎 (don't @ me, bro)

In the end, these sorts of lists are interesting for the people that make these sorts of lists.

• Like 3
  • Good Post 1

10 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

It's not only the best album of the 1980s, it's possibly the best of all time!

Released in 1979 in the UK, it topped the NME "best albums of the 70s" and then topped Rolling Stone's Best Album of the 1980s in America.

So it's the best album in two different decades. (And, yes, is a solid (my) candidate for GOAT).

Kane's goal wasn't even the best goal of 2010. :56ce4e56dc2e8_HighFiveSmileys:

Edited by radoran
  • Like 2

On 1/22/2020 at 3:07 PM, Podein25 said:

#triggered

Why not just give Leon Stickle the Order of Canada while we're at it and put me out of my misery!

Leon Stickle.  I heard he goes around telling people that he didn’t cause the Flyers to lose the cup but instead started a dynasty.  What a POS.

First of all...Leaky Leighton never moved on that shot and it was no heat seaking missile! Was not obstructed from what I remember...any decent goalie gets something on that shot to deflect it!! Scary to think but if Leighton wins that game and game 7 back in Philly...he probably signs s 8 year deal...lol

Second...my Uncle Dan (RIP) met Stickle in a bar and bought a round for him...Hab fan so was not pissed BUT he did say my nephew ....who is a Flyers fan says "you suck donkey balls"!! So I got an indirect shot in.

..LOL!

• Like 1

On 1/24/2020 at 6:24 PM, jammer2 said:

Second...my Uncle Dan (RIP) met Stickle in a bar and bought a round for him...Hab fan so was not pissed BUT he did say my nephew ....who is a Flyers fan says "you suck donkey balls"!! So I got an indirect shot in.

..LOL!

Strong work, Jammer!!

On 1/24/2020 at 7:50 PM, Podein25 said:

Seriously?

I'm always serious...🤪

Yes.  I was told that by another retired NHL linesman.

• Like 2

On 1/22/2020 at 3:26 PM, mojo1917 said:

That sucks...I'm guessing because it ended their title drought ?  It was a nothing shot played poorly by a career AHLer... oh well. At least they didn't make Brian Campbell's stick save on Jeff Carter the save of the century or some ****. 

Kane has scored about 100 goals prettier than that one.  

It was an OT Stanley cup winner that’s why. 

At at least Joe Carter actually hit the ball hard and fair and out of the park.  Kane barely flipped a shot at an AHL goalie who’d herniated a disc in his back in game 1 and didn’t tell anyone because he thought he could be a hero.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, King Knut said:

Kane barely flipped a shot at an AHL goalie who’d herniated a disc in his back in game 1 and didn’t tell anyone because he thought he could be a hero

why didnt we all pitch in an buy him a porsche?

4 hours ago, King Knut said:

At at least Joe Carter actually hit the ball hard and fair and out of the park.

Biggest home run is Jays history and also gave Bill Mazeroski a second career in baseball as the "But I did it in 7" guy. :) 

The SkyDome was an amazing place for baseball back then.