Gritty gettin gritty

CoachX

Per FOX NEWS story,

Philadelphia Flyers mascot Gritty accused of punching teen at season ticket holders' event

weird story. dont know what to make of it, but regardless of outcome, Santa Claus is off the hook

• Haha 1

Just now, Podein25 said:

Lol, you beat me to it!

Looks scammy to me. In a real Philly kinda way, lol

It does for sure. I don't trust media, but based on reported facts, it sounds like BS. And seeing how the guy is from Delaware, I'm really smelling cow flatulence           

56 minutes ago, CoachX said:

It does for sure. I don't trust media, but based on reported facts, it sounds like BS. And seeing how the guy is from Delaware, I'm really smelling cow flatulence           

Lol. You will have to explain the Delaware thing to me.

47 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Lol. You will have to explain the Delaware thing to me.

little tiny state just south of Philly..... home and birthplace of a certain smarmy Po-po that has an affinity for escalators, dogs and blue hairs inn wheelchairs

It's odd that if it did happen, it wasn't caught on video. At these sorts of events at least one person has their phone out videoing things at any one time

Edit : his twitter has gone quiet so people are just replying to his most recent tweet which is a video of him using a bin as a drum 

Screenshot_20200123-112803_TweetCaster__1579741201_196.52.60.22.jpg

Edited by Puck_Pun

20 hours ago, Puck_Pun said:

It's odd that if it did happen, it wasn't caught on video. At these sorts of events at least one person has their phone out videoing things at any one time

Edit : his twitter has gone quiet so people are just replying to his most recent tweet which is a video of him using a bin as a drum 

Screenshot_20200123-112803_TweetCaster__1579741201_196.52.60.22.jpg

Was he using the bin as a drum, or was he stealing signs for the Astros?

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

As for Gritty...haven't we all seen enough of this guy to know if you're going to a meet and greet with him you should expect a punch in the face?

Is Gritty really Dave Schultz?

Here is the team's statement released to NBC Sports Philadelphia:

In Greenwell’s telling, Brandon playfully patted the mascot on the head after the photo was taken. As Brandon walked away, Gritty got out of his chair, 'took a running start,' and 'punched my son as hard as he could,' Greenwell said Wednesday.

We took Mr. Greenwell’s allegations seriously and conducted a thorough investigation that found nothing to support this claim.

Greenwell said he took his son to see a chiropractor about a week after the incident. The chiropractor noted that Brandon suffered from mild pain, and diagnosed him with a back bruise, or a 'contusion to lower thoracic spine with subluxation,' according to documents from the chiropractor, provided by Greenwell.

Just now, intheslot said:

Here is the team's statement released to NBC Sports Philadelphia:

In Greenwell’s telling, Brandon playfully patted the mascot on the head after the photo was taken. As Brandon walked away, Gritty got out of his chair, 'took a running start,' and 'punched my son as hard as he could,' Greenwell said Wednesday.

We took Mr. Greenwell’s allegations seriously and conducted a thorough investigation that found nothing to support this claim.

Greenwell said he took his son to see a chiropractor about a week after the incident. The chiropractor noted that Brandon suffered from mild pain, and diagnosed him with a back bruise, or a 'contusion to lower thoracic spine with subluxation,' according to documents from the chiropractor, provided by Greenwell.

i just dont see a scenario where a high profile mascot, at a public event, could do something like what is alleged, without a video or witness who saw it.

It sounds to me like the kid may have gotten a bit out of control hitting gritty in the head, and the dad is blowing it out of proportion for an attempt to "cash in"

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CoachX said:

It sounds to me like the kid may have gotten a bit out of control hitting gritty in the head, and the dad is blowing it out of proportion for an attempt to "cash in"

The/A weird thing about it is that apparently the team offered to have  the kid come to the locker room and/or be on the bench during ice warmups and the dad was fixated on getting him on the jumbotron.

I agree that there's little chance that this happened as described, given the nature of the event. Could be that someone comes forward to corroborate, but it seems unlikely at this point.

I'm also skeptical of the idea that the team had no video/security oversight of the area where this photo shoot was going on. That just seems ridiculously unlikely that there is a significant portion of the Big Bank Building that has no security camera coverage?

On 1/22/2020 at 4:41 PM, CoachX said:

Per FOX NEWS story,

Philadelphia Flyers mascot Gritty accused of punching teen at season ticket holders' event

weird story. dont know what to make of it, but regardless of outcome, Santa Claus is off the hook

Really plays like someone trying to make a buck from a quick settlement.  

• Like 1

On 1/23/2020 at 4:56 PM, flyercanuck said:

As for Gritty...haven't we all seen enough of this guy to know if you're going to a meet and greet with him you should expect a punch in the face?

Which is why the fact that it was in the back this time is so perplexing.

• Haha 1
  • Good Post 1